عنوان مقاله [English]
Guar is a tropical, salt and drought tolerant plant. To assess the effect of salicylic acid on its morphological and agronomical traits under different irrigation intervals, a split plot experiment based on randomized complete block design with four replicates was performed in Galeh-Gang region in Kerman province, Iran. Three different irrigations with 6, 9 and 12 day intervals, assigned to main plots and four salicylic acid concentrations (0, 0.5, 1 and 2 mM) to sub plots. Salicylic acid spraying was done three times at five leaf, flowering and podding stages. The results indicated that most of the morphologic and agronomic characters of guar were influenced under different irrigation intervals. Leaf area index, number of pods per plants and number of seeds per pod were decreased when drought stress occured. Spraying plants with salicylic acid increased almost all characters under study. While, the highest number of pods per plant, seeds per pod were obtained at 2 mM and leaf area index at 1 mM salicylic acid treatments. Irrigation interval by salicylic acid interaction was significant for specific leaf area, 1000 seed weight, seed protein content and seed yield. The highest seed yield (1245.25 kg.ha-1) was belonged to the irrigation of 6 day interval and 1 mM acid salicylic treatment. As a whole it can be concluded that use of 1 mM salicylic acid treatment might increase drought tolerance of guar and prevent yield reduction during drought stress.
· Akhtar, L.H., S. Bukhari, S. Salah-ud-Din, and R. Minhas. 2012. Response of new guar strains to various row spacings. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Science. 49(4): 469-471.
· Amiri, A., S.R. Parsa, M. Nezami, and A. Ganjeali, 2011. The effects of droght stress at different phonological stages on growth indices of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in greenhouse condition. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 1:69-84. (In Persian(.
· Bagheri, A., and Z. Mohamadali pour. 2011. The effect of salicylic acid on growth, yield components in (Glycin max L.) under salinity stress. Journal of Plant Ecophysiology. 29-41. (In Persian(.
· Dolatmand shahri, N., and M. Haghshenas. 2017. Effects of diferent amounts of soil moisture in diferent salicylic acid levels on enzymes activity and morpholophysiological characteristics of alfaalfa. Crop Physiology Journal. 9: 99-118. (In Persian(.
· Emam, Y., A. Heydari, E. Bizhanzadeh, and R. Naderi, 2015. Effect of late season drought tension and salicylic acid on grain yield and canopy temperature of two rapeseed cultivars. Crop Physiology Journal. 7: 37-53. (In Persian(.
· Eraslan, F.A., A. Gunes, and M. Alpaslan, 2007. Impact of exogenous salicylic acid on growth, antioxidant activity and physiology of carrot plants subjected to combined salinity and boron toxicity. Scientia Horticulturae. 113: 120–128.
· Farahbakhsh, H., and F. Salarpour Gharba. 2014. Effect of drought stress and salicylic acid on physical and physiological properties of the plant. Journal of Crops Improvement. 13: 778 – 794. (In Persian(.
· Farooq, M., S.M.A. Basra, A. Wahid, N. Ahmad, and B.A. Saleem. 2009. Improving the drought tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) by exogenous application of salicylic acid. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science. 195: 237–246.
· Grover, K., S. Singla, S. Angadi, S. Begna, B. Schutte, and D. Leeuwen. 2016. Growth and yield of guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba L.) genotypes under different planting dates in the semi-arid southern high plains. American Journal of Plant Sciences. 7: 1246-1258.
· Hema, Y., and A. Shalendra. 2014. an analysis of performance of guar crop in india., guar cultivation practices p:17-31 Prepared by CCS National Institute of Agricultural Marketing and Jaipur for United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), New Delhi
· Kordi, S., M. Marsafari, Z. Tahmasebi, Gh. Shahkarami, L. Gerami, A.A. Taghizadeh, and F. Ghanbari. 2016. Effect of foliar application of zinc on yield, grain and straw protein of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) under water deficit stress in Ilam weather conditions. Agronomy Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi). 111: 115-124. (In Persian(.
· Li, Y.P., W. Ye, M. Wang, and X.D. Yan. 2009. Climate change and drought: a risk assessment of cropyield impacts. Climate Research. 39: 31-46.
· Lopez, F.B., T.L. Setter, and C.R. Mc David. 1998. Photosynthesis and water vapor exchange of pigeon pea leaves in response to water deficit and recovery. Crop Science. 28:141-145.
· Modarres-Sanavy, S.A.M., and H. Keshavarz. 2014. Effect of salicylic acid on chlorophyll, some growth characteristics and yield of two canola cultivars. Journal of Crop Production. 7: 161-171. (In Persian(
· Nezhad, T.S., H.R. Mobasser, M. Dahmardeh, and M. Karimian, 2014. Effect of foliarapplication of salicylic acid and drought stress on quantitative yield of mung bean (Vigna radiate L.). Journal of Novel Applied Science. 3: 512-515.(In Persian(.
· Rezaei Chianeh, I., and A. Pirzad, 2013. Effect of salicylic acid on yield, yield components and essential oil of Nigella sativa L. under low water stress conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 12: 427-437. (In Persian(.
· Rezaeyan Zadeh, E., M. Parsa, A. Ganjali, and A. Nezami. 2011. Responses of yield and yield components of chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinum L.) to supplemental irrigation in different phenology stages. Journal of Water and Soil. 25 :1080-1095. (In Persian(.
· Roozbehani, A., and M. Shouqian. 2017. Salicylic acid spraying on morpho physiological traits, yield and yield components red beans under drought stress. Crop Physiology Journal. 34 :131-147. (In Persian(.
· Sajedi, N.A., and F. Rajali. 2011. Effects of drought stress, zinc application and mycorrhizal inoculation on uptake of micronutrients in Maize. Iranian Journal of Soil Research. 25: 83-92. (In Persian).
· Sartip, S., and A.R. Sirousmehr. 2017. Evaluation of salicylic acid effects on growth, yield and some biochemical characteristics of cumin (Cuminum cyminum L.) under three irrigation regimes. Environmental Stresses in Crop Sciences. 10: 548-558. (In Persian(.
· Senaratna, T., D. Touchell, E. Bunn, and K. Dixon. 2000. Acetyl salicylic acid (Aspirin) and salicylic acid inducemultiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulation. 30:157-161.
· Shekari, F., M. Azhdar afshari, K. Afsahi, and R. Azim khani. 2016. Effect of salicylic acid foliar application on dry weight, harvest index, yield and yield components of blubbery beans under dehydrated stress. Journal of Environmental Stresses in Agronomic Sciences. 9: 51-58. (In Persian(.
· Tesfye, K., S. Walke, and M. Tsubo, 2006. Radintion interception and radiation use efficiency of three gran legumes under water deficit conditions in semi-arid conditions. Journal of Agronomy. 25:60-70.
· Turk, K.J., A.E. Hall, and C.W. Asbell. 1980. Drought adaptation of cowpea. 1. Influence of drought on seed yield. Agronomy Journal. 72: 413-420.
Zarei, Z., G. Daneshian, and A. Khorgami. 2016. The effect of zinc and salicylic acid on the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of soybeans Dehydration conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 14: 723-734. (In Persian(.