· Abbasi, S. 2013. The effects of mulching and irrigation on some morpho-physiological traits and yield of beans. MS.c. Thesis. University of Tabriz. (In Persian).
· Afshari Behbahanizadeh, S., G.A. Akbari, M. Shahbazi, and I. Alahdadi. 2014. Measuring leaf temperature and stomatal conductance to evaluate leaf water content in barley cultivars under terminal drought stress. International Journal of Biosciences. 4(1): 298-305.
· Ahmad, M.D., H. Turral, I. Masih, M. Giordano, and Z. Masood. 2007. Water saving technologies: myths and realities revealed in Pakistan’s rice–wheat system. International Water Management Institute (IWMI). Colombo, Sri-Lanka.
· Al-Masoum, A.A., A.A. Hashim, and K. Jafer. 1998. Effect of two mulch types for solarization on soil temperature. Agriculture Mechanization in Asia, Africa and America.29(4): 73-75.
· Amini, R., and M. Alami-Milani. 2013. Effect of mulching on soil, canopy and leaf temperature of lentil (Lens culinaris Medick.). International Journal of Farming and Allied Sciences. 2(20): 797-802.
· Aranjuelo, I., G. Molero, G. Erice, J.C. Avice, and S. Nogués. 2011. Plant physiology and proteomics reveals the events of leaf response to drought in alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.). Journal of Experimental Botany. 62(1): 111-123.
· Bu, L.D., J.L. Liu, L. Zhu, S.S. Luo, X.P. Chen, S.Q. Li, R. L. Hill, and Y. Zhao. 2013. The effects of mulching on maize growth, yield and water use in a semi-arid region. Agricultural Water Management. 123: 71-78.
· Chakraborty, D., S. Nagarajan, P. Aggarwal, V.K. Gupta, R.K. Tomar, R.N. Garg, R.N. Sahoo, A. Sarkar, U.K. Chopra, K.S. Sundara Sarma, and N. Kalrap. 2008. Effect of mulching on soil and plant water status, and the growth and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in a semi-arid environment. Agricultural Water Management. 95(12): 1323-1334.
· English, M.J., L. James, and C. Chen. 1990. Deficit irrigation. II: Observation in Columbia basin. ASCE, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 116(3): 413-426.
· Fereres, E., and Soriano, M.A. 2007. Deficit irrigation for reducing agricultural water use. Journal of Experimental Botany. 58(2): 147-159.
· Gaturuku, J.K., D.K. Isutsa, and J.N. Aguyoh. 2012. Irrigation rate and mulch type significantly affect some physiological processes of purple passion fruit (Passiflora edulis f. edulis Sims.) under drought stress. International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research. 2(1): 46-52.
· Gouin, F.R. 1983. Over mulching: A national plague. Weeds, Trees and Turf. 22(9): 22-23.
· Greenly, K.M., and D.A. Rakow. 1995. The effect of wood mulch type and depth on weed and tree growth and certain soil parameters. Journal of Arboriculture. 21: 225-232.
· Gur, K., M. Zengin, and R. Uyanoz. 1997. Importance of pumice in agriculture and environment. Proceeding of the I. Isparta Pumice Symposium. Isparta, Turkey. June 26-28, 125-132.
· Hirich, A., R. Ragab, R. Choukr-Allah, and A. Rami. 2013. The effect of deficit irrigation with treated wastewater on sweet corn: experimental and modelling study using SALTMED model. Irrigation Science. 32(3): 205-219.
· Kadayifci, A., G.T. Tuylu, Y. Ucar, and B. Cakmak. 2005. Crop water use of onion (Allium cepa
L.) in Turkey. Agricultural Water Management
. 72(1): 59-68.
· Kirnak, H., and M.N. Demirtas. 2006. Effects of different irrigation regimes and mulches on yield and macronutrition levels of drip-irrigated cucumber under open field conditions. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 29(9): 1675-1690.
· Kirnak, H., C. Kaya, D. Higgs, and I. Tas. 2003. Responses of drip irrigated bell pepper to water stress and different nitrogen levels with or without mulch cover. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 26(2): 263-277.
· Kumar, R., S. Sood, S. Sharma, R.C. Kasana, V.L. Pathania, B. Singh, and R.D. Singh. 2014. Effect of plant spacing and organic mulch on growth, yield and quality of natural sweetener plant Stevia and soil fertility in western Himalayas. International Journal of Plant Production. 8 (3): 311- 333.
· Lopes, M.S., and M.P. Reynolds. 2010. Partitioning of assimilates to deeper roots is associated with cooler canopies and increased yield under drought in wheat. Functional Plant Biology.37(2): 147-156.
· Mahmoodian, M., M. Esmaeilzadeh Moghaddam, and M. Nasri. 2011. Response of canopy, leaf chlorophyll content, stomatal conductance and yield in wheat cultivars to drought stress. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 3(2): 144-158. (In Persian).
· Nakawuka, P., T.R. Peters, K.R. Gallardo, D. Toro-Gonzalez, R.O. Okwany, and D.B. Walsh. 2014. Effect of deficit irrigation on yield, quality, and costs of the production of native spearmint. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 140(5): 1-9.
· Rad, M.H. 1997. Effects of soil covering materials to reduce the amount of water used in the establishment of Haloxylon in the deserts of clay. Journal of Research and Development. 37(10): 71-76. (In Persian).
· Rafahi, H.G. 1999. Water erosion and conservation. Tehran University Press. 671 pp. (In Persian)
· Sadeghian, N., M.R. Neyshabouri, A.A. Jafarzadeh, and M. Torchi. 2006. A study of three amendment effects on surface soil physical properties. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Journal of Agriculture). 37(2): 341-351. (In Persian).
· Sahin, U., and O. Anapail. 2006. Addition of pumice affects physical properties of soil used for container grown plants. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus. 71(2): 59-64.
· Schneider, A.D., and T.A. Howel. 2001. Scheduling deficit irrigation with data from an evapotranspiration network. Transaction of the ASAE. 44(6): 1617-1623.
· Sekhon, N.K., G.S. Hira, A.S. Sidhu, and S.S. Thind. 2005. Response of soyabean (Glycine max Mer.) to wheat straw mulching in different cropping seasons. Soil Use and Management. 21(4): 422-426.
· Seyed Dorraji, S., A. Golchin, and S. Ahmadi. 2010. The effects of different levels of a superabsorbent polymer and soil salinity on water holding capacity with three textures of sandy, loamy and clay. Journal of Water and Soil. 24(2): 306-314. (In Persian).
· Singh, B., E. Humphreys, P.L. Eberbach, A. Katupitiya, Y. Singh, and S.S. Kukal. 2011. Growth, yield and water productivity of zero till wheat as affected by rice straw mulch and irrigation schedule. Field Crops Research. 121: 209-225.
· Torabi, A., H. Farahbakhsh, and G. Khajoienejad. 2014. Effect of different irrigation regimes and zeolit super absorbent on the yield and yield components of forage sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.). Crops Improvement. 15(3): 1-14. (In Persian).
· Xue, Q., Z. Zhu, J.T. Musick, B.A. Stewart, and D.A. Dusek. 2006. Physiological mechanisms contributing to the increased water-use efficiency in winter wheat under deficit irrigation. Journal of Plant Physiology. 163(2): 154-164.
· Zabihi, F., M.R. Neyshabouri, and M.R. Dalalian. 2013. Effects of polyacrylamide, pumice and municipal compost on some physical and chemical characteristics of a saline-sodic clay soil. Water and Soil Science. 23(3): 79-92. (In Persian).
· Zade Bagheri, M., F. Ale Boali, H. Sadeghi, and S. Javanmardi. 2015. The effect of distant irrigation on ionic changes, relative water content, prolin level, and some general characteristics of petunia. Journal of Horticulture Science. 28(3): 347-359. (In Persian).
Zhao, Y., H. Pang, J. Wang, L. Huo, and Y. Li. 2014. Effects of straw mulch and buried straw on soil moisture and salinity in relation to sunflower growth and yield. Field Crops Research. 161: 16-25.