عنوان مقاله [English]
To study the effect of planting dates on yields, yield components and protein contents of seeds of millet varieties in Birjand region, an experiment was carried out as a split-plot based on randomized complete block design with three replications at the Research Field of Islamic Azad University, Birjand Branch, Birjand, Iran, in 2013. Planting dates with three levels (May 12rd, June 2nd and June 23rd) were assigned to main plots and millet varieties with 5 levels (Bastan, Chomaki, Pishahank, White Gavars and Yellow Gavars), to sub-plot was. The results of variance analysis showed that the effect of planting date× variety interaction significantly affected tiller number per plant, seed number per panicle, number of days to physiological maturity, seed yield, biological yield, harvest index and protein yield. Means comparison of simple effects showed that the highest of panicle number per m2 (736.97) obtained at planting date of June 2nd and highest 1000-seed weight (3 g) obtained at planting date of June 23rd. Also, the highest number of panicles per m2 (742.2) belonged to White Gavars and highest 1000-seed weight (4.2 g) to related to Pishahang varieties, respectively. Means comparison of simple effect showed that the highest seed and protein yields (323.2 and 37.1 g.m2) were obtained from Chomaki variety at planting date of June 2nd respectively, but the highest biological yield (1207.2 g.m2)belonged to Yellow Gavars variety at planting date of May 12rd. As a whole, results of this research showed that planting date of Jane 2nd for Chomaki variety and planting date of June 23rd for Yellow Gavars variety were found to be proper planting dates to grow these two varieties in Birjand.
· Bashir, M.M.H., S.O. Yagoub, and S.A. Ahmed Mohammed. 2015. Effect of different sowing dates on growth and yield of three pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum L.) cultivars in west Darfur Sudan. International Journal of Plant and Soil Science. 5(4): 191-200.
· Dera, J., L.T. Mpofu, and B. Tavirimirwa. 2014. Response of pearl millet varieties to different dates of sowing at Makoholi and Kadoma Research Stations, Zimbabwe. Academia Journal of Agricultural Research. 2(4): 110-113.
· Eshraghi, N.M., B. Kamkar, and A. Soltani. 2011. The effect of sowing date on yield of millet varieties by influencing phonological periods duration. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 4(2): 169-188. (In Persian).
· Farnia, A., K. Karimi, and A. Jalilian. 2011. Effect of planting date on yield and important traits of grain corn varieties in Kermanshah province. Proceedings of 1th National Conference of New Subjects in Agriculture. Saveh, Iran. (In Persian).
· Gueye, M., G. Kanfany, A. Fofana, M. Gueye, K. Noba, and J.H. Grove. 2015. Effect of planting date on growth and grain yield of fonio millet (Digitaria exilis Stapf) in the Southeast of Senegal. International Journal Biological and Chemical Sciences. 9(2): 581-592.
· Ibrahim, Y.M., V. Marcarian, and A.K. Dobrenz. 1995. Pearl millet response to different irrigation water stress: II. Porometer parameters, photosynthesis and water use efficiency. Emirates Journal of Agricultural Science. 7: 20-38.
· Jan, A., I. Khan, S.A. Amanullah, and A. Sohail. 2015. Sowing dates and sowing methods influenced on growth yield and yield components of pearl millet under rainfied conditions. Journal of Environment and Earth Science. 5(1): 105-109.
· Javadi, H., M.H. Rashed Mohasel, G. Zamani, A. Azari Nasrabad, and G.R. Moosavi. 2005. Evaluation of plant density on yield, yield components and protein percent of grain sorghum varieties. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 3(2): 233-243. (In Persian).
· Kamkar, B., A.R. Koocheki, M. Nassiri Mahallati, and P. Rezvani Moghaddam. 2006. Cardinal temperature for germination in three millet species (Panicum miliaceum, Pennisetum glaucum and Setaria italica). Asian Journal Plant Sciences. 5: 316-319.
· Mohamed Ali, S.A., K.I. Adam, A.H. Bahar, and T.A. Hassan. 2013. Effect of sowing date and variety on growth and yield of pearl millet (Pennisetum Glaucum l.) grown on two soil types under rain-fed condition at Zalingei area in Sudan. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology. 3(4): 340-344.
· Nour Mohamadi, G., A. Siadat, and A. Kashani. 2007. Agronomy cereal crops. Shahid Chamran Ahwaz; Publications. pp 446. (In Persian).
· Netam, R.S., R.K.S. Tiwari, A.N. Bahadur, D.P. Singh, and D.P. Patel. 2014. Effect of sowing dates and meteorological factors on the development of blast disease in finger millet crop. American International Journal of Research in Formal, Applied and Natural Sciences. 5(1): 1-5.
· Obeng, E., E. Cebert, B.P. Singh, R. Ward, M.L. Nyochembeng, and D.A. Mays. 2012. Growth and grain yield of pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum) genotypes at different levels of nitrogen fertilization in the southeastern United States. Journal of Agricultural Science. 4(12): 155-166.
· Oneill, P.M., J.F. Shanahan, and J.S. Schepers. 2006. Use of chlorophyll fluorescence assessments to differentiate corn hybrid response to variable water conditions. Crop Science. 46(2): 681-687.
· Rafiei, M. 2008. Effect of planting date on yield of some rice cultivars in Khorramabad condition. Seed and Plant Journal. 24(2): 252-263. (In Persian).
· Safari, M., M. Aghaalikhani, and A.M. Modares Sanavy. 2010. Effect of sowing date on yield and yield components of three grain sorghum cultivars. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 8(4): 577-586. (In Persian).
· Salamat, N. 2009. Effect of planting date on yield and yield components of wheat varieties. Crop Physiology Journal. 3: 8-17. (In Persian).
· Seghatoleslami, M.J., M. Kafi, E. Majidi, F. Darvish, and G. Noormohammadi. 2005. Effect of deficit irrigation on yield and water use efficiency of three millets species. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 4: 121-131. (In Persian).
· Shinggu, C.P., and M. Gani. 2012. Effects of planting methods, sowing dates and spacing on weed and the productivity of finger millet (Eleusine corocana) in the northern guinea savanna of Nigeria. Global Journal of Bio-Science and Biotechnology. 1(2): 160-162.
· Shoshi Desfoli, A.A., and A. Mehrani, 2010. Study of coefficient relationships between yield and its components in millet varieties. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 41(2): 413-421. (In Persian).
· van Oosterom, E.J., P.S. Carberry, J.N.G. Hargreaves, and G.J. O’Leary. 2001. Simulating growth, development and yield of tillering in pearl millet. II. Simulation of canopy development. Field Crop Research. 72: 67-91.