· Abrishamchi, P., A. Ganjeali, and H. Sakeni. 2012. Evaluation of morphological traits, proline content and antioxidant enzymes activity in chickpea genotypes (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 3(2): 17-30 (In Persian).
· Ahmadpour, R., N. Armand, and S.R. Hosseinzadeh. 2016. Effect of vermicompost extract on germination characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under salinity stress. Journal of Seed Research. 2(2): 123-135. (In Persian).
· Ahmadpour, R., S.R. Hosseinzadeh, N. Armand, and E. Fani. 2015. Effect of methanol on germination characteristics of lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) under drought stress. Iranian Journal of Seed Research. 2: 83-96 (In Persian).
· Armand, N., H. Amiri, and A. Ismaili. 2015. Effects of foliar application of methanol on yield and yield components of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) under water deficit stress conditions. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 9(2): 231-242. (In Persian).
· Armand, N., H. Amiri, and A. Ismaili. 2016. Interaction of methanol spray and water-deficit stress on photosynthesis and biochemical characteristics of Phaseolus vulgaris L. cv. Sadry. Photochemistry and Photobiology. 92(1):102-110.
· Arndt, S.K.K., S.C. Clifford, W. Wanek, H.G. Jones, and M. Popp. 2001. Physiological and morphological adaptations of the fruit tree Ziziphus rotundifolia in response to progressive drought stress. Tree Physiology. 21: 705-715.
· Aziz, A., J. Martin-Tanguy, and F. Larher. 1999. Salt stress-induced proline accumulation and changes in tyramine and polyamine levels are linked to ionic adjustment in tomato leaf discs. Plant Science. 145: 83–91.
· Bahadoran, M., P. Abrishamchi, H. Ejtehadi, and F. Ghassemzadeh. 2015. Study on some physiological characteristics of Salsola richteri in drought condition in the two desert regions of the South Khorasan province. Iranian Journal of Plant Biology. 7(24): 1-14.
· Bayoumi, T.Y., M. Eid, and E.M. Metwali. 2008. Application of physiological and biochemical indices as a screening technique for drought tolerance in wheat genotypes. African Journal of Biotechnology. 7: 2341-2352.
· Beauchamp, C., and I. Fridovich. 1971. Superoxide dismutase: improved assays and applicable to acryl amide gels. Annual Reviw Biochemistry. 44: 276-287.
· Beyk Khurmizi, A., A. Ganjeali, P. Abrishamchi, and M. Parsa. 2013. Interactions of vermicomopst and salinity on some morphological, physiological and biochemical traits of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) seedlings. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 4(1): 81-98 (In Persain).
· Cakmak, I. 2005. The role of potassium in alleviating detrimental effects of abiotic stresses in plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. 168: 521-530.
· Chandlee, J.M., and J.G. Scandalios. 1984. Analysis of variants affecting the catalase development program in Maize scutellum. Journal of Apply Genetic. 69: 71–77.
· Chapman, H.D., and P.F. Pratt. 1982. Method of analysis for soil, plants and water. Chapman Publisher: Riverside, CA.
· Demirevska, K., L. Simova-Stoilova, V. Vassileva, I. Vaseva, B. Grigorova, and U. Feller. 2008. Drought-induced leaf protein alteration in sensitive and tolerant wheat varieties. General and Applied Plant Physiology. 34(1-2): 79-102.
· Fanaei, H.R., M. Galavi, M. Kafi, and A.H. Shirani-rad. 2013. Interaction of water deficit stress and potassium application on potassium, calcium, magnesium concentration and oil of two species of canola (Brassica napus) and Mustard (Brassica juncea).Journal of Water and Soil Science. 23 (3): 261-275.
· Ganjeali, A., and A. Bagheri. 2011. Evaluation of morphological characteristics of root chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in response to drought stress. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 1(2): 101-110 (In Persian).
· Helal, R.M., and M. Samir. 2008. Comparative response of drought tolerant and drought sensitive maize genotypes to water stress. Australian Journal of Crops Science. 1: 31-36.
· Hosseinzadeh, S.R., A. Salimi, A. Ganjeali, and R. Ahmadpour. 2012. Effects of foliar application of methanol on growth and root characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. European Journal of Experimental Biology. 2(5):1697-1702.
· Hosseinzadeh, S.R., H. Amiri, and A. Ismaili. 2016. Effect of vermicompost fertilizer on photosynthetic characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. Photosynthetica. 54(1): 87-92.
· Hu, Y.C., and U. Schmidhalter. 2005. Drought and salinity: a comparison of their effects on mineral nutrition of plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. 168: 541-549.
· Ivanova, E.G., N.V. Dornina, and Y.A. Trotsenko. 2001. Aerobic methylobacteria are capable of synthesizing auxins. Microbiology. 70: 392-397.
· Khalilvand Behrouzyar, E., M. Yarnia., E. Farajzadeh, and M. Herischi. 2014. Effects of foliar rates of methanol applications on some of traits yield of sunflower (helianthus annuus l.) under related to seed water deficit stress. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 8(2): 193-202. (In Persian).
· Kirazov, L.P., L.G. Venkov, and E.P. Kirazov 1993. Comparison of the Lowry and the Bradford protein assays as applied for protein stimation of membrane-containing fractions. Analytical Biochemistry. 208: 44-48.
· Liu, Z., D.G. Patterson, and M.L. Lee. 1995. Geometric Approach to factor analysis for the estimation of orthogonality and practical peak capacity in comprehensive two-dimensional separations. Analytical Chemistry.
· Mirakhori, M., F. Paknejad, F. Moradi, P. Nazeri, and M. Nasri. 2010. Effects of foliar application of methanol on Glycine max L. Journal of Agroecology. 2: 236-244 (In Persian).
· Nadali, I., M. Yarnia., F. Paknejad, and F. Farahvash. 2016. Study of some qualitative and quantitative traits of sugar beet in response to foliar application of methanol and drought stress. Environmental Stresses in Crop Science. 8(2): 169-178.
· Naeimi, N., M. Yarnia, and E. Khalilvand Behrouzyar. 2012. The effects foliar application of methanol at different growth stages on kernel related traits in chickpea var. ILC 482. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 7(2): 147-158.
· Najafi, A., N. Niari khamssi, A. Mostafaie, and H. Mirzaee. 2010. Effect of progressive water deficit stress on praline accumulation and protein profiles of leaves in chickpea. African Journal of Biotechnology. 9: 7033-7036.
· Nudrat Aisha, A., M. Shahbaz, and A.S. Ashraf. 2008. Nutrient acquisition in differentially adapted populations of Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers. and Cenchrus ciliaris L. under drought stress. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 40(4): 1433-1440.
· Pardo, J.M., M.P. Reddy, S. Yang, A. Maggio, G.H. Huh, T. Mutasumoto, M.A. Coca, H. Koiwa, D.J. Yun, A.A. Watad, R.A. Bressan, and P.M. Hasegawa. 1998. Stress signaling through Ca2+ calmodulin-dependent protein phosphatase calcineurin mediates salt adaptation in plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 95: 9681-9686.
· Parsa, M., and A. Bagheri. 2008. Legumes. Mashhad University Jahad Press (In Persian).
· Ramirez, I., F. Dorta, V. Espinozo, E. Jimenez, A. Mercad, and H. Pen acortes. 2006. Effects of foliar and root applications of methanol on the growth of arabidopsis, tobacco and tomato plants. Journal of Plant Growth and Regulation. 25: 30-44.
· Sadatjamali, S., A. Borzoee, and F. Paknezhad. 2015. Root characteristics, sodium to potassium ratio, and grain yield of seven wheat genotypes under salt stress conditions. Science and Technology Publications. Greenhouse Cultivation. 20: 1-11.
· Tester, M., and R. Davenport. 2003. Na+ tolerance and Na+ transport in higher plants. Annals of Botany. 91: 503-527.
· Tewfik, K.M. 2008. Effect of water stress in addition to potassiom application on mungbean. Australian Journal Basic Apply Science. 2: 42-52.
· Wei, P., D. Chen, and R. Jing. 2015. Ameliorative effects of foliar methanol spraying on salt injury to soybean seedlings differing in salt tolerance. Plant Growth Regulation. 75: 133–141.
Yordanov, I., V. Velikova, and T. Tsonev. 2003. Plant responses to drought and stress tolerance. Bulghariean Journal of Plant Physiology. 2: 187-206.