· Abedinpour, M., A. Sarangi, T.B.S. Rajput, M. Singh, H. Pathak, and T. Ahmad. 2012. Performance evaluation of AquaCrop model for maize crop in a semi-arid environment. Agricultural Water Management
. 110: 55-66.
· Abrha, B., N. Delbecque, D. Raes, A. Tsegay, M. Todorovic, L. Heng, E. Vanuytrecht, S. Geerts, M. Garcia-Vila, and S. Deckers. 2012. Sowing strategies for barley (Hordeum vulgare
L.) based on modelled yield response to water with AquaCrop. Experimental Agriculture
. 48(2): 252-271.
· Alizadeh, H.M., B. Nazari, M. Parsinezhad, H. Ramezani etedali, and R. Janbaz. 2010. Evaluation of AquaCrop model under water deficit management in Karaj region. Iranian Journal of Irrigation and Drainage. 2(4): 273-283. (In Persian).
· Araya, A., S. Habtub, K.M. Hadguc, A. Kebedea, and T. Dejene. 2010. Test of AquaCrop model in simulating biomass and yield of water deficient and irrigated barley (Hordeum vulgare
). Agricultural Water Management
. 97: 1838-1846.
· Bannayan, M, and G. Hoogenboom. 2009. Using pattern recognition for estimating cultivar coefficients of a crop simulation model. Field Crops Research. 111: 290-302.
· Boote, K.J., J.W. Jones, and N.B. Pickering. 1996. Potential uses and limitations of crop models. Agronomy Journal. 88: 704-716.
· Ebrahimi, M., V.R. Verdinejad, and A. Mjnooni Heris. 2015. Dynamic simulation through AquaCrop of maize growth under different management decisions of water application and nitrogen fertilizer use. Iranian Journal of Soil and Water Research. 46(2): 207-220. (In Persian).
· García-Vila, M, and E. Fereres. 2012. Combining the simulation crop model AquaCrop with an economic model for the optimization of irrigation management at farm level. European Journal of Agronomy. 36: 21-31.
· Geerts, S, and D. Raes. 2009. Deficit irrigation as on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas. Agricultural Water Management
. 96: 1275-1284.
· Geerts, S., D. Raes, and M. Garcia. 2010. Using AquaCrop to derive deficit irrigation schedules. Agricultural Water Management
. 98(1): 213-216.
· Greaves, G.E, and Y.M. Wang. 2016. Assessment of FAO AquaCrop model for simulating maize growth and productivity under deficit irrigation in a tropical environment. Water. 8(12): 1-18.
· Heng, L.K., S.R. Evett, T.A. Howell, and T.C. Hsiao. 2009. Calibration and testing of FAO AquaCrop model for rainfed and irrigated maize. Agronomy Journal. 101: 488-498.
· Howell, T. 2001. Enhancing water use efficiency in irrigated agriculture. Agronomy Journal. 93: 281-189.
· Hsiao, T.C., L.K. Heng, P. Steduto, B. Rojas-Lara, D. Raes, and E. Fereres. 2009. AquaCrop-the FAO crop model to simulate yield response to water: III. Parameterization and testing for maize. Agronomy Journal. 101: 448-459.
· Khalili, N., K. Davary, A. Alizadeh, M. Kafi, and H. Ansari. 2014. Simulation of rainfed wheat yield using AquaCrop model, case study: Sisab. Rainfed Researches Station, Northern Khorasan. Journal of Water and Soil. 28(5): 930-939.
· Mhizha, T. 2010. Increase of yield stability by staggering the sowing dates of different varieties of rainfed maize in Zimbabwe. Ph.D. thesis. KU Leuven. Belgium. 166p.
· Mohammadi, M., K. Davari, B. Ghahraman, H. Ansari, and A. Haghverdi. 2015. Calibration and validation of AquaCrop model for simulation of spring wheat yield under simultaneous salinity and water stress. Journal of Water Research in Agriculture. 29(3): 277-295. (In Persian).
· Nagaz, K., I. Toumi, M.M. Masmoudi, and N.B. Mechilia. 2008. Soil salinity and barley production under full and deficit irrigation with saline water in arid conditions of Southern Tunisia. Research Journal of Agronomy. 2: 90-95.
· Oktem, A., M. Simsek, and A.G. Oktem. 2003. Deficit irrigation effects on sweet maize (Zea mays saccharata Sturt
) with drip irrigation system in a semi-arid region I. Water-yield relationship. Agricultural Water Management
. 61: 63-74.
· Paredes, P., J.P. de Melo-Abreu, I. Alves, and L.S. Pereira. 2014. Assessing the performance of the FAO AquaCrop model to estimate maize yields and water use under full and deficit irrigation with focus on model parameterization. Agricultural Water Management
. 144: 81-97.
· Pereira, L.S., P. Paredes, E.D. Sholpankulov, O.P. Inchenkova, P.R. Teodoro, and M.G. Horst. 2009. Irrigation scheduling strategies for cotton to cope with water scarcity in the Fergana Valley, Central Asia. Agricultural Water Management. 96: 723-735.
· Raes, D., P. Steduto, T.C. Hsiao, and E. Fereres. 2010. Reference manual AquaCrop (Version 3.1). Rome, Italy: Land and Water Development Division. FAO, 89p.
· Salemi, H.R., M.A.M. Soom, S.F. Mousavi, A. Ganji, T.S. Lee, M.K. Yusof, and V.R. Verdinejad. 2011a. Irrigated silage maize yield and water productivity response to deficit irrigation in an arid region. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies. 20(5):1295-1303.
· Salemi, H.R., M.A.M. Soom, T.S. Lee, S.F. Mousavi, A. Ganji, and M.K. Yusoff. 2011b. Application of AquaCrop model in deficit irrigation management of Winter wheat in arid region. African Journal Agricultural Research. 6: 2204-2215.
· Shrestha, N., D. Raes, E. Vanuytrecht, and S.K. Sah. 2013. Cereal yield stabilization in Terai (Nepal) by water and soil fertility management modeling. Agricultural Water Management.
· Sinclair, T.R, and N.G. Seligman. 1996. Crop modeling: From infancy to maturity. Agronomy Journal. 88: 698-704.
· Steduto, P., T.C. Hsiao, D. Raes, and E. Fereres. 2009. AquaCrop. The FAO crop model to predict yield response to water. Agronomy Journal. 101: 426-437.
Todorovic, M., R. Albrizio, L. Zivotic, M.T. Abi Saab, C. Stöckle, and P. Steduto. 2009. Assessment of AquaCrop, CropSyst, and WOFOST models in the simulation of sunflower growth under different water regimes. Agronomy Journal. 101: 509-521.