· Akehurst, B.C. 1981. Tobacco. Second edition. Tropical Agricultural Series, Longman Inc, New York.
· Anon. 2001. The determination of site specific and effective sowing and transplanting dates for Burley tobacco by utilizing crop weather models, Annual Report. P.63-67.
· Anonymous. 2010. Determination of reducing carbohydrates in tobacco by continuous flow analysis. Coresta Recommended Methods. N 38. www.coresta.org
· Anonymous. 2010. Determination of total alkaloids (as nicotine) in tobacco by continuous flow analysis. Coresta Recommended Methods. N 35. www.coresta.org
· Borges, A., R. Morejón, A. Izquierdo, E. Ortega, and R. Rodes. 2012. Nitrogen fertilization for optimizing the quality and yield of shade grown Cuban cigar tobacco: required nitrogen amounts, application schedules, adequate leaf nitrogen levels, and early season diagnostic tests. Beiträge zur Tabakforschung/ Contributions to Tobacco Research. 25(1): 336-349.
· Castelli, F., E. Ceotto, and R. Contillo. 2011. Reduced N supply limits the nitrate content of flue-cured tobacco. Agronomy for Sustainable Development. 31:329–335.
· De Roton, C., J. Tancogne, and R. Bazin. 1997. Effect of maturity on the leaf characteristics of flue-cured varieties K326. ITB 31612. In CORESTA Congress, Agro-Photo Groups. Vol. 3. Montreux.
· Fischer S., B. Spiegelhalder, and R. Preussmann. 1989. Preformed tobacco specific nitrosamines in tobacco - role of nitrate and influence of tobacco type. Carcinogenesis. 10: 1511–1517.
· Gholizadeh, R., N. Mohammadian, S.M. Roshan Sadeghi, and H. Dorodian. 2012. Annals of Biological Research. 3(11): 5323-5349. (In Persian).
· Guang, Sh.H., Y. Wenjun, Ch. Weimin, L. Jianjun, Zh. Hua, Z. Jun, and W. Wang. 2010. Effects of SPAD value-based field nitrogen management on yield, quality and nitrogen fertilizer utilization of flue-cured tobacco. Tobacco Science and Technology. 3: 51-55
· Haghighi, H., M. Sam Daliri, H.R. Mobaser, and A. Moosavi. 2011. Effect of different nitrogen and potassium fertilizer levels on quality and quantity yield of flue-cured tobacco (Coker 347). World Applied Sciences Journal. 15(7): 941-946. (In Persian).
· Hawks, S.N. 1970. Principles of flue-cured tobacco production. Second Edition. Research Bulletin No: 427.
· Hawks, S.N., and W.K. Collins. 1983. Principles of flue-cured tobacco production. 1st Edition, N.C. State University, Raleigh, NC, USA.
· Hoffmann, D., and S.S. Hecht. 1985. Nicotine-derived N-Nitrosamines and tobacco-related cancer: current status and future directions. Cancer Res. 45: 935–944.
· Hoffmann, D., M.V. Djordjevic, and I. Hoffmann. 1997. The changing cigarette. Preventive Medicine. 26: 427–434.
· Hosseinzadeh Fashalami, N., Z. Shahadati moghaddam, Gh. Kiani, M.R. Salavati, P. Zamani, A.R. Mahdavi, and R. Alinejad. 2008. Investigation of genetic diversity among different oriental tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) varieties using multivariate methods. Journal of Crop Breeding. 7(15): 126-134. (In Persian)
· Jiao, F.C., B.G. Xiazo, H.Q. Yu, Y.H. Zhang, and X.P. LU. 2007. Gray correlation analysis on the main agronomic characters and yield of the flue-cured tobacco. Journal of Hunan Agricultural University (Natural Sciences). 5: 564-567
· Juśko, A.K., and B. Kościk. 2002. Possible use of the chlorophyll meter (SPAD-502) for evaluating nitrogen nutrition of the virginia tobacco. Electronic Journal of Polish Agricultural Universities. Agronomy volume 5 issue 1. Available online http://www.ejpau.media.pl.
· Kim, Y.K., and J.S. Hong. 1984. Effect of different transplanting times on yield, and polyphenol composition and content in burley tobacco. Tobacco Science. 6: 13-18.
· Li, F.L.Zh., J. Chun, J. Wang, L. Liu, T. Yang, C. Shi Jin-lin, and X. Wei. 2009. Diagnosis of nitrogen nutrition of flue-cured tobacco with chlorophyll meter. Acta Metallurgica Sinica. 13(1): 136- 142.
· Li, W., S. Chen, W. Zeng, R. Jiang, C. Li, and F. Zhang. 2008. Relationship of nitrogen rates and nitrogen nutrition of flue-cured tobacco. Chinese Tobacco Science. 4: 008
· Liu, Y., and M. Fan. 2012. Application feasibility of SPAD-502 in diagnosis of potato nitrogen nutrient status. Chinese Potato Journal. 26(1): 45-48
· Lu, X.X., and J.L. Shi. 2010. Dynamic changes of chlorophyll content during growth of flue-cured tobacco fields. Southwest China Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 23. 2: 368-370
· MacKown, C.T., and T.G. Sutton. 1998. Using early-season leaf traits to predict nitrogen sufficiency of burley tobacco. Agronomy Journal. 90(1): 21-27.
· Moustakas, N.K., and H. Ntzanis. 2005. Dry matter accumulation and nutrient uptake in flue-cured tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.). Field Crops Research. 94: 1–13.
· Nielsen, M.T., and D.L. Davis. 1999. Tobacco: production, chemistry, and technology. Blackwell Publishing Ltd., Oxford, UK. 467 p.
· North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. 2013. Flue-cured tobacco guide. Published by North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. 214 pp.
· Reed, D., S. Johnson, J. Semtner, and A. Wilkinson. 2012. Flue-cured tobacco production guide. Virginia Bright Flue-Cured Tobacco Board.
· Sazgar, P., and S. Ghaffarian. 1994. Effect of fertilizer on increasing the quantity and quality of tobacco. (Translation). Tirtash Tobacco Research Institute. (In Persian).
· Soltani, A. 2010. Re- consideration of application of statistical. Publications Jahad University of Mashhad. (In Persian).
· Walch-Liu, P., G. Neumann, F. Bangerth, and C. Engles. 2000. Rapid effects of nitrogen form on leaf morphogenesis in tobacco. Journal of Experimental Botany, 51(343): 227-237.
· Xu, Z.L., Y.M. Yang, X.P. Lu, and J. Cui. 2010. Changing characteristics of chlorophyll SPAD value in different flue-cured tobacco cultivars. Journal of Hunan Agricultural University. 5: 499-501
· Yamamoto, A., T. Nakamura, J.J. Adu-Gyamfi, and M. Saigusa. 2002. Relationship between chlorophyll content in leaves of sorghum and pigeonpea determined by extraction method and by chlorophyll meter (SPAD-502). Journal of Plant Nutrition. 25(10): 2295-2301.
· Yin-shui, L., Y.U. Chang-bing, L.I.A.O. Xing, H.U. Xiao-jia, X.I.E. Li-hua, Z.H.A.N.G. Shu-jie, C.H.E. Zhi, L.I.A.O. Xiang-sheng, and L.U. Jian-wei. 2012. Applicability of three rapid methods of nitrogen nutrition diagnosis on rapeseed. Chinese Journal of Oil Crop Sciences. 34(5): 508-513.
· Zhu, J., B.P. Xiao, X.P. Lu, Y.F. Bai, and Y.P. Li. 2006. Genetic and correlation analysis for agronomic traits in flue-cured tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.). College of Agriculture and Biotechnology.Yi Chuan Hereditas. 28(3): 317-323.