عنوان مقاله [English]
Growth analysis is a valuable method to quantify crop growth, development and production. Because, parameters of nonlinear regression models have significant physiological meanings, it was decided to study the effect of topping and variety on crop growth indices by using a logistic nonlinear regression model in a factorial experiment, based on randomized complete block design with 3 replications, at the Research Farm of Gonbad University during 2014-2015. The first factor consisted of five faba bean verities (Zohreh, Shami, Sheshband, Sarazeri and Barkat) and the second factor of two levels, topping and control. Results showed that using this molel described well the variation pattern of dry matter accumulation and LAI by time. It was also revealel that the difference between verities for the time to reach maximum leaf area index and the time required to reach 50 percent of maximum dry matter were not significant. The effect of variety on leaf area index was significant at the 5% level. The maximum and minimum leaf area index, total dry matter and crop growth rate of Barkat, Zohre and the Saraziri were higher than Shami and Sheshband varieties, and thus this was resulted in higher yield. Leaf area index in all varieties was the critical leaf area index. The average critical leaf area index in varieties was 1.37. The maximum and minimum relative growth rate at the beginning of the growing season belonged to the Saraziri and Barkat with 0.066 and 0.055 g/g.day, respectively.
· Abdallah, A.A., A.M. El Naim, M.F. Ahmed, and M.B.Taha. 2015. Biological yield and harvest index of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) as affected by different agro-ecological environments. World Journal of Agricultural Research. 3: 78-82.
· Alinaghizadeh, M., M. Movahhedi Dehnavi, H. Faraji, and M. Azimi Gandomani. 2010. Study of the yield and growth indices of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) as double cropping in Yasouj region. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 3(2): 15-23. (In Pershian).
· Alizade, A., T. Sakinejad, and M. Rafie. 2010. The calculation of the morpho-physiologic indices of growth and yield components of white pea, in different plant density cultivation of dryland winter. Science Crop (Agricultural Research). 2(4): 46-55. (In Pershian).
· Arabameri, R. 2008. Predicting kernel number and biomass retranslocation in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Thesis of M.Sc. Gorgan University. Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. 89 pp. (In Persian).
· Arvin, P., M. Azizi, and A. Soltani. 2009. Comparison of yield and physiological indices of spring cultivars of oliseed rape species. Seed and Plant Improvement Journal. 29(3):401-417. (In Persian).
· Bagheri, A., Kh. Azizi, and M. Hasnovandi. 2014. Analysis of the growth indices of two varieties of lentil using regression modeling. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 12(3): 484-490. (In Pershian).
· Bakry, B.A., T.A. Eleva, M.F. EL Karamany, M.S. Zeidan, and M.M. Tawfik. 2011. Effect of row spacing on yield and its components of some faba bean varieties under newly reclaimed sandy soil condition. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 7(1): 68- 72.
· Basimfar R., M. Nasri, and K. Zargari. 2016. Effect of sea alga extract and vermicompost on yield and plant growth indices of mung bean. Journal of Crop Production Research. 8(1): 56-70. (In Persian).
· Daur, I., H. Sepetoglu, K.B. Marwarth, G. Hassan, and I.A. Khan. 2008. Effect of different levels of nitrogen on dry matter and grain yield of faba bean. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 40(6): 2453-2459.
· Derini, F., H. Madani, and M.H. Shirzadi. 2009. Comparison of different growth analyse indices for vigna and tepary Jiroft, Iran local beans germplasms in various plant densities. New Finding in Agriculture. 3(2):105-120. (In Pershian).
· Ghadiryan, R., A. Soltani, E. Zeinali, M. Kalateh Arabi, and E. Bakhshandeh. 2011. Evaluating non-linear regression models for use in growth analysis of wheat. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 4 (3): 55-77. (In Pershian).
· Ghanbari, A.A., M.R. Shakiba, M. Toorchi, and R. Choukan. 2013. Nitrogen changes in the leaves and accumulation of some minerals in the seeds of red, white and Chitti beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) under water deficit conditions. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 7(5): 706-712.
· Hassanzadeh, A.Kh., A. Rahemi Karizaki, A. Nakhzari Moghadam, and A. Biabani. 2013. The combined effect of terminal heat the end of growth season and competition between plants on phenology, yield and components yield in faba bean. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 6(4): 151-163. (In Pershian).
· Khadempir, M., A. Zeinali, E. Soltani, and M. Torani. 2014. Investigation leaf area index, dry matter accumulation and allocation in two cultivars of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) affected by the distance between rows and planting date. Journal of Applied Research of Plant Ecophysiology. 1(3):15-36. (In Pershian).
· Kouchaki, A., and M. Banaeian Avval. 2004. Crop yield physiology. Jahad Daneshgahi Mashhad Press. 380. p. (In Pershian).
· Kouchaki, A., and Gh. Sarmadnia. 2011. Crop physiology (Translation). Publications University of Mashhad, Edition sixteenth. 400 PP. (In Pershian).
· Koucheki, A., and M. Khajeh Hosseini. 2008. Modern agronomy. Jihad-e- Daneshgahi of Mashhad Press. 704 P. (In Persian).
· Lebaschy, M.H., and E. Sharifi Ashour Abadi. 2004. Application of physiological growth indices for suitable harvesting of Hypericum perforatum. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi Journal. 65: 65-75. (In Persian).
· Liu, X., J. Jin, S.J. Herbert, Q. Zhang, and G. Wang. 2005. Yield components, dry matter, LAI and LAD of soybean in northeast China. Field Crops Research. 93: 85-93.
· Malek, M.M., S. Galeshi, A. Zeinali, H. Ajamnorozi, and M. Malek. 2012. Investigation of leaf area index, dry matter and crop growth rate on the yield and yield components of soybean cultivars. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 5(4):1-17. (In Pershian).
· Martini, M.Y., B.A. McKenzie, D.J. Moot, and G.D. Hill. 2012. Dry matter accumulation of faba bean sown at different sowing dates in Canterbury. Agronomy New Zealand. 42: 43- 51.
· Mirshekari, V., and H. Esfarm meshkin shahr. 2013. Response of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivars to topping and plant growth regulator. Best Sowing Plant & Seed Journal. 2(1): 97-108 (In Persian).
· Mitiku, A., and M. Wolde. 2015. Effect of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) varieties on yield attributes at sinana and agarfa districts of Bale Zone, Southeastern Ethiopia. Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences. 8(4): 281– 286.
· Modarresi, M., M. Kheradnam, and M.T. Assad. 2004. Selection indices as indirect selection in corn hybrids (Zea mays L.) for increasing grain yield. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Science. 35(1): 115-127. (In Pershian).
· Muller, J., T. Behrens, and W. Diepenbrock. 2006. Use of a new sigmoid growth equation to estimate organ area indices from canopy area index in winter oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). Field Crops Research. 96: 279-295.
· Nakhzari Moghaddam, A. 2013. Effect of detopping and plant density on yield and yield components of barakat cultivar of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) in Gonbad Kavous. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Science. 44 (4): 703-710. (In Persian).
· Nasrollahzade, S., Kh. Ghassemi Gholezani, and Y. Raey. 2011a. Evaluation of the relationship of shading with growth and grain yield of faba bean. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science. 21 (3):76-87. (In Persian).
· Nasrollah Zadeh, S., Kh. Ghassemi Golezani, and Y. Raey. 2011b. Effect of shading on rate and duration of grain filling and yield of faba bean cultivars. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science 21(3): 47-56. (In Persian).
· Navabpour, S., N. Latifi, S.H. Hosseini, and G. Kazemi. 2011. Evaluation of grain yield in relation to yield components and growth indices in wheat. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 4(3): 157-173. (In Persian).
· Ouzuni Douji, A.A., M. Esfahani, H.A. Samizadeh Lahiji, and M. Rabiei. 2008. Effect of planting pattern and plant density on growth indices and radiation use efficiency of apetalous flowers and petalled flowers rapeseed (Brassica Bapus L.) cultivars. Iranian Journal Crop Science. 9: 400–328.(In Persian).
· Rahemi-karizaki, A. 2005. Predicting interception and use of solar radiation in chickpea. Thesis of M.Sc. Gorgan Uni. Agric Sci. Natur Resour. 89 p. (In Persian).
· Rahman M.A., A.J.M.S. Karim, M.M. Hoque, and K. Egashira. 2000. Effects of irrigation and nitrogen fertilisation on photosynthesis, leaf area index and dry matter production of wheat on clay terrace soil in Bangladesh. Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture. 45: 289-300.
· Sadeghi, H., M.A. Baghestani, G.A. Akbari, and A. Hejazi. 2003. Evalution soybean and some weed species growth trails in comparison condition. Journal of Pests and Plant Pathology. 71: 87-106. (In Persian).
· Sadeghipour, A., H. Ghaffari Khaligh, and R. Monam. 2005. The effect plant density on yield and yield components of limited growth and unlimited growth cultivars of red beans. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 11(1): 149-159. (In Persian).
· Soltani, A. 2015. Using the SAS software the statistical analysis. Publications Mashhad University Jihad. 184p.
· Talei, A.R., K. Poostini, and S. Davazdah-Emami. 2000. Effects of cropping pattern on physiological characteristics of some bean varieties. Iranian Journal Agriculture Science. 31: 477-487. (In Persian).
· Timmermans, B.G.H., J. Vos, J. van Nieuwburg, T.J. Stomph, and P.E.L. van der Putten. 2007. Germination rates of Solanum sisymbriifolium: temperature response models, effects of temperature fluctuations and soil water potential. Seed Science Research. 17: 221–231.
· Yano, T., M. Aydin, and T. Haraguchi. 2007. Impact of climate change on irrigation demand and crop growth in a Mediterranean environment of Turkey. Sensors. 7: 2297-2315.
Yin, X., J. Gouadrian, E.A. Latinga, J.Vos, and J.H. Spiertz. 2003. A flexible sigmoid growth function of determinate growth. Annals of Botany. 91: 361-371.