· Abhari, A., E. Azizi, and B. Hareth-Abadi. 2017. Effect of super absorbent on yield and yield components of chickpea under drought stress conditions of the end of season. Crop Production Publication. 10(1): 191-202. (In Persian).
· Akbari, J., and A. Maleki. 2018. The effect of ascorbic acid and salicylic acid foliar on vegetative properties and yield and yield components of Vigna unguiculata L. under drought stress. Applied Research of Plant Ecophysiology. 4(2): 159-180. (In Persian).
· Aldesuquy, H.S., M.A. Abbas, S.A. Abo-Hamed, A.H. Elhakem, and S.S. Alsokari. 2012. Glycine betaine and salicylic acid induced modification in productivity of two different cultivars of wheat grown under water stress. Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry. 8(2): 72-89.
· Ali, S., S.V. Eslami, M.A. Behdani, and M. Jami Al-Ahmadi. 2009. Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on alleviating the effect of salinity stress at germination and early seedling growth of corn (Zea mays L.). Environmental Stresses in Crop Sciences. 2(1): 53-63. (In Persian).
· Amira, M., D. Hegazi, M. Amal, and E. El-Shraiy. 2007. Impact of salicylic acid and paclobutrazol exogenous application on the growth, yield and nodule formation of common bean. Basic and Applied Sciences. 1(4): 834-840.
· Anonymous. 2006. Agricultural statistics 2005-2006. Ministry of Jihad-e-Agriculture. (In Persian).
· Anonymous. 2017. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Corporate Statistical Database (FAOSTAT).
· Arafa, A.A., M.A. Khafagy, and M.F. El-Banna. 2009. The effect of glycine betaine or ascorbic acid on grain germination and leaf structure of sorghum plants grown under salinity stress. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 3(5): 294-304.
· Ashraf, M., and M.R. Foolad. 2007. Roles of glycine betaine and proline in improving plant abiotic stress resistance. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 59: 206–216.
· Cheraghi, A.M., N.A. Sajedi, and M. Gomarian. 2014. The effect of foliar application of salicylic acid and selenium on agronomic, physiological and quality characteristics of chickpea in rainfed condition. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 5(2): 31-42. (In Persian).
· El-Hak, S.G., A.M. Ahmed, and Y.M.M. Moustafa. 2012. Effect of foliar application with two antioxidants and humic acid on growth, yield and yield components of peas (Pisum sativum L.). Journal of Horticultural Science and Ornamental Plants. 4(3): 318-328.
· Farnia, A., and Sh. Moradi. 2015. Study of the rainfed chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) cultivars response to planting dates in Kermanshah conditions. Applied Research of Plant Ecophysiology. 2(1): 47-64. (In Persian).
· Farshadfar, E., and J. Javadinia. 2011. Evaluation of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes for drought tolerance. Seed and Plant Production. 1(27): 517-537. (In Persian).
· Fayyaz, F., and R. Talebi. 2009. Determining relationships among yield and some yield components using path coefficient analysis in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Iranian Journal of Agriculture Research. 7(1): 135-141. (In Persian).
· Ganjeali, A., and A. Nezami. 2008. Ecophysiology and determinatives yield of pulses in pulses. Jahhad Daneshgahi Mashhad Press. Iran. p. 500. (In Persian).
· Ghassemi-Golezani, K., B. Dalil, A.D. Muhammadi-Nasab, and S. Zehtab Salmasi. 2008. The response of chickpea cultivars to field water deficit. Journal of Water and Soil Science. 10(2): 109-120. (In Persian).
· Hamzei, J., and M. Seyedi. 2013. Response of three chickpea cultivars to different sowing dates under rainfed conditions in hamedan region. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production. 22(4): 83-94. (In Persian).
· Iqbal, M., and M. Ashraf. 2006. Wheat seed priming in relation to salt tolerance, growth, yield and level of free salicylic acid and polyamines. Annals of Botany. 43(4): 250-259.
· Jalota, S.K., S. Anil, and W. Harman. 2007. Assessing the response of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) yield to irrigation water on two soils in Punjab (India): A simulation analysis using the CROPMAN model. Agricultural Water Management. 79(3): 312-320.
, H., H. Sodaeizadeh, A. Mosleh Arani
, and M.A. Hakim Zadeh
. 2016. The role of glycine betain in increasing drought resistance of Sorghum halopens
under field condition. Environmental Stresses in Crop Sciences.
9(2): 139-147. (In Persian).
· Kadkhodaie, H., H. Sodaeizadeh, and A. Mosleh Arani. 2014. The effects of exogenous application of glycine betain on growth and some physiological characteristics of Brassica napus under drought stress in field condition. Desert Ecosystem Engineering Journal. 3(4): 79-90. (In Persian).
· Karam, F., R. Lahoud, R. Masaad, R. Kabalan, J. Breidi, C. Chalita, and Y. Rouphael. 2007. Evapotranspiration, seed yield and water use efciency of drip irrigated sunﬂower under full and deficit irrigation conditions. Agricalture Water Management. 90(3): 213-223.
· Kayan, N., and M.S. Adak. 2012. Associations of some characters with grain yield in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany. 44(1): 267-272.
· Kayed Nezami, R., H.R. Balouchi, and A.R. Yadavi. 2012. Effect of foliar application of salicylic acid on yield and yield components and some physiological traits of lentil (Lens culinaris
Medik) varieties under salt stress. Iranian journal of Pulses Research.
3(2): 97-110. (In Persian).
· Khademian, R., and I. Yaghoubian. 2018. Growth of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) in response to salicylic acid under drought stress. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences. 12(3): 255-263. (In Persian).
· Kshavrz, H., S.A.M. Modares Sanavi, F. Zarin Kamr, A. Dolatabadian, M. Panahi, and K. Sadaj Asilan. 2012. Evolution effect salicylic acid foliar on same traits biochemical two Brasica napus L. under cool stress. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science. 42: 723-734. (In Persian).
· Li, J., S. Inanaga, Z. Li, and A.E. Eneji. 2005. Optimizing irrigation scheduling for winter wheat in the North China Plain. Agricultural Water Management. 76(1): 8-23.
· Ma, X.L., Y.J. Wang, S.L. Xie, C. Wang, and W. Wang. 2007. Glycine betaine application ameliorates negative effects of drought stress in tobacco. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology. 54: 472–479.
· Maddah, S.M., F.A. Falahian, S.H. Sabaghpour, and F. Chalabian. 2007. Effect of salicylic acid on yield, yield components and anatomical structure of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Islamic Azad University). 16(62): 61-70. (In Persian).
· Magomya, A.M., D. Kubmarawa, J.A. Ndahi, and G.G. Yebpella. 2014. Determination of plant proteins via the Kjeldahl method and amino acid analysis: A comparative study. International Journal of Science Technology Research. 3(4): 68-72.
· Majd, A., S.M. Maddah, F. Fallahian, S.H. Sabaghpour, and F. Chalabian. 2006. Comparative study of the effect of salicylic acid on yield, yield components and resistance of two susceptible and resistant chickpea cultivars to Ascochyta rabiei. Iranian Journal of Biology (Biological Science Promotion). 19(3): 314-324. (In Persian).
· Majnoun Hosseini, N. and R. Hamzeii. 2011. Effect of winter and spring planting time on yield and yield components of chickpea at dry land conditions. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 1(2): 59-68. (In Persian).
· Majnun Hoseini, N. 2013. Status and role of legumes in Iranian agriculture. 5th Iranaian Pulses Symposium. pp: 1- 11. Karaj, Iran. (In Persian).
· Marjani, A., M. Farsi, and M. Rahimizadeh. 2017. Response of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes to drought stress at different growth stages. International Journal of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering. 10(9): 604-608.
· Meena, H.P., J. Kumar, H.D. Upadhyaya, C. Bharadwaj, S.K. Chauhan, A.K. Verma, and A.H. Rizvi. 2010. Chickpea mini core germplasm collection as rich sources of diversity for crop improvement. SAT Electronic Journal. 8: 1-5.
· Miri, H.R., and A. Zamani Moghadam. 2014. The Effect of external usage of glycine betaine on corn (Zea mays L.) in drought condition. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 12(4): 704-717. (In Persian).
· Mohammadi, G.H., K. Ghasemi Golezani, A. Javanshir, and M. Moghaddam. 2006. The influence of water limitation on the yield of three chickpea cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. 10(2): 109-120.
· Naseh Hosseini, S., M. Saeidi, and C. Mansourifar. 2018. Evaluation of grain yield and some biochemical characteristics of five chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress in Kermanshah region. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 12(4): 549-568. (In Persian).
· Nasri, R., A. Heydari-Moghadam, A. Siadat, F. Paknezhad, and M. Sadeghi-Shoja. 2012. Path analysis of traits correlation and supplemental irrigation on yield and yield components of chickpea in Ilam. Journal of Agronomy and Plant Breeding. 8(2):161-172. (In Persian).
· Nezhad, T.S., H.R. Mobasser, M. Dahmardeh, and M. Karimian .2014. Effect of foliar application of salicylic acid and drought stress on quantitative yield of mungbean (Vigna radiata L.). Journal of Novel Applied Sciences. 3(5): 512-515. (In Persian).
· Pakmehr, A., M. Rastgoo, F. Shekari, J. Saba, and I. Zangani. 2012. Effect of salicylic acid priming on some morpho-physiologic characteristics. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 9(4): 606-614. (In Persian).
· Parsa, M., and A. Bagheri. 2013. Legumes. Mashhad Jahad Daneshgahi Press. pp: 524. (In Persian).
· Pérez-Clemente, R.M., V. Vives, S.I. Zandalinas, M.F. López-Climent, V. Muñoz, and A. Gómez-Cadenas. 2013. Biotechnological approaches to study plant responses to stress. BioMed Research International, 2013: 1-10.
· Popova, L.P., L.T. Maslenkova, R.Y. Yordanova, A.P. Ivanova, A.P. Krantev, G. Zalai and T. Janda. 2009. Exogenous treatment with salicylic acid attenuates cadmium toxicity in pea seedlings. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 47: 224–231.
· Pouresmael, M. M. Akbari, Sh. Vaezi, and Sh. Shahmoradi. 2009. Effects of drought stress gradient on agronomic traits in Kabuli chickpea core collection. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science. 11(4): 307-324. (In Persian).
· Raafat, N.Z., and T.E.E. Radwan. 2011. Improving wheat grain yield and its quality under salinity conditions at a newly reclaimed soil by using different organic sources as soil or foliar applications. Journal of Apply Sciences Reserch. 7(1): 42-55.
· Rahbarian, R., R. Khavari-Nejad, A. Ganjeali, A. Bagheri, and F. Najafi. 2011. Drought stress effects on photosynthesis, chlorophyll fluorescence and water relations in tolerant and susceptible chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes. Acta Biologica Cracoviensia Series Botanica. 53(1): 47-56.
· Rezaei, M.A. 2010. Effects of exogenous glycine betaine on morphophysiological characteristics and yield of soybean (Glycine max L.). Journal on Plant Science Researches. 5(1): 44-54. (In Persian).
· Sabaghpour, S.H., A.A. Mahmodi, A. Saeed, M. Kamel, and R.S. Malhotra. 2006. Study on chickpea drought tolerance lines under dryland condition of Iran. Indian Journal of Crop Science. 1(1-2): 70-73.
· Sadeghzade, D., A. Jahangiri, A. Saeed, H. Kanoni, R. Karimi Zadeh, P. Pezashk Pour, Y. Farayedi, A. Mahmoodi, S.S. Shobeiri, H. Mostafaei, S.H. Sabagh Pour, A. Karami, B. Rostami, S. Alipour, J. Ashrafi, M. Armion, N. Bahrami, H.R. Pourali Baba, M. Mahdie, M.R. Shahab, and M. Kheirgoo. 2014. A report from twenty years of achievements of rainfed pulses in the country of Iran. 5th Iranaian Pulses Symposium. Karaj, Iran. 721- 724. (In Persian).
· Sepehri, A., R. Abasi, and A. Karami. 2015. Effect of drought stress and salicylic acid on yield and yield component of bean genotypes. Journal of Crops Improvement. 17(2): 503-516. (In Persian).
· Shaban, M., S. Mansourifar, M. Ghobadi, and R. Ashrafi Parchin. 2012. Effect of drought stress and starter nitrogen fertilizer on root characteristics and seed yield of four chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes. Seed and Plant Production. 27(4): 451-470. (In Persian).
· Shoghian, M., and A. Roozbahani. 2017. The effect of salicylic acid foliar application on morphological traits, yield and yield components of red bean under drought tension conditions. Crop Physiology Journal. 9(34): 131-147. (In Persian).
· Sio-Se Mardeh, A., S. Gholami, B. Bahramnejad, H. Kanouni, and F. Sadeghi. 2014. Effect of drought stress on compatible osmolytes content, enzyme activity and grain yield in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L) genotypes. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 16(2): 109 -124. (In Persian).
· Taghdisi Sayyar, M., S. Enteshari, and F. Daneshmand. 2016. The interaction of exogenous glycine betaine and water deficit on some physiologic characteristic of tomato (Lycopersicun esculentum Mill.) plants. Journal of Plant Process and Function. 5(17): 109-120.
· Tisarum, R., C. Theerawitaya, T. Samphumphung, T. Takabe, and S. Cha-um. 2019. Exogenous foliar application of glycine betaine to alleviate water deficit tolerance in two Indica rice genotypes under greenhouse conditions. Agronomy Journal. 9(3): 1-15.
· Vinocur, B., and A. Altman. 2005. Recent advances in engineering plant tolerance to abiotic stress: achievements and limitations. Current Opinion in Biotechnology. 16(2): 123-132.
· Yazdanpanah S., F. Abasi, and A. Baghzadeh. 2010. Effect of salicylic acid and ascorbic acid on proline, sugar and protein content in Satureja hortensis L. under aridity stress. Proceeding of the First National Conference of Environmental Stress in Agricultural Science 28-29 Juan 2010. The University of Birjand. (In Persian).
· Yücel, D.Ö., A.E. Anlarsal, and C. Yücel. 2006. Genetic variability, correlation and path analysis of yield, and yield components in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 30(3): 183-188.
Zhang, Y.Y., Y. Li, T. Gao, and H. Zhu. 2008. Arabidopsis SDIR1 enhances drought tolerance in crop plants. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry. 72(8): 2251-2254.