عنوان مقاله [English]
Cold and drought stresses are considered as the most important factors limiting crop production. To evaluate the effect of these tow stresses on yield and yield components of corn hybrids, a field experiment was implemented in split plots based on a randomized complete block design in 3 replicates during 2014 at the Research Greenhouse of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. In this research, chilling stress in two levels (i.e. non-stress, and cold stress) is considered as the main factor and three levels of drought stress (i.e. irrigation equivalent to 100% of plants water requirement, non-stress as control, irrigation equivalent to 75% of plants water requirement, and irrigation equivalent to 50% of plants water requirement) as sub factor and three hybrid corn (i.e. single-cross 704, single-cross 400, single-cross 260). The results showed that the effects of drought and hybrids on traits under study were significant. Cold and drought stresses interaction of different corn varieties on the traits under study (seed number per ear, 100-seed weight, yield, biological yield and harvest index) was also significant. The highest seed yields of hybrid 704 and hybrid 400 under 100% water requirement were 7887 and 6862 kg.ha-1 respectively. Single-cross 400 variety had the highest water productivity in line with the 704 variety with the highest grain yield and water consumption efficiency, water consumption efficiency for biomass production in water-limited conditions increased. Finally, it shows that cold and drought stress interaction resulted in highest water consumption efficiency in the treatments of non-chilling stress and 100% water requirement.
· Abo-El-Kheir, M.S.A., and B.B. Mekki. 2007. Response of maize cross–10 to water deficitsduring silking and grain filling stages. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 3(3): 269–272.
· Allen, R.G., L.S. Pereira, D. Raes, and M. Smith. 1998. Crop evapotranspiration-Guidelines for computing crop water requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper. 56.
· Calir, R. 2004. Effect of water stress at differentdevelopment stages on vegetative and reproductive growth of corn. Field Crops Research. 89(1): 1-16.
· Daneshmand, A.R., A.H. Shirani-Rad, Gh. Nour-Mohammadi, Gh. Zarei, and J. Daneshian. 2008. Effect of irrigation regimes and nitrogen levels on seed yield and seed quality of two rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) cultivars. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 10 (3): 244-261. (In Persian).
· Daneshmand, F., M.J. Arvin, B. Keramat, and N. Momeni. 2013. Interctive effect of salt Stress and salicylic acid on germination and plant growth parameters of maize (Zea mays L.) under field condations. Journal of Plant Process Function. 1(1): 56-70. (In Persian).
· Farre, I., and J.M. Faci. 2006. Comparative response of maize (Zea mays L.) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) to deficit irrigation in a Mediterranean environment. Agricultural Water Management. 83: 135- 143.
· Farre, I., and J.M. Faci. 2009. Deficit irrigation in maize for reducing agricultural water use in a Mediterranean environment. Agricultural Water Management. 96: 383–394.
· Fatemi, R., B. Kahrarian, A. Ghanbari, and M. Valizade. 2006. Effects of different irrigation regimes and water requirements on yield and corn single cross 704. Journal ofSpecialAgricultural Sciences. 12(1): 133-140. (In Persian).
· Henthe, Z., and R. Aminian. 2017. Response of Late Maturing Hybrids Seed Corn to the Application of Potassium Sulfate under Deficit I rrigation. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 2(11):283-302. (In Persian).
· Johnston, A.M., and D.B. Fowler. 1992. Response of no-till winter wheat to nitrogen fertilization and drought stress. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 72: 1075-1089.
· Kaman, H., C. Kirda, and S. Sesveren. 2011. Genotypic differences of maize in grain yield response to deficit irrigation. Agricultural Water Management. 98: 801-807.
· Karimi, M., M. Esfahani, M.H. Biglouei, B. Rabiei, and A. Kafi-Ghasemi. 2009. Effect of deficit irrigation treatments on morphological traits and growth indices of forage corn in the Rasht climate. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 2: 91-110. (In Persian).
· Larson, E.J., and M.O. Clegg. 2009. Using corn maturity to maintain grain yield in the presence of late season drought. Journal of Production Agriculture. 12: 400-405.
· Lukatkin, A., A. Brazaitye, Č. Bobinas, and P. Duchovskis. 2012. Chilling injury in chilling –sensitive plants. A Review. Zemdirbyste Agriculture. 99(2): 111-124.
· Lyle, W.M., and J.P. Bordvosky. 1995. Leap corn irrigation with limited water supplies. Transaction of the Asae. 38: 455-462.
· Majidian, M., A. Ghalavand, A.A. Kamkar-Haghighi, and N. Karimian. 2008. Effects of drought stress, nitrogen fertilizer and manure on chlorophyll meter readings, yield and yield components of maize SC 704. Iranian Journal of CropSciences. 10(3):303-330. (In Persian).
· Majidian, M., and H. Ghadiri. 2002. Effects of water stress at different stages and different amounts of nitrogen fertilizer on yield, yield components, water use efficiency and physiological characteristics of corn. Iranian Journalof Agricultural Sciences. 33(3):521-533. (In Persian).
· Mirhadi, M. 2001. Corn research, education and extension. Ministry of Jihad-Keshavarzi. 1-214. (In Persian).
· Nesmith, D.S., and J.T. Ritchie. 1992. Short- and long- term responses of corn to a pre- anthesis soil water deficit. Agronmy Journal. 84: 107-113.
· Nour-Mohamadi, G., A. Siadat, and A. Kashani. 2001. The cultivation of crops. Chamran University Press.1- 446. (In Persian).
· Panahi, M., R. Naseri, and R. Solemani. 2010. Efficiency of some sweet corn hybrids at two sowing dates in central Iran. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research. 6 (1): 51-55.
· Pandy, R.K., and J.W. Maranvill. 2000. Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on maize in a Sahelian environment. Shoot growth nitrogen uptake and water extraction. Agricultural Water Management. 46 (1): 15-27.
· Ranjbar, H. 2005. Effects of water stress and physiological appearance of thinning at various stages of growth, yield and yield components of corn hybrids 704. M.S. Dissertation. Faculty of Agriculture, Shiraz University, Iran. (In Persian).
· Shikhi, M., N Sajedi Gharayazi, and M. Girani. 2012. Effects of water stress on agronomic characteristics of hybrids Arak conditions. Iranian Journal of CropSciences. 8(3): 101-110. (In Persian).
· Shoa Hosseini, M., M. Farsi, and S. Khavari Khorasani. 2008. Investigation of water deficit stress on yield and yield components using path analysis in some corn hybrids. Journal of Agricultural Science. 18 (1): 71-85. (In Persian).
· Solimanifard, A., and R. Naseri. 2016. The Effects of irrigation regemes and planting patterns on seed yield and some agronomic traits of maize (S.C. 604). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 1 (37): 201-212. (In Persian).
· Tarighaleslami, M., R. Zarghami, M. Mashhadi- boojar, and M. Oveysi. 2012. Evaluation of quantitative and qualitative characteristics SC704 maize varieties under drought stress conditions and levels of nitrogen fertilizer. JournalFarmon the Edge ofthe Desert. 9(1):75-92. (In Persian).
Yazdani, M., M.A, Bahmanyar, H. Pirdashti, and M.A. Esmaili. 2009. Effect of phosphate solubilization microorganisms and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria on yield and yield components of corn. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 3: 2-12.
Zinselmeier, C., M.E. Westagate, and R.J. Jones. 1995. Kern set at low water potential does not vary with source/sink in maize. Crop Science. 35: 158-163.