· Adary, A., A. Hachum, T. Oweis, and M. Pala. 2002. Wheat productivity under supplemental irrigation in Northern Iraq. On-Farm Water Husbandry Research Report Series, No.2. International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), Aleppo, Syria.
· Akhondi, M., A. Safarnejad, and M. Lahooti. 2006. Effect of drought stress on accumulation of proline and elements in Yazdi, Nick Shahri and Ranger alfalfa. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources. 1: 165-175. (In Persian).
· Anonymous. 2016. F.A.O. http://www.fao.org/faostat/en/#data/QC / Yield and area harvested of the sesame seeds in the world and Iran. Food and Agriculture Organization.
· Ashraf, M.Y., A.R. Azim, A.H. Khan, and S.A. Ala. 1994. Effect of water stress on total phenols, peroxidase activity and chlorophyll content in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Acta Physiologia Plantarum. 16: 185-191.
· Azad Shahraky, F., H. Taghavi, and H. Najafi. 2010. Effect of tillage and crop residue management on soil properties and yield of corn in Kerman. Knowledge of Modern Agriculture. 6: 1–9. (In Persian).
· Bussiere, F., and P. Cellier 1994. Modification of the soil temperature and water content regimes by crop residue mulch: experiment and modeling. Agricultural and Forest Meteorologyis. 68: 1–28.
· Carvalho, R.H.R., E.L. Galvao, J.A.C. Barros, M.M. Conceicao, and E.M.B.D. Sousa. 2012. Extraction, fatty acid profile and antioxidant activity of sesame extract (SesamumIndicum L.). Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering. 29(2): 409-420.
· Chowdhury, S., A.K. Datte, A. Saha, and S. Maity. 2009. Radiation induced two oil rich mutants in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2(7): 51-59.
· Dilip, K., M. Ajumdar, and S. Roy. 1991. Response of summer sesame (Sesamum indicum) to irrigation, row spacing and plant population. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 37: 758-762.
· Dionisio-Sese, M.L., and S. Tobita. 1998. Antioxidant responses of rice seedlings to salinity stress. Plant Science. 135: 1–9.
· Dutta, P., K. Jana, P. Bandyopadhyay, and D. Maity. 2000. Response of summer sesame (Sesamum indicum) to irrigation. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 54: 613-616.
· Eskandari, H., S. Zehtab Salmasi, and K. Ghasemi Galazani. 2010. Evaluation of water use efficiency and grain yield of sesame cultivars under different irrigation conditions as second cultivation. Agricultural Knowledge and Sustainable Production. 20(1): 39-51. (In Persian).
· Follows, R.J., and J.S. Boyer. 1996. Structure and activity of chloroplast of sunflower. Leaves having various water potentials. Planta. 132: 229-239.
· Hong, Y., J. Yu, and K. Chai. 1985. Effect of drought stress on major upland crops. Agronomy Journal. 27: 148-155.
· Hudu, A.I., K.N. Futules, and N.A. Gworgwor. 2002. Effect of mulching intensity on the growth and yield of irrigated tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) and weed infestation in semiarid zone of Nigeria. Journal ofSustainable Agriculture. 21(1): 37-48.
· Jain, S., R. Yue-Lioang, L.E. Mei-wang, Y. Ting-Xian, Y. Xiao-Wen, and Z. Hong-Ving. 2010. Effect of drought stress on sesame growth and yield characteristics and comprehensive evaluation of drought tolerance. Chinese Journal of Oil Crops Sciences. 4: 42-48.
· Jorabloo, A., F. Ghoshchi, A. Morteza, and M. Silispoor. 2009. Effect of seedbed preparation and barley residue on corn forage yield and quality. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 1: 44-53. (In Persian).
· Khalafallah, H., and H. Abo-Ghalia. 2008. Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on the metabolic products and activity of antioxidant system in wheat plants subjected to short-term water stress followed by recovery at different growth stages. Journal of Applied Sciences Research. 4(5): 559-569.
· Kochaki, A., A. Gholami, M. Mahdavi Damghani, and L. Tabrizi. 2007. Principles of biological agriculture (organic). Ferdowsi University Press, Mashhad. 385 pp. (In Persian).
· Koutroubas, S.D., D.K. Papakosta, and A. Doitsinis. 2000. Water requirments for castor oil crop (Ricinnus communis L.) in a mediterranean climate. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science. 14: 33-41.
· Lichtenthaler, H.K. 1987. Chlorophlls and carotenoids: pigments of photosynthetic biomembranes. Methods in Enzymolgy. 148: 350-382.
· Mahdipour Afra, R., and H. Irannejad. 2014. Effect of polyethylene and organic mulches at different intervals of irrigation on oil content and type of fatty acids in sunflower. Journal of Water Research in Agriculture. 20(1): 129-136. (In Persian).
· Mahdipour Afra, R., R. Amiri, and H. Irannejad. 2012. Effect of polyethylene and organic mulches at different irrigation intervals on morphological characteristics and yield of sunflower seeds (Helianthus annus L.). Agroecology. 3: 246-254. (In Persian).
· Mardani, H., H. Bayat, and M. Azizi. 2011. Effect of salicylic acid spraying on morphological and physiological characteristics of cucumber seedlings under drought stress conditions. Journal of Horticulture. 25(3): 320-326.
· Mensah, J.K, B. Obasami, P. Eruotor, and F. Onomerieguna. 2006. Simulated flooding and drought effects on germination, growth and yield parameters of sesame (Sesamum indicum). African Journal of Biotechnology. 5: 1249-1253.
· Movahedi Naeni, S.A.R., and H.F. Cook 2000. Influence of compost amendment on soil water and evaporation, commun. Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 31(19/20): 3147–3161.
· Murty, G.S.A., and C.R. Bhatia. 1990. Effect of recurring water stress on growth, yield and other agronomic characters in sesame. Sesame and Safflower Newsletter. 5: 4-10.
· Opitz, K. 1948. Uber den einfluß von brachehaltung und boden bedeckung mit stroh auf den temperaturgang in 30 cm bodentiefe. Z. Pflanzenern.,Dungung, Bodenkunde. 41: 213-222.
· Rathore, A.L., A.R. Pal, and K.K. Sahu. 1998. Tillage and mulching effects on water use, root growth, and yield of rainfed mustard and chickpea grown after lowland rice. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 78: 149-161.
· Rezvani Moghadam, P., Gh. Norouzpour, J. Nabati, and A. Mohammadabadi. 2005. Evaluation of morphological characteristics, grain yield and sesame oil at different plant densities and irrigation intervals. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 3(1): 57-68. (In Persian).
· Sadeghipour, O. 2008. Effect of withholding irrigation at different growth stages on yield and yield components of mungbean (Vigna radiate L. wilczek) varieties. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Science. 4(5): 590– 594.
· Shiranirad, A.H., M. Naeimi, and Sh. Nasresfahani. 2010. Evaluation of terminal drought stress tolerance in spring and winter rapeseed genotypes. Iranian Journal of Crop Science. 12(2): 112-126. (In Persian).
· Unger, P.W. 1986. Wheat residue management effects on soil water storage and corn production. Soil Science Society of America Journal.50: 764-770.
· Vafabakhsh, J., M. Nasiri Mahalati, and A. Kochaki. 2008. Effect of drought stress on yield and efficiency of light consumption in canola cultivars. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 6: 193-208. (In Persian).
· Weatherley, P.E. 1950. Studies in water relations of cotton plants I, the field measurement of water deficit in leaves. New Phytologist. 49: 81-87.
Xiloyannis, C., B. Dichio, V. Nuzzo, and G. Celano. 1999. Defense strategies of olive against water stress. Acta Horticulturae. 474: 423-426.