· Alloway, B.J. 2008. Zinc in soil and crop nutrition. Second edition, Published by International Zinc Assocation and International Fertilizer Industry Assocation, Brussels, Belgium and Paris, France. 136 pp.
· Beech, D.F., and M.J.T. Norman. 2002. The effect of wet-season land treatment and nitrogen fertilizer on safflower, linseed, and wheat in the Ord River Valley. Australian Journal of Experiment Agricultural. Animal Husbandary. 8: 72-80.
· Burhan, A., E. Esendal, and Z. Ekin. 2001. The effects of N application times on morphology, yield and quality characters of safflower. Proceedings of the 5th International Safflower Conference, North Dakota, USA. 341 pp.
· Chen, X., J. Zhou, X. Wang, A.M. Blackmer, and F. Zhang. 2004. Optimal rates of nitrogen fertilization for a winter wheat-corn cropping system in Northern China. Communication of Soil Sciences and Plant Analysis. 35: 583-597.
· Diaz, F.A., I. Garza, and A.S. Ortegon. 2006. Biofertilization of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius
L) under limited humidity conditions. Revista Fitotecnia Mexicana
. 29 (2): 175-180.
· Dordas, C.A., and C. Sioulas. 2008. Safflower yield, chlorophyll content, photosynthesis, and water use efficiency response to nitrogen fertilization under rainfed conditions. Industrial Crops and Products. 27: 75–85.
· Dordas, C.A., and C. Sioulas. 2009. Dry matter and nitrogen accumulation, partitioning, and retranslocation in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) as affected by nitrogen fertilization. Field Crops Research. 110: 35–43.
· Erisman, J.W. 2004. The Nanjing declaration on management of reactive nitrogen. Bioscience. 54: 4286–4287.
· Forooghi, L., and A. Ebadi. 2012. Effect of nitrogen and sulfur fertilizer application on yield, yield components, and some physiological traits of spring safflower. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 5 (2): 37-56. (In Persian).
· Heydazadeh, S., and J. Jalilian. 2017. Assessment of Changes in Weed Dry Weight and some Characteristics of Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) under Different Sources of Fertilizer and Intercropping. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 10(4): 791-808. (In Persian).
· Kaiser, J. 2001. The other global pollutant: nitrogen proves tough to curb. Science. 294: 1268–1269.
· Mirzakhani, M. 2009. Effects of co-inoculation of Azotobacter and Mycorrhiza under nitrogen and phosphorus levels on nutrients absorbtion efficiency in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Thesis of Ph.D in Agronomy. Islamic Azad University, Sciences and Research Branch-Khouzestan. 278 pp. (In Persian).
· Mirzakhani, M. 2012 a. Effects of integrated use of different combinations of fertilizers and biofertilizers on spring safflower. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environment Sciences. 12 (8): 1035-1041.
· Mirzakhani, M. 2012 b. Reaction of safflower yield components to inoculation with mycorrhiza, azotobacter and chemical fertilizers. Journal on Plant Science Researches. 26 (2): 37- 51. (In Persian).
· Mohsen-nia, O., and J. Jalilian. 2012. Effect of drought stress and different sources of manure on yield and yield components in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Agroecology. 4 (3): 235-245. (In Persian).
· Naik, R., A.S. Halepyati, and B.T. Pujari. 2007. Effect of organic manures and fertilizer levels on growth, yield components and yield of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 20(4): 835-836.
· Nosengo, N. 2003. Fertilized to death. Nature. 425: 894–895.
· Ojaghloo, F., F. Farahvash, A. Hassan-zadeh, and M. Pouryusef. 2007. Effect of inoculation with azotobacter and barvar phosphate biofertilizers on yield of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 1(3): 39-51. (In Persian).
· Saneoka, H., R.E.A. Moghaieb, G.S. Premachandra, and K. Fujita. 2004. Nitrogen nutrition and water stress effects on cell membrane stability and leaf water relations in Agrostis palustris Huds. Environment Experiment Botany. 52: 131-138.
· Shariatinia, F. 2008. Effects of nitrogen, boron and sulfur on yield and yield components, seed protein and oil content of safflower, Isfahan native cultivar. M.Sc Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture. Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman. (In Persian).
· Siddiqui, M.H., and F.C. Oad. 2006. Nitrogen requirement of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) for growth and yield traits. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 5(3): 563-565.
· Soleimani, R. 2008. Effect of rate and time of nitrogen application on grain yield and its components in spring safflower (Carthamus tinctorious L.). Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 10 (1): 47-59. (In Persian).
· Zheng, Y.M., Y.F. Ding, Q-S. Wang, G.H. Li, H. Wu, Q. Yuan, H.Z. Wang, and S.H. Wang. 2007. Effect of nitrogen applied before transplanting on NUE in rice. Agricultural Sciences in China. 6(7): 842-848.