· Adebayo, M.A., A. Menkir, E. Blay, V. Gracen, E. Danquah, and S. Hearne. 2014. Genetic analysis of drought tolerance in adapted × exotic crosses of maize inbred lines under managed stress conditions. Euphytica.
· Ahmed, Y.M., and E.A. Shalaby. 2012. Effect of different seaweed extracts and compost on vegetative growth, yield and fruit quality of cucumber. Journal of Horticultural Science and Ornamental Plants.
· Ashkavand, M., M. Roshdi, J. Khalili Mohaleh, F. Jalili, and A. HosseinPour .2013. Effect of drought stress during phenological stage and biofertilizer and nitrogen application on yield and yield components of corn (KSC 704). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology.
· Aslam, M., M.S.I. Zamir, I. Afzal, M. Yaseen, M. Mubeen, and A. Shoaib. 2013. Drought stress, its effect on maize production and development of drought tolerance through potassium application. Cercetări Agronomice în Moldova
. 46(2): 99-114.
· Bates, L. 1973. Rapid determination of free poline for water stress studies. Plant and Soil.
· Beers, R.F., and I.W. Sizer. 1952. A spectrophotometric method for measuring the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide by catalase. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
· Bilger, W., and O. Bjorkman. 2014. Relationships among violaxanthin deepoxidation, thylakoid membrane conformation, and nonphotochemical chlorophyll fluorescence quenching in leaves of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum
. 193: 238-246.
· Blokhina, O., E. Virolainen, and K.V. Fagerstedt. 2003. Antioxidants, oxidative damage and oxygen deprivation stress: a review. Annals of botany
. 91(2): 179-194.
· Borsani, O., V. Valpuestan, and M. Botella. 2001. Evidence for a role of salicylic acid in the oxidative damage generated by NaCl and osmotic stress in Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant Physiology
. 126: 1024-1030.
· Bradford, M.M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry
. 72(1-2): 248-254.
· Cornic, G. 2000. Drought stress inhibitsphotosynthesis by decreased stomatal aperture -not by affecting ATP synthesis. Trends Plant Science.
· El-Tayeb, M.A. 2005. Response of barley grains to theater active effect of salinity and salicylic acid. Plant Growth Regulation
. 45: 215-224.
· Eskandari Zanjani, K., A.H. Shirani Rad, A. Moradi Agdam, and T. Taherkhani. 2013. Effect of salicylic acid application under salinity conditions on physiologic and morphologic characteristics of artemisia (Artemisia annua
L.). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology.
6(4): 415-428. (In Persian).
· Farooq, M., A. Wahid, N. Kobayashi, D. Fujita, and S.M.A. Basra. 2009. Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronmy for Sustainable Development
. 29: 185-212.
· Flinet, H.I., B.R. Boyce, and D.J. Beattie. 1966. Index of injury drought a useful expression of freezing injury to plant tissues as determined by the electrolytic method. Canadian Journal of Plant Science.
, F.P. 2010. Physiology of crop plants. Scientific Publishers (India), Crops.
· Giannopolitis, C.N., and S.K. Ries. 1977. Superoxide dismutases: I. Occurrence in higher plants. Plant Physiology
. 59(2): 309-314.
· Gill, S.S., and N. Tuteja. 2010. Reactive oxygen species and antioxidant machinery in abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants. Plant physiology and biochemistry
. 48(12): 909-930.
· Gunes, A., A. Inal, M. Alpaslan, F. Eraslan, E.G. Bagci, and N. Cicek. 2007. Salicylic acid induced changes on some physiological parameters symptomatic for oxidative stress and mineral nutrition in maize (Zea mays
L.) grown under salinity. Journal of Plant Physiology
. 164(6): 728-736.
· Hayat, S., B. Ali, and A. Ahmad. 2007. Salicylic acid: biosynthesis, metabolism and physiological role in plants. In salicylic acid: A plant hormone. (pp. 1-14). Springer, Dordrecht.
· Hua, Y., Y. Lina, and W. Jinfeng. 2010. Antioxidation responses of maize roots and leaves to partial root-zone irrigation. Agricultural Water Management.
· Huang, J., S. Sun, D. Xu, H. Lan, H. Sun, Z. Wang, Y. Bao, J. Wang, H. Tang, and H. Zhang. 2012. A TFIIIA-type zinc finger protein confers multiple abiotic stress tolerances in transgenic rice (Oryza sativa
L.). Plant Molecular Biology
. 80(3): 337-350.
· Isendahl, N., and Q. Schmidt. 2006. Drought in the Mediterranean: WWF policy proposals-A WWF report. WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature, Germany, 45.
· Jain, V., S. Vart, E. Verma, and S.P. Malhotra. 2015. Spermine reduces salinity-induced oxidative damage by enhancing antioxidative system and decreasing lipid peroxidation in rice seedlings. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology
. 24(3): 316-323.
· Karkanis, A., D. Bilalis, and A. Efthimiadou. 2011. Architectural plasticity, photosynthesis and growth response velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti Medicus
) plants to water stress in a semi-arid environment. Austuralian Journal of Crop Science
. 5(4): 369-374
· Karthick, N., S. Selvakumars, and S. Umamaheswari. 2013. Effect of three different seaweed liquid fertilizers and a chemical liquid fertilizer on the growth and histopathological parameters of Eudrilus eugeniae
(Haplotaxida: Eudrilidae Global). Journal of Bio-Science and Biotechnology.
· Khan, A., and M. Ashraf. 2008. Exogenously applied ascorbic acid alleviates salt-induced oxidative stress in wheat. Environmental and Experimental Botany
. 63(1): 224-231.
· Khan, M.I., M. Fatma, T.S. Per, N.A. Anjum, and N.A. Khan. 2015. Salicylic acid-induced abiotic stress tolerance and underlying mechanisms in plants. Plant Science Journal.
6: Article 462.
· Kheirkhah, M., M. Farazi, A. Dadkhah, and A. Khoshnood. 2016. Application of glycine, tufool and salicylic acid in sugar beet (Beta vulgaris
L.) under drought conditions. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology
. 10(1): 167-182. (In Persian).
· Kiarostami, K., N. Abdolmaleki, and M. Heidari. 2012. The effect of salicylic acid on salt stress reduction in Canola (Brassica napus
L.). Journal of Plant Biology.
· Koyro, H.W. 2006. Effect of salinity on growth, photosynthesis, water relations and solute composition of potential cash crop halophyte (Plantago coronopus
L.). Environmental and Experimental Botany
. 56: 136-149.
· Kumar, G., and D. Sahoo. 2011. Effect of seaweed liquid extract on growth and yield ofTriticum aestivum
var. pusa gold. Journal of Applied Phycology.
· Lascano, H.R., G.E. Antonicelli, C.M. Luna, M.N. Melchiorre, L.D. Gómez, R.W. Racca, V.S. Trippi, and L.M. Casano. 2001. Antioxidant system response of different wheat cultivars under drought: field and in vitro studies. Functional Plant Biology.
· Mercier, L., C. Laffite, G. Borderies, X. Briand, M.T. Esquerré-Tugayé, and J. Fournier. 2001. The algal polysaccharide carrageenans can act as an elicitor of plant defence. New Phytology.
· Mittler, R., S. Vanderauwera, M. Gollery, and F.V. Breusegem. 2004. Reactive oxygen gene network of plants. Trends in Plant Science
. 9: 490-498.
· Miura, K., and Y. Tada. 2014. Regulation of water, salinity, and cold stress responses by salicylic acid. Plant Science Journal.
5: Article 4.
· Moharramnejad, S., O. Sofalian, M. Valizadeh, A. Asgari, and M.R. Shiri. 2015. Proline, glycine betaine, total phenolics and pigment contents in response to osmotic stress in maize seedlings. Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology.
· Nakano, Y., and K. Asada. 1981. Hydrogen peroxide is scavenged by ascorbate-specific peroxidase in spinach chloroplasts. Plant and Cell Physiology
. 22(5): 867-880.
· Neocleous, D., and M. Vasilakakis. 2007. Effects of NaCl stress on red raspberry (Rubus idaeus
L. ‘Autumn Bliss’). Scientia Horticulturae
. 112(3): 282-289.
· Peeva, V., and G. Cornic. 2009. Leaf photosynthesis of Haberlea rhodopensis
before and during drought. Environmental and Experimental Botany
. 65: 310-318.
· Pessarakli, M., and D.M. Kopec. 2009. Screening various ryegrass cultivars for salt stress tolerance. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment.
· Pickering, T. 2006. Advances in seaweed aquaculture among PacificIsland countries. Journal of Applied Phycology.
· Porra, R.J. 2002. The chequered history of the development and use of simultaneous equations for the accurate determination of chlorophylls a and b. Photosynthesis Research.
· Rayorath, P., W. Khan, R. Palanisamy, S.L. Mackinon, R. Stefanova, S.D. Hankins, A.T. Critchley, and B. Prithiviraj. 2008. Extracts of the brown seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum
)in duce gibberellic acid (GA3
) in dependent amylase activity in barley. Journal of Plant Growth Regulator.
· Sairam, R.K., and D.C. Saxena. 2000. Oxidative stress and antioxidants in wheat genotypes: possible mechanism of water stress tolerance. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science
. 184(1): 55-61.
· Saki-nejad, T. 2003. Effects of water stress on the uptake of nitrogen phosphorus potassium sodium in different stages of growth, according to the morphological characteristics of maize in Ahvaz climatic conditions. Ph.D. dissertation, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ahvaz, Iran. (In Persian).
· Sarvajeet, S.G., and T. Narendra. 2010. Reactive oxygen species and antioxidant machinery in a biotic stress tolerance in crop plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry.
· Schlmmer, M.R., D.D. Francis, J.F. Shanahan, and J.S. Schepers. 2005. Remotely measuring chlorophyll content in corn leaves with differing nitrogen levels and relative water content. Agronomy Journal
. 97: 106 -112.
· Senaranta, T., D. Touchell, E. Bumm, and K. Dixon. 2002. Acetyl salicylic (aspirin) and salicylic acid induce multiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulation
. 30: 157-161.
· Shakirova, F.M., A.R. Sakhabutdinova, M.V. Bezrukova, R.A. Fatkhutdinova, and D.R. Fatkhutdinova. 2003. Changes in the hormonal status of wheat seedlings induced by salicylic acid and salinity. Plant Science
. 164: 317-322.
· Shao, H.B., L.Y. Chu, G. Wu, J.H. Zhang, Z.H. Lu, and Y.CH. Hu. 2007. Changes of some physiological and biochemical indices for soil water deficits among 10 wheat genotypes at seedling stage. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces.
· Shehata, M.M., and S.A. El-Khawas. 2003. Effect of two biofertilizers on growth parameters, yield characters, nitrogenous components, nucleic acids content, minerals, oil content, protein profiles and DNA banding pattern of sunflower (Helianthus annus
L. cv. Vedock) yield. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences.
· Sheteawi, S.A., and K.M. Tawfik. 2007. Interaction effect of some biofertilizers and irrigation water regime on mungbeen (Vigna radiata
) growth and yield. Journal of Applied Sciences Research
. 3(3): 251-262.
· Shim, I.S., Y. Momose, A. Yamamoto, D.W. Kim, and K. Usui. 2003. Inhibition of catalase activity by oxidative stress and its relationship to salicylic acid accumulation in plants. Plant Growth Regulation.
· Shokouhi Far, Y. 2016. Application of algae in agriculture. Second International Conference on Sustainable Development, Solutions and Challenges Focusing on Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Tourism, Iran (Tabriz), 2325 Feb: 3-4.
· Sunarpi, A., R. Kurnianingsih, N.I. Julisaniah, and A. Nikmatullah. 2010. Effect of seaweed extracts on growth and yield of rice plants. Nusantara Bioscience.
· Tambussi, E.A., C.G. Bartoli, J. Beltrano, J.J. Guiamet, and J.L. Araus. 2000. Oxidative damage to thylakoids proteins in water stressed leaves of wheat (Triticum aestivum
L.). Physiologia Plantarum.
· Wang, T., R. Jonsdottir, and G. Ólafsdóttir. 2009 a. Total phenolic compounds, radical scavenging and metal chelation of extracts from Icelandic seaweeds. Food Chemistry
. 116: 240–248.
· Wang, W.B., Y.H. Kim, H.S. Lee, K.Y. Kim, X.P. Deng, and S.S. Kawak. 2009 b. Analysis of antioxidant enzyme activity during germination of alfalfa under salt and drought stresses. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
. 47(7): 570-577.
· Yavas, I., and A. Unay. 2016. Effects of zinc and salicylic acid on wheat under drought stress. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences.
Zlatev, Z.S., and I.T. Yordanov. 2004. Effects of soil drought on photosynthesis and chlorophyll fluorescence in bean plants. Bulgarian Journal of Plant Physiology. 30(3-4): 3-18.