· Baets, S.D.E., JJ. Poesen, JJ. Meersmans, and LL. Serlet. 2011. Cover crops and their erosion-reducing effects during concentrated flow erosion. Catena. 85: 237-244.
· Blanco-Canqui, H., J.D. Holman, A.J. Schlegel, J. Tatarko, and T. Shaver. 2013. Replacing fallow with cover crops in a semiarid soil: Effects on soil properties. Soil Science Society of American Journal. 77: 1026–1034.
· Blanco-Canqui, H.H., M.M. Claassen, and D.R. Presley. 2012. Summer cover crops fix nitrogen, increase crop yield, and improve soil-crop relationships. Agronomy Journal. 104: 137-147.
· Clark, A., 2007. Managing cover crops profitably, 3rd ed. Sustainable Agriculture Network, Beltsville, MD.
· Denise, M.F., and G.C. Nancy. 2008. Weed Management on organic farms. Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS). 1-34.
· Dhima, K.V., I.B. Vasilukoglou, I.G. Eleftherohorinos, and A.S. Lithourgidis. 2006. Allelopathic development. Crop Science Society of America. 46: 1682-1691.
· Didon, U.M.E., A.K. Kolseth, D. Widmark, and P. Persson. 2014. Cover crop residues-effects on germination and early growth of annual weeds. Weed Science. 62: 294-302.
· Ding, G.W., X. Liu, S.S. Herbert, J.J. Novak, D.D. Amarasiriwardena, and B.S. Xing. 2006. Effect of cover crop management on soil organic matter. Geoderma. 130: 229-239.
· Fakhari, R., and A. Tobeh. 2013. Towards more sustainable production systems. Persian Gulf Crop Protection. 2(2): 49-58.
· Hollander, N.G., L. Bastiaans, and M.J. Kropff. 2007. Clover as a cover crop for weed suppression in an intercropping design: I. Characteristics of several clover species. European Journal of Agronomy. 26(2): 92-103.
· Hooker, K.V., C.E. Coxon, R.R. Hackett, L.E. Kirwan, E.E. O’Keeffe, and K.G. Richards. 2008. Evaluation of cover crop and reduced cultivation for reducing nitrate leaching in Ireland. Journal of Environmental Quality. 37: 138-145.
· Hutchinson, C.M., and M.E. Mc Giffen. 2000. Cowpea cover crop mulch for weed control in desert pepper production. Hort Science. 35: 196-198.
· Ngwira, A., J.B. Aune, and C. Thierfelder. 2014. On-farm evaluation of the efffects of the principles and components of conservation agriculture on maize yield and weed biomass in Malawi. Experimental Agriculture. 50: 591–610.
· Niakan, M., R.A. Khavarinejad, and M.B. Rezaei. 2004. The effect of three fertilizer systems K.P.N on fresh and dry weight, leaf area and essential oil content of Mentha piperita. Journal of Medicinal Plants. 2: 131-148. (In Persian).
· Potter, TL., D.D. Bosch, H.H. Joo, B.B. Schaffer, and R.R. Muñoz-Carpena. 2007. Summer cover crops reduce atrazine leaching to shallow groundwater in Southern Florida. Journal of Environmental Quality. 36: 1301-1309.
· Ranjbar, M., B. Samedani, H. Rahimian Mashhadi, M.R. Jahansoz, and R. Bihamta. 2007. Influence of Winter cover crops on weed control and tomato yield. Pajouhsh and Sazandegi. 74: 24-33. (In Persian).
· Sadeghpour, A., L.E. Gorlitsky, M. Hashemi, S.A. Weis, and S.J. Herbert. 2014. Response of switchgrass yield and quality to harvest season and nitrogen fertilizer. Agronomy Journal. 106: 290-296.
· Samedani, B., and H. Rahimiyan Mashhadi. 2007. The compare effects of monoculture and mixed cover crops on weed control and yield of tomatoe. Journal of Plant Pests and Diseases. (75): 127-143. (In Persian).
· Samedani, B., AS. Juraimi, S.A.S. Abdullah, M.Y. Rafii, A.A. Rahim, and M.P. Anwar. 2014. Effect of cover crops on weed community and oil palm yield. International Journal of Agricultur and Biology. 16: 23-31.
· Samedani, B., H. Rahimiyan Mashhadi, and M. Shahabiyan. 2005. The use of cover crops in weed control management compared to chemical and mechanical control methods. Journal of Agricultural Sciences Natural Resources. (12): 24-33. (In Persian).
· Sefidcan, F. 2001. Quality and quantity of essential oil of Foeniculum vulgare in different stages of growth. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research of Iran. 7: 75-104.
· Teasdale, J.R., L.O. Brandsaeter, A. Calegari, F. Skora Neto, M.K. Upadhyaya, and R.E. Blackshaw. 2007. Non-chemical weed management: Principles, concepts and tech. Cover Crops and Weed Management. CABI Book Publication. 201 p.
· Tillman, G.G., H.H. Schomberg, S.S. Phatak, B.B. Mullinix, S.S. Lachnicht, P.P. Timper, and D.D. Olson. 2004. Influence of cover crops on insect pests and predators in conservation tillage cotton. Journal of Economic Entomology. 97: 1217-1232.
· Tokasi, S., M.H. Rashed Mohassel, P. Rezvani Moghaddam, M. Nassiri Mahallati, S. Aghajanzadeh, and E. Kazerooni Monfared. 2008. Orange orchard weeds management using cover crops and rice mulch. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Research. 6: 49-57. (In Persian).
· Uchino, H., K. Iwama, Y. Jitsuyama, K. Ichiyama, Eri. Sugiura, T. Yudate, S. Nakamura, and J. Gopal. 2012. Effect of interseeding cover crops and fertilization on weed suppression under an organic and rotational cropping system 1. Stability of weed suppression over years and main crops of potato, maize and soybean. Field Crops Research. 127: 9–16.
· Uchino, H., K. Iwama, Y. Jitsuyama, T. Yudate, and S. Nakamura. 2009. Yield losses of soybean and maize by competition with interseeded cover crops and weeds in organic–based cropping systems. Field Crops Research. 113(3, 4): 342-351.
· Vahedi, A. 2005. Weeds, weed identification. Islamic Azad University, Astara Press. 336 p. (In Persian).
Wortman, S.E., C.A. Francis, and J.L. Lindquist. 2012. Cover crop mixtures for the western Corn Belt: Opportunities for increased productivity and stability. Agronomy Journal. 104: 699–705.