· Abbey, L., and R.A.L. Kanton. 2004. Fertilizer type, but not time of cessation of irrigation, affect onion development and yield in a semi arid region. Journal of Vegetable Crop Production. 9(2): 41-48.
· Abdel-Baky, M.M.H. 2005. Comparing the effect of organic and mineral nitrogen and their levels on the growth, yield and chemical content of spinach. Egyptian Journal of Applied Science. 20: 215-228.
· Adediran, J.A., L.B. Taiwo, and R.A. Sobulo. 2003. Effect of organic wastes and method of composting on compost maturity nutrient composition of compost and yield of two vegetable crops. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. 22(4): 95-109.
· Aisha, A.H., F.A. Rizk, A.M. Shaheen, and M.M. Abdel-Mouty. 2007. Onion plant growth, bulbs yield and its physical and chemical properties as affected by organic and natural fertilization. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 3(5): 380-388.
· Akoun, J. 2004. Effect of plant density and manure on the yield and yield components of the common onion (Allium cepa L.) var. nsukka red. Nigerian. Journal of Horticultural Science. 9: 43-48.
· Anonymous. 2015. Agricultural statistics, Vol. 1, Horticultural and Crops production 2013-1014. Ministry of Agriculture, Deputy Planning and Budget, Department of Statistics and Information. (In Persian).
· Azza, M., E. El-Din, and S.F. Hendawy. 2010. Effect of dry yeast and compost tea on growth and oil content of Borago officinalis plant. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 6(4): 424-430.
· Babajide, P.A., O.S. Olabode, W.B. Akanbi, O.O. Olatunji, and E.A. Ewetola. 2008. Influence of composted Tithonia-biomass and N-mineral fertilizer on soil physico-chemical properties and performance of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum). Research Journal of Agronomy. 2(4): 101-106.
· Benito, M.; A. Masaguer, A. Moliner, N. Arrigo, and R. Palma. 2003. Chemical and microbiological parameters for the characterization of the stability and maturity of pruning waste compost. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 37(3): 184-189.
· Dauda, S.N., F.A. Ajayi, and E. Ndor. 2008. Growth and yield of water melon (Citrullus lanatus) as affected by poultry manure application. Journal of Agriculture and Social Science. 4: 121-124.
· El-Desuki, M., A.R. Mahmoud, and M.M. Hafiz. 2006a. Response of onion plants to minerals and bio-fertilizers application. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 2(6): 292-298.
· El-Desuki, M., M.M. Abdel-Mouty, and A.H. Ali. 2006b. Response of onion plants to additional dose of potassium application. Journal of Applied Sciences Research. 2(9): 592-597.
· Gallardo-Lara, F., and R. Nogales. 1987. Effect of the application of town refuses compost on the soil-plant system: A Review. Biological Wastes.19: 35 – 62.
· Gambo, B.A., M.D. Magaji, A.I. Yakubu, and A.U. Dikko. 2008. Effects of Farmyard manure, nitrogen and weed interference on the growth and yield of onion (Allium cepa L.) at the Sokoto Rima valley. Journal of Sustainable development in Agriculture and Environment. 3(2): 87-92.
· Geries, L.S.M., E.S. El Gizawy, A.M.A. Abo–Dahab, and S.S. Karam. 2012 Productivity and quality of two onion cultivars under organic, slow release and mineral fertilizers. Journal of Plant Production Mansoura University. 3 (5): 835 – 846.
· Jayathilake, P.K.S., I.P. Reddy, D. Srihari, and K.R. Reddy. 2006. Productivity and soil fertility status as influenced integrated use of N-fixing Biofertilizers, organic manures and inorganic fertilizers in onion. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 2(1): 46-58.
· Jayathilake, P.K.S., I.P. Reddy, D. Srihari, K.R. Reddy, and G. Neeraja. 2003. Integrated nutrient management in onion (Allium cepa L.). Tropical Agricultural Research.15:1-19.
· Kuo, S., M.E. Ortiz-Escobar, N.V. Hue, R.L. Hummel, and S.G. Pandalai. 2004 Composting and compost utilization for agronomic and container crops. In: Recent research developments in environmental biology. 1(II): 451 – 513.
· Majlessi, M., A. Eslami, H. Najafi Saleh, S. Mirshafieean, and S. Babaii. 2012. Vermicomposting of food waste: assessing the stability and maturity. Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering. 9(1): 9-25.
· Mohanty A., P. Behera, and S. Harichandan. 2015.Effect of nutrient management on the growth and productivity of onion. Agricultural Science Digest. 35(3): 241-243.
· Mousavizadeh, S.A., M. Moghadam, M. Tourchi, S.A. Mohammadi, and S. Masiha. 2006. Morphological and agronomic diversity in Iranian onion landraces. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences.
37-1(2): 193-202. (In Persian).
· Naeem, M., J. Iqbal, and M.A.A. Bakhsh. 2006. Comparative study of inorganic fertilizers and organic manures on yield and yield components of mungbean (Vigna radiate L.). Journal of Agriculture and Social Science. 2: 227-229.
· Obi, M.E., and P.O. Ebo. 1995. The Effects of organic and inorganic amendments on soil physical properties and Maize production in a severely degraded sandy soil on Southern Nigeria. Bioresource Technology. 51: 117-123.
· Ouda, B.A., and A.Y. Mahadeen. 2008. Effect of fertilizers on growth, yield, yield components, quality and certain nutrient contents in broccoli (Brassica oleracea). International Journal of Agriculture and Biology. 10(6): 627-632.
· Raviv, M. 2005. Production of high-quality composts for horticultural purposes: A mini review. Hort Technology. 15(1):52-57.
· Rizk, A., M. Fatma, H.M.H. Foly, and S.M. Adam .2002. Response of onion plant (Allium cepa L.) to organic and inorganic nitrogen fertilizers. Minia Journal of Agricultural Research and Development. 22(1): 129-149.
· Rohman, M.A., S.R. Saha, M.A. Salam, A.S.M.H. Masum, and S.S. Chowdhury. 2002. Correlation and path coefficient analysis in onion (Allium cepa L.). Journal of Biological Scirnnces. 2(6):531-532.
· Selvakumari, G., R. Santhi, R. Natesan, and K. Sathyabama. 2001. Soil test and vegetable crop response under integrated plant nutrition system for optimization of fertilizer doses. South Indian Horticulture. 49: 130-136.
· Serana, T.H., S. Srikrishnah, and M.M.Z. Ahmad .2010. Effect of different levels of inorganic fertilizers and compost as basal application of the growth and yield of onion (Allium cepa
L.). Journal of Agricultural Science.
· Shaheen, A., M. Fatma, A. Rizk, A. Hoda, M. Habib, and M.M.H. Abd el-Baky .2010. Nitrogen soil dressing and foliar spraying by sugar and amino acids as affected the growth, yield and its quality of onion plant. Journal of American Science. 6(8): 420-427.
· Shaheen, A., M. Fatma, A. Rizk, and S.M. Singer. 2007. Growing onion plants without chemical fertilization. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 3(2): 95-104.
· Sharma, R.P., N. Datt, and P.K. Sharma. 2003. Combined application of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and farmyard manure in onion under high hills, dry temperate conditions of North-Western Himalayas. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 73(4): 225-227.
· Singh, S., P.K. Yadav, and B. Singh. 2004. Effect of N and potassium on growth and yield of onion (Allium cepa L.) cv. Pusa Red. Haryana Journal of Horticultural Science. 33(3-4): 308-309.
· Suresh, K.D., G. Sneh, K.K. Krishn, and C.M. Mool. 2004. Microbial biomass carbon and microbial activities of soils receiving chemical fertilizers and organic amendments. Archives Agronomy Soil Science. 50: 641-647.
· Taiz, L., and E. Zeiger. 2010. Plant Physiology (5th edition). Sunderland Massachusetts Sinauer Associates.137 pp.
· Tindall, H.D. 1968. Commercial vegetable growing. Tropical hand book series, Oxford University Press. Oxford. pp 635-637.
· Wu. L., and L.Q. Ma. 2002. Relationship between compost stability and extractable organic carbon. Journal of Environmental Quality. 31(4):1323–1328.
· Yaso, I.A., H.S. Abdel-Razzak, and M.A. Wahb-Allah .2007. Influence of biofertilizer and mineral nitrogen on onion growth, yield and quality under reclaimed calcareous soil condition. Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Alexandria University Egypt. 6(1): 245-264.
· Yoldas, F., S. Ceylan, N. Mordogan, and B.C. Esetlili. 2011. Effect of organic and inorganic fertilizers on yield and mineral content of onion (Allium cepa L.). African Journal of Biotechnology. 10(55): 11488-11492.