Ak, Ş., and D.M. Lösel. 2006. Plant water-stress response mechanisms.Published by Intech.
· Anjum, F., M. Yaseen, E. Rasool, A. Wahid, and S. Anjum. 2003. Water stress in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) II. Effect on chemical composition and chlorophyll contents. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Science. 40(1-2): 41-49.
· Arnon, A.N. 1967. Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy Journal. 23: 112-121.
· Askari, M., V.R. Saffari, and A.A. Maghsoudi Mood. 2014. Study of some physiological characteristics and yield of corn hybrids (Zea mays L.) under salinity stress conditions. Journal of Production and Processing of Crop and Gardening. 3(9): 93-103 (In Persian).
· Chéour, F., I. Kaddachi, D. Achouri, S. Bannour, and L. Zorgui, 2014. Effects of water stress on relative water, chlorophylls and proline contents in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) leaves. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. 7(6): 13-16.
· Desuloux, D., T.T. Huynh, and P. Roumet. 2000. Identification of soybean plant characteristics that indicate the timing of drought stress. Crop Science. 40: 716-722.
· Ebreu, M.E., and S. Munné-Bosch. 2008. Salicylic acid may be involved in the regulation of drought-induced leaf senescence in perennials: A case study in field-grown Salvia officinalis L. plants. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 64: 105-112.
· Eraslan, F., A. Inal, A. Gunes, and M. Alpaslan. 2007. Impact of exogenous salicylic acid on the growth, antioxidant activity, and physiology of carrot plants subjected to combined salinity and boron toxicity. Scientia Horticulture. 113: 120-128.
· Ergen, N.Z., and H. Budak, 2009. Sequencing over 13000 expressed sequence tags fromsix subtractive cDNA libraries of wild and modern wheats following slow drought stress. Plant, Cell and Environment. 32(3): 220–236.
· Eshghizade, H.R., and P. Ehsanzadeh, 2009. Maize hybrids performance under differing irrigation regimes: 1-chlorophyll fluorescence, growth, and grain yield. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science. 32: 60- 87.
· Fariduddin, Q., S. Hayat, and A. Ahmad. 2003. Salicylic acid influences net photosynthetic rate, carboxylation efficiency, nitrate reductase activity, and seed yield in Brassica juncea. Photosynthetica. 41: 281–284.
· Farooq, M., S.M. Basra, A. Wahid, N. Ahmad, and B.A. Saleem. 2009. Improving the drought tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) by exogenous application of salicylic acid. Journal of Aronomy and Crop Science. 195: 237–246.
· Fatma, F., A. Kamal, and A. Srivastava. 2018. Exogenous application of salicylic acid mitigates the toxic effect of pesticides in (Vigna radiata L .) wilczek. Journal Plant Growth Regulation. 37(4): 1185-1194
· Fried, H.G., S. NarayananI, and B. Fallen. 2019. Evaluation of soybean (Glycine max L. Merr.) genotypes for yield, water use efficiency, and root traits. Plos one. 14(2). e0212700. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0212700
· Havaux, M., F. Eymery, S. Porfirova, P. Rey, and P. Dormann, 2005. Vitamin E protects against photoinhibition and photooxidative stress in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 17: 3451-3469.
· Hayat, Q., S. Hayat, M. Ifran, and A. Ahmad. 2010. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid under changing environment: a review. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 68: 14-25.
· Hussain, M., M.A. Malik, M. Farooq, M.B. Khan, M. Akram, and M.F. Saleem. 2009. Exogenous glycine betaine and salicylic acid application improves water relations, allometry and quality of hybrid sunflower under water deficit conditions. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science. 195: 98–109.
· Idrees, M., M.M.A. Khan, M. Naeem, T. Aftab, N. Hashmi, and M. Alam, 2011. Modulation of defence responses by improving photosynthetic activity, antioxidative metabolism, and vincristine and vinblastine accumulation in Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don through salicylic acid under water stress. Russian Agricultural Sciences. 37: 474-482.
· Khan, A., V. Sovero, and D. Gemenet. 2016. Genome-assisted breeding for drought resistance. Curr Genomics. 17: 330–342.
· Lawlor, D.W., and G. Cornic. 2002. Photosynthetic carbon assimilation and associated metabolism in relation to water deficits in higher plants affected by N fertilization. Agronomy Journal. 73: 583-587.
· Lu, C., and J. Zhang. 2000. Photosynthetic CO2 assimilation, chlorophyll fluorescence and photoinhibition as affected by nitrogen deficiency in maize plants. Plant Science. 151(2): 135-143.
· Manzoor, K., N. Ilyas, N. Batool, B. Ahmad, and M. Arshad. 2015. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth and physiological characteristics of maize under stress conditions. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan. 37(03): 588-593.
· Moaveni, P. 2011. Effect of water deficit stress on some physiological traits of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Agricultural Science Research Journal. 1(1): 64-68.
· Mohammadian, R., H. Rahimian, M. Moghaddam, and S.Y. Sadeghian. 2003. Effect of early drought stress on sugar beets chlorophyll fluorescence. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science. 6(20): 1763-1769.
· Moharekar, S.T., S.D. Lokhande, T. Hara, R. Tanaka, A. Tanaka, and P.D Chavan. 2003. Effects of salicylic acid on chlorophyll and carotenoid contents on wheat and moong seedlings. Photosynthetica. 41: 315-317.
· Morris, K., S.A. Mc Kerness, T. Page, C.F. John, A.M. Murphy, J.P. Carr, and V. Buchanan-Wollaston. 2000. Salicylic acid has a role in regulating gene expression during leaf senescence. Plant Journal. 23: 677-685.
· Nass, H.G. 1973. Determination of characters for yield selection in spring wheat. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 53: 755-782.
· Paknejad, F., M. Nasri, H.R.T. Moghadam, H. Zahedi, and M.J. Alahmadi. 2007. Effects of drought stress on chlorophyll fluorescence parameters, chlorophyll content and grain yield of wheat genotypes. Journal of Biological Sciences. 7(6): 841-847.
· Paye, W.A. 2000. Water relations of sparse conopied crops. Agronomy Journal. 92: 807-814.
· Ramya, P., P.S. Gyanendra, and J. Neelu. 2016. Effect of recurrent selection on drought tolerance and related morpho-physiological traits in bread wheat. Plos One. 11: 1–17.
· Siddiqui, M.H., M.Y. Al-Khaishany, and M.A. Al-qutami. 2015. Response of different genotypes of Faba bean plant to drought stress. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 16(5):10214–10227 .
· Sinha, S., K. Bhatt, K. Pandey, S. Singh, and R. Saxena, 2003. Interactive metal accumulation and its toxic effects under repeated exposure in submerged plant Najas indica Cham. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 70: 696-704.
· Taiz, L., and E. Zeiger. 2010. Plant physiology. Ed Fifth. Sinauer Associates, U.S.A.
Wani, A.B., H. Chadar, A.H. Wani, S. Singh, N. Upadhyay. 2016. Salicylic acid to decrease plant stress salicylic acid to decrease plant stress. Environmental Chemistry Letters.14 (3): 317-329.