· Abdolahi, M., F. Shekari, J. Saba, and E. Zangani. 2018. Seed priming with salicylic acid enhanced gas exchanges parameters and biological yield of wheat under late sowing date. Agriculture and Forestry. 64: 145-157.
· Abedi, T., and H. Pakniyat. 2010. Antioxidant enzyme changes in response to drought stress in ten cultivars of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). Czech Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding. 46: 27–34.
· Arnon, A.N. 1967. Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy. 23: 112-121.
· Bernáth, J. 1999. Biological and economical aspects of utilization and exploitation of wild growing medicinal plants in middle and south Europe. In: Proceedings of the second world congress on medicinal and aromatic plants for human welfare WOCMAP-2. Caffini, N., J. Bernáth, L.Craker, L., et al. (eds.). pp: 31-41. Argentina: Mendoza.
· Fageria, N.K., V.C. Baligar, and R. Clark. 2006. Physiology of crop production. Translated to Persian by: Shekari, F., F. Shekari, and E. Esfandiari. University of Margheh Press. (In Persian).
· Farooq, M., A. Wahid, N. Kobayashi, D. Fujita, and S.M.A. Basra. 2009. Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronomy for Sustainable Development. 29: 185-212.
· Hamissou, M., A.C. Smith, R.E. Carter and J.K. Triplett. 2013. Antioxidative properties of bitter gourd (Momordica charantia) and zucchini (Cucurbita pepo). Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 25: 641-647.
· Harris-Vallea, C., M. Esquedaa, A. Gutiérreza, AE. Castellanosb, A.A. Gardeaa, and R. Berbarac. 2018. Physiological response of Cucurbita pepo var. pepo mycorrhized by Sonoran desert native arbuscular fungi to drought and salinity stresses. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology. 49: 45–53.
· Hay, R.K.M., and J.R. Porter. 2006. The physiology of crop yield. Wiley-Blackwell Ltd Co.
· Jahan, M., A. Koocheki, M. Nassiri, and F. Dehghanipoor. 2010. The effects of different manure levels and two branch management methods on organic production of Cucurbita pepoL. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Research. 5: 281-289. (In Persian).
· Khan, M., P.T. Fatma, N.A. Anjum, and N.A. Khan. 2015. Salicylic acid induced abiotic stress tolerance and underlying mechanisms in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science. 6: 1–17.
· Klessing, D.F., and J. Malamy. 1994. The salicylic acid signal in plants. Plant Molecular Biology. 26: 1439-1458.
· Marcelis, L.F.M., and L.R. Baan Hofman-Eijer. 1997. Effects of seed number on competition and dominance among fruits in Capsicum annuum L. Annals of Botany. 79: 687-693.
· Mohammadi, L., F. Shekari, J. Saba, and E. Zangani. 2017. Effects of priming with salicylic acid on safflower seedlings photosynthesis and related physiological parameters. Journal of Plant Physiology and Breeding. 7: 1-13.
· Moharekar, S., S. Lokhande., T. Hara, and R. Tanaka. 2003. Effect of salicylic acid on chlorophyll and carotenoid contents of wheat and moong seedlings. Photosynthetica. 41(2): 315-317.
· Nazar, R., S. Umar, N.A. Khan, and O. Sareer. 2015. Salicylic acid supplementation improves photosynthesis and growth in mustard through changes in proline accumulation and ethylene formation under drought stress. South African Journal of Botany. 98: 84–94.
· Noborio, K., R. Horton, and C.S. Tan. 1999. Time domain reflectometry probe for simultaneous measurement of soil matric potential and water content. Soil Science. Societies American Journal. 63: 1500–1505.
· Pakmehr, A., F. Shekari, and M. Rastgoo. 2014. Effect of seed priming by salicylic acid on some photosynthetic traits of cowpea under water deficit in flowering stag. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 5: 19-30. (In Persian).
· Pawlowski, M.L., C.R. Bowen, C.B. Hill, and G.L. Hartman. 2016. Responses of soybean genotypes to pathogen infection after the application of elicitors. Crop Protection. 87: 78–84.
· Rabbi Angourani, H., J. PanahandeYangajeh, S.A. Boland Nazar, J. Saba, and F. Zare Nahandi. 2017. The Effects of exogenous salicylic acid on some quantitative and qualitative attributes of medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L. var. Styriaca) under drought stress. Advances in Bioresearch. 8: 242-249.
· Ramirez-Estrada, K., H. Vidal-Limon, D. Hidalgo, E. Moyano, M. Golenioswki, R.M. Cusidó, and J. Palazon. 2016. Elicitation, an effective strategy for the biotechnological production of bioactive high-added value compounds in plant cell factories. Molecules. 21: 182-206.
· Raskin, I. 1992. Role of salicylic acid in plants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology. 43: 439-463.
· Rivas-San Vicente, M., and J. Plasencia. 2011. Salicylic acid beyond defence: Its role in plant growth and development. Journal of Experimental Botany. 62: 3321–3338.
· Robinson, R.W. 1993. Genetic parthenocarpy in Cucurbita pepo L. Report Cucurbit Genetics Cooperative. 16: 55-57.
· Safari, M. 2014. Technology of edible oils and fats. University of Tehran Press. (In Persian).
· Sánchez-martín, J., J. Heald, A. Kingston-smith, A. Winters, D. Rubiales, M Sanz, L.A.J. Mur, and E. Prats. 2014. A metabolomic study in oats (Avena sativa L.) highlights a drought tolerance mechanism based on salicylate signalling pathways and the modulation of carbon. Plant, Cell and Environment. 38: 1434–1452.
· Sarrou, E., P. Chatzopoulou, K. Dimassi-Theriou, I. Therios, and A. Koularmani. 2015. Effect of melatonin, salicylic acid and gibberellic acid on leaf essential oil and other secondary metabolites of bitter orange young seedlings. Journal of Essential Oil Research. 27: 487–496.
· Senaratna T., D. Touchell, E. Bunn, and K. Dixon. 2000. Acetyl salicylic acid (aspirin) and salicylic acid induce multiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulator. 30: 157-161.
· Shekari, F., A. Pakmehr, M. Rastgo, M. Vazaiefi, and M.J. Goreish Nasab. 2010. The effects of seed priming with salicylic acid on some physiological traits of cowpea under water shortage stress at pod filling period. Agricultural Science. 4: 14-29. (In Persian).
· Siddique, Z., S. Jan, S.R. Imadi, A. Gul, and P. Ahmad. 2016. Drought stress and photosynthesis in plants. In: Water Stress and Crop Plants: A Sustainable Approach. Ahmad, P. (ed.).pp:1-11. United States: Hoboken.
· Siyami, A., R. Haydari, and A. Dastpak. 2003. Measurement of oil and fatty acids in seeds of several varieties of Cucurbita L. Research and Development. 59: 16-19.
· Taiz, L., and E. Zeiger. 2010. Plant physiology. 5th ed. Sinauer Associates Inc., Publishers. Sunderland, Massachusetts U.S.A.
· War, A.R., M.G. Paulraj, M.Y. War, and S. Ignacimuthu. 2011. Role of salicylic acid in induction of plant defense system in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant Signaling and Behavior. 6: 1787–1792.
· Wien, H.C. 2006. The physiology of vegetables. Translated to Persian by: Shekari, F., S. Massiha, and B. Esmailpoor. Zanjan University Press. (In Persian).
Zeynali, M., B. Maleki Zanjani, P. Moradi, and F. Shekari. 2019. Effects of field capacity based-irrigation levels on physiological and agronomic characteristics of medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.). Applied Research in Field Crops. 31: 1-20. (In Persian).