· Abdin, O.A., X.M. Zhou, D.Cloutier, D.C. Coulman, M.A. Faris, and D.L. Smith. 2000. Cover crops and interrow tillage for weed control in short season maize (Zea mays). European Journal of Agronomy. 12: 93-102.
· Abdollahian-Noghabi. M. 2003. New approach to the management of genetically modified herbicide tolerant sugar beet. Journal of Sugarbeet. 18 (2): 167-168.
· Aladesanwa, R.D., and A.W. Adigun. 2008. Evaluation of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) live mulch at different spacings for weed suppression and yield response of maize (Zea mays L.) in southwestern Nigeria. Crop Protection. 27: 968 -975.
· Darbaghshahi, M.N., A. Banitaba, and B. Bahari. 2012. Evaluating the possibility of saffron and chamomile mixed culture. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 7(20): 3060-3065.
· Dashtaki, M., and M.R. Chaichi. 2012. Intercropping of sorghum and chickling pea in limited irrigation regimes. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science.43(2): 311-321. (In Persian).
· Dhima, K.V., I.B. Vasilakoglou, I.G. Eleftherohorinos, and A.S. Lithourgidis. 2006. Allelopathic potential of winter cereals and their cover crop mulch effects on grass weed suppression and corn development. Crop Science. 46: 345-352.
· Echarte, L., A. Della Maggiora, D. Cerrudo, V.H. Gonzalez, P. Abbate, A. Cerrudo, V.O. Sadras, and P. Calvino. 2011. Yield response to plant density of maize and sunflower intercropped with soybean. Field Crops Research. 121: 423 429.
· Fernandez-Aparicio, M., A.A. Emeran, and D. Rubiales. 2008. Control of Orobanche crenata in legumes intercropped with fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum). Crop Protection. 27: 653-659.
· Gabriel, J.L., and M. Quemada. 2011. Replacing bare fallow with cover crops in a maize cropping system: Yield, N uptake and fertilizer fate. European Journal of Agronomy. 34(3): 133-143.
· Gomez, P., and J. Gurevitch. 2005. Weed community responses in a corn-soybean intercrop. Opulus Press. 1: 281-288.
· Grichar, W.J. 2006. Weed control and sorghum tolerance to flumioxazin. Crop Protection. 25: 174-177.
· Hamzei, J., M. Seyedi, and M. Babaei. 2016. Competitive ability of lentil (Lens culinaris L.) cultivars to weed interference under rain –fed conditions. Journal of Agroecology. 8(1): 82-94. (In Persian).
· Hauggaard- Nielsen, H., P. Ambus, and E.S. Jensen. 2003. The comparison of nitrogen use and leaching in sole cropped versus intercropped pea and barley. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystem. 65: 289-300.
· Hiltbrunner, J., B. Streit, and M. Liedgens. 2007. Are seeding densities an opportunity to increase grain yield of winter wheat in a living mulch of white clover. Field Crops Research. 102(3): 163-171.
· Hollander, N.G., L. Bastiaans, and M.J. Kropff. 2007. Clover as a cover crop for weed suppression in an intercropping design, I. Characteristics of several clover species. European Journal of Agronomy. 26: 92-103.
· Ibrahim, M., M. Ayub, M.M. Maqbool, S.M. Nadeem, T. Haq, S. Hussain, A. Ali, and L.M. Lauriault. 2014. Forage yield components of irrigated maize-legume mixtures at varied seed ratios. Field Crops Research. 169: 140-144.
· Kathiresan, R.M. 2006. Integration of elements of a farming system for sustainable weed and pest management in the tropics. Crop Protection. 26: 424-429.
· Khorramdel, S., R. Ghorbani, H. Azizi, and S.M. Sayedi. 2013. Effect of non- chemical methods of weed management on growth characteristics and yield of cumin. Agroecologi. 4(1): 1-14. (In Persian).
· Kuo, S., and E.J. Jellum. 2002. The influence of winter cover crops and residue management on nitrogen availability and corn. Agronomy Journal. 94(3): 501-508.
· Kurdali, F., N.E. Sharabi, and A. Arslan. 1996. Rainfed vetch-barley mixed cropping in the Syrian semi-arid conditions. I. Nitrogen nutrition using 15N isotopic dilution. Plant and Soil. 183: 137-148. (In Persian).
· Lin, C.W., Y.B. Chen, J.J. Huang, and S.H. Tu. 2007. Temporal variation of plant height, plant cover and leaf area index in intercropped area of Sichuan, China. Chinese Journal of Ecology. 26: 989- 994.
· Lithourgidis, A.S., D.N. Vlachostergios, C.A. Dordas, and C.A. Damalas. 2011. Dry matter yield, nitrogen content, and competition in pea–cereal intercropping systems. European Journal of Agronomy. 34: 287-294.
· Lososova, Z., M. Chytry, and I. Kuhn. 2008. Plant attributes determining the regional abundance of weeds on central European arable land. Journal of Biogeography. 35: 177–187.
· Mazaheri, D., M. Movahedi dehnavi, A. Bankesaz, A. Hosseinzade, and M. Ghanadha. 1998. Study of intercropping of maize and common bean. Research and Manufacturing. 47: 47-51.
· Mischler, R., S.W. Duiker, S. Curran, and D. Wilson. 2010. Hairy vetch management for no-till organic corn production. American Society of Agronomy. 102: 355-362.
· Monti, M., A. Pellicano, C. Santonoceto, G. Preiti, and A. Pristeri. 2016. Yield components and nitrogen use in cereal- pea intercrops in Mediterranean environment. Field Crops Research. 196: 379-388.
· Poggio, S.L. 2005. Structure of weed communities occurring monoculture and intercropping of field pea and barley. Agricultural, Ecosystem Environment. 109: 48-58.
· Raei, Y., S.A. Bolandnazar, and N. Dameghsi. 2011. Evaluation of common bean and potato densities effects on potato tuber yield in mono-cropping and intercropping systems. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production. 21(2): 131-142. (In Persian).
· Rajsawara Rao, B.R. 2002. Biomass yield, essential oil yield and essential oil composition of rose-scented geranium (Pelargonium species) as influenced by row spacing and intercropping with corn mint (MenthaarvensisL.FpiperascensMalinv. ex Holmes).Crop Production. 16: 133-144.
· Ramrodi, M., D. Mazaheri, N. Majnon Houssaini, E. Houssainzadeh, and S.M.B. Houssaini. 2010. Effect of cover crops, tillage systems and nitrogen fertilization on yield of sorghum. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 4(41): 763-769. (In Persian).
· Shivaraum, H.S., and K. Shivashankar. 1994. A new approach of canopy architecture in assessing complimentarily of intercrops. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 39: 179-187.
· Sullivan, P. 2003. Applying the principles of sustainable farming. Fundamentals of sustainable agriculture. USA: appropriate technology transfer for rural areas (ATTRA). 116.
· Teasdale, J.R., D.R. Shelton, A.M. Sadeghi, and A.R. Isensee. 2003. Influence of hairy vetch residue on atrazine and metolachlor soil solution concentration and weed emergence. Weed Science. 51: 628- 634.
· Thorsted, M., J. Olesen, and J. Weiner. 2006. Width of clover strips and wheat rows influence grain yield in winter wheat/white clover intercropping. Field Crops Research. 95: 280-290.
· Tollenaar, M., and M. Aguilar. 1992. Radiation use efficiency of old and new maize hybried. Agronomy Journal. 84: 536 – 541.
· Uchino, H., K. Iwama, Y. Jitsuyama, K. Ichiyama, E. Sugiura, T. Yudate, S. Nakamura, and J. Gopal. 2012. Effect of interseeding cover crops and fertilization on weed suppression under an organic and rotational cropping system. Field Crops Research. 127: 9-16.
· Uchino, H., K. Iwama, Y. Jitsuyama, T. Yudate, and S. Nakamura. 2009. Yield losses of soybean and maize by competition with interseeded cover crops and weeds in organic-based cropping systems. Field Crops Research. 113: 342-351.
· Yang, F., S. Huang, R. Gao, W. Liu, T. Yong, X. Wang, X. Wu, and W. Yang. 2014. Growth of soybean seedling in relay strip intercropping systems in relation to light quantity and red: far- red ratio. Field Crops Research. 155: 245-253.
· Zand, A., H. Raheimian Mashhadi, E. Kochaki, J. Khalgani, and K. Ramezani. 2010. Ecology of weeds. Translation of Mashhad University Press. (In Persian).
Zimdahl, R.H. 2007. Fundamentals of weed sciences. Academic Press, New York. 666 pp.