· Acreche, M.M., and G.A. Slafer. 2006. Grain weight response to increases in number of grains in wheat in a Mediterranean area. Field Crops Research
. 98: 52-59.
· Aggarwal, P.K., R.A. Fischer, and S.P. Liboon. 1990. Source–sink relation and effects of post anthesis canopy defoliation in wheat at low latitudes. Journal of Agricultural Science.
· Ahmadi, A., M. Joudi, and M. Janmohammadi. 2009. Late defoliation and wheat yield: Little evidence of post-anthesis source limitation. Field Crops Research.
· Álvaro, F., C. Royo, L.F. García del Moral, and D. Villegas. 2007. Grain filling and dry matter translocation responses to source–sink modifications in a historical series of durum wheat. Crop Science
. 48: 1523-1531.
· Anonymous. 2013. FAO Production Statistics. Available online at: http://faostat.fao.org/site/
· Araus, J.L., G.A. Slafer, C. Royo, and M.D. Serreat. 2008. Breeding for yield potential and stress adaptation in cereals. Critical Review in Plant Science
. 27: 377-412.
· Borras, L., G.A. Slafer, and M.E. Otegui. 2004. Seed dry weight response to source-sink manipulations in wheat, maize and soybean: a quantitative reappraisal. Field Crops Research
. 86: 131-146.
· Cruz-Aguado, J.A., R. Rodes, I.P. Perez, and M. Dorado. 2000. Morphological characteristics and yield components associated with accumulation and loss of dry mass in the internodes of wheat. Field Crops Research.
· De Vita, P., O.L.D. Nicosia, F. Nigro, C. Platani, C. Reifolo, N. Di Fonzo, and L. Cattivelli. 2007 Breeding progress in morphophysiological, agronomical and qualitative traits of durum wheat cultivars released in Italy during the 20th century. European Journal of Agronomy.
· Ehdaie, B., G.A. Alloush, and J.G. Waines. 2008. Genotypic variation in linear rate of grain growth and contribution of stem reserves to grain yield in wheat. Field Crops Research.
· Foulkes, M.J., G.A. Slafer, W.J. Davies, P.M. Berry, R. Sylvester–Bradley, P. Martre, D.F. Calderini, S. Griffiths, and M. Reynolds. 2011. Raising yield potential of wheat. III. Optimizing partitioning to grain while maintaining lodging resistance. Journal of Experimental Botany
. 69: 469-486.
· Joudi, M. 2016. Environmental conditions affect associations between wheat yield and phenological events. Jordan Journal of Agricultural Science
· Joudi, M., A. Ahmadi, V. Mohammadi, A.R. Abbasi, H. Mohammadi, M. Esmaeilpour, Z. Bayat, and B. Torkashvand. 2010. Evaluation of stem reserves accumulation and remobilization in Iranian wheat cultivars under irrigated and post-anthesis drought stress conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science.
2: 315-328. (In Persian).
· Joudi, M., A. Ahmadi, V. Mohammadi, A.R. Abbasi, and H. Mohammadi. 2014. Genetic changes in agronomic and phenologic traits of Iranian wheat cultivars grown in different environmental conditions. Euphytica.
R., S. Burkart
, A. Bramm
, and H.J. Weigel
. 2003. Effect of CO2
enrichment on growth and daily radiation use efficiency of wheat in relation to temperature and growth stage. European Journal of Agronomy
. 19 (3):
· Miralles, D.J., and G.A. Slafer. 2007. Sink limitation to yield in wheat: how could it be reduced? Journal of Agricultural Science.
· Mohammadi, H., A. Ahmadi, J.C. Yang, F. Moradi, Z. Wang, A. Abbasi, and K. Poustini. 2013. Effects of nitrogen and ABA application on basal and distal kernel weight of wheat. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology.
· Richards, R.A., J.R. Hunt, J.A. Kirkegaard, and J.B. Passioura. 2014. Yield improvement and adaptation of wheat to water-limited environments in Australia–a case study. Crop and Pasture Science
. 65: 676-689.
· Sadras, V.O. 2007. Evolutionary aspects of the trade-off between seed size and number in crop. Field Crops Research.
· Sanchez-Garcia, M., C. Royo, N. Aparicio, J.A. Martin-Sanchez, and F.Alvaro 2013. Genetic improvement of bread wheat yield and associated traits in Spain during the 20th century. Journal of Agricultural Science.
· Sener, O., M. Arslan, Y. Soysal, and M. Eryman. 2009. Estimates of relative yield potential and genetic improvement of wheat cultivars in the Mediterranean region. Journal of Agricultural Science.
· Shearman, V.J., R. Sylvester-Bradley, R.K. Scott, and M.J. Foulkes. 2005. Physiological processes associated with wheat yield progress in the UK. Crop Science.
· Wang, Z., Y. Yin, M. He, Y. Zhang, S. Lu, Q. Li, and S. Shi. 2003. Allocation of photosynthates and grain growth of two wheat cultivars with different potential grain growth in response to pre- and post-anthesis shading. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.
· White, A.C., A. Rogers, M. Rees, and C.P. Osborne. 2016. How can we make plants grow faster? A source–sink perspective on growth rate. Journal of Experimental Botany.