· Abhari, A., and E. Gholinejad. 2019. Effect of salicylic acid foliar application on barley water use efficiency in Cut-Off condition. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research
. 17(1): 157-167. (In Persian).
· Adebayo, M.A., A. Menkir, E. Blay, V. Gracen, E. Danquah, and S. Hearne. 2014. Genetic analysis of drought tolerance in adapted × exotic crosses of maize inbred lines under managed stress conditions. Euphytica.
· Agami, R.A. 2013. Alleviating the adverse effects of NaCl stress in maize seedlings by pretreating seeds with salicylic acid and 24-epibrassinolide. South African Journal of Botany.
· Agarwal, S., R. Sairam, G. Srivastava, and R. Meena. 2005. Changes in antioxidant enzymes activity and oxidative stress by abscisic acid and salicylic acid in wheat genotypes. Biologia Plantarum
. 49(4): 541-550.
· Anjum. S.A., X.Y. Xie, L.C. Wang, M.F. Saleem, C. Man, and W. Lei. 2011. Morpholojical, physiolojical and biochemical responses of plants to drought stress. African Journal of Agricultural Reserch
. 6(9): 2026- 2032.
· Askari, E., and P. Ehsanzadeh. 2015. Drought stress mitigation by foliar application of salicylic acid and their interactive effects on physiological characteristics of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare
Mill.) genotypes. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum.
· Aslam, M., M.S.I. Zamir, I. Afzal, M. Yaseen, M. Mubeen, and A. Shoaib. 2013. Drought stress, its effect on maize production and development of drought tolerance through potassium application. Cercetări Agronomice în Moldova
. 46(2): 99-114.
· Bajguz, A., and S. Hayat. 2009. Effects of brassinosteroids on the plant responses to environmental stresses. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry.
· Barros, L., A.M. Carvalho, and I.C. Ferreira. 2010. The nutritional composition of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare
): Shoots, leaves, stems and inflorescences. LWT-Food Science and Technology.43
· Bayat, H., M. Alirezaie, and H. Neamati. 2012. Impact of exogenous salicylic acid on growth and ornamental characteristics of calendula (Calendula officinalis
L.) under salinity stress. Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry.
· Bera, A.K., K. Pramanik, and B. Mandal. 2014. Response of biofertilizers and homobrassinolide on growth, yield and oil content of sunflower (Helianthus annuus
L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research.
· Bijanzadeh, E., R. Naderi, and T.P. Egan. 2019. Exogenous application of humic acid and salicylic acid to alleviate seedling drought stress in two corn (Zea mays
L.) hybrids. Journal of Plant Nutrition.
· Colom, M.R., and C. Vazzana. 2003. Photosynthesis and PSII functionality of drought-resistant and drought-sensitive weeping lovegrass plants. Environmental and Experimental Botany
. 49: 135-144.
· Costa, M.L., P.M. Civello, A.R. Chaves, and G.A. Martinez. 2005. Effects of ethephon and 6-benzylaminopurine on chlorophyll degrading enzymes and a peroxidase-linked chlorophyll bleaching during post-harvest senescence of broccoli (Brassica oleracea
L.) at 20°C
. Post Harvest Biology and Technology.
· Demir Kaya, M., G. Okcu, M.A. Atak, and O. Kolsarici. 2006. Seed treatment to overcome salt and drought stress during germination in sunflower. European Journal of Agronomy.
· Divi, U.K., T. Rahman, and P. Krishna. 2010. Brassinosteroid-mediated stress tolerance in Arabidopsis shows interactions with abscisic acid, ethylene and salicylic acid pathways. Bio Med Central Plant Biology
. 10(1): 151165.
· Dučaiová, Z., V. Petruľová, and M. Repčák. 2013. Salicylic acid regulates secondary metabolites content in leaves of Matricaria chamomilla
· El-Tayeb, M.A. 2005. Response of barley grain to the interactive effect of salinity and salicylic acid. Plant Growth Regulation.
· Farajzadeh, R., N.A. Sajedi, and T. Babaei. 2016. Effect of salicylic acid and post anthesis water deficit stress on some agronomic and physiological traits of different wheat genotypes. Cereal Research.
6(2): 173-184. (In Persian).
· Fariduddin, Q., S.A. Hasan, B. Ali, S. Hayat, and A. Ahmad. 2008. Effect of modes of application of 28-homobrassinolide on mung bean. Turkish Journal of Biology.
· Farooq, M., A. Wahid, S.M.A. Basra, and I.U. Din. 2009. Improving water relations and gas exchange with brassinosteroids in rice under drought stress. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.
· Farooq, M., A. Wahid, N. Kobayashi, D. Fujita, and S.M.A. Basra. 2009. Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronmy for Sustainable Development
. 29: 185-212.
· Fathi Amirkhiz, K., M. Amini Dehaghi, and S. Heshmati. 2015. Study the effect of iron chelate on chlorophyll content, photochemical efficiency and some biochemical traits in safflower under deficit irrigation condition. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science
. 46(1): 137-145. (In Persian).
· Ferasat, M. 2010. Effect of water stress on some of agronomical, physiological and biochemical characteristics in cultivars safflower. M.Sc. Thesis Agronomy and Crop Development Department. College of Agriculture. Islamic Azad University, Arak Branch. 134 pages. (In Persian).Gardner
, F.P. 2010. Physiology of crop plants. Scientific Publishers (India), Crops.
· Gharib, F.A.E. 2006. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, metabolic activities and oil content of basil and marjoram. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology.
· Grace, S.C., and B.A. Logan. 2000. Energy dissipation and radical scavenging by the plant phenyl propanoid pathway. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society
B. 355: 1499-1510.
· Gunes, A., A. Inal, M. Alpaslan, F. Eraslan, E.G. Bagci, and N. Cicek. 2007. Salicylic acid induced changes on some physiological parameters symptomatic for oxidative stress and mineral nutrition in maize (Zea mays
L.) grown under salinity. Journal of Plant Physiology
. 164(6): 728-736.
· Haghshenas, J., and M. Eskandari. 2011. Growth parameters and essential oil percentage changes of dill (Anethum graveolens
) as affected by drought stress and use of 28-homobrassinolide. Journal of Plant Ecophysiology
. 3: 29-41. (In Persian).
· Hayat, Q., S. Hayat, M. Irfan, and A. Ahmad. 2010. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid under changing environment: a review. Environmental and Experimental Botany.
· Hayat, S., P. Maheshwari, A.S. Wani, M. Irfan, M.N. Alyemeni, and A. Ahmad. 2012. Comparative effect of 28 homobrassinolide and salicylic acid in the amelioration of NaCl stress in Brassica juncea
L. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
. 53: 61-68.
· Hemati, K., A. Ebadi, S. Khomari, and M. Sedghi. 2017. Influence of brassinosteroid and ascorbic acid on essential oil yield and chlorophyll changes under drought stress conditions. 1th
International and 5th
National Conference on Organic vs. Conventional Agriculture. (In Persian).
· Hemati, K., A. Ebadi, S. Khomari, and M. Sedghi. 2018. The response of pot marigold plant (Calendula officinalis
L.) to ascorbic acid and brassinosteroid under drought stress. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology
. 12(2): 191-210. (In Persian).
· Hussain, M., M.A. Malik, M. Farooq, M.B. Khan, M. Akram, and M.F. Saleem. 2009. Exogenous glycinebetaine and salicylic acid application improves water relations, allometry and quality of hybrid sunflower under water deficit conditions. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.
· Iqbal, M., and M. Ashraf. 2006. Wheat seed priming in relation to salt tolerance, growth, yield and level of free salicylic acid and polyamines. Annals of Botany.
· Irrigoyen, J.H., D.W. Emerich, and M. Sanchez Diaz. 1992. Water stress induced changes in concentration of proline and total soluble sugars in modulated alfalfa (Medicago sativa
). Plant Physiological Pantarum
. 84: 55-60.
· Johari, M. 2010. Effect of soil water stress on yield and proline content of four wheat lines. African Journal of Biotechnology
. 9: 36-40.
· Juan, M., R.M. Rivero, L. Romero, and J.M. Rviz. 2005. Evaluation of some nutritional and biochemical indicators in selecting salt-resistant tomato cultivars. Environmental and Experimental Botany.
· Kagale, S., U.K. Divi, J.E. Krochko, W.A. Keller, and P. Krishna. 2007. Brassinosteroid confers tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana
and Brassica napus
to a range of abiotic stresses. Planta
. 225(2): 353-364.
· Kaid Nezami, R., and H. Balochi. 2014. Physiological reactions of lentil plant (Lens culinaris
Medik) to salinity stress and salicylic acid solution. Journal of Iranian Bean Studies
. 5(2): 98-83. (In Persian).
· Kapoor, R., B. Giri, and K.G. Mukerji. 2004. Improved growth and essential oil yield and quality in Foeniculum vulgare
Mill. on mycorrhizal inoculation supplemented with P-fertilizer. Bioresource Technology.
· Karkanis, A., D. Bilalis, and A. Efthimiadou. 2011. Architectural plasticity, photosynthesis and growth response velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti
Medicus) plants to water stress in a semi-arid environment. Australian Journal of Crop Science
. 5(4): 369-374.
· Khan, N., S. Syeed, A. Masood, R. Nazar, and N. Iqbal. 2010. Application of salicylic acid increases contents of nutrients and antioxidative metabolism in mungbean and alleviates adverse effects of salinity stress. International Journal of Plant Biology.
· Khan, N.A., R. Nazar, N. Iqbal, and N.A. Anjum. 2012. Phytohormones and abiotic stress tolerance in plants. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 311p.
· Khodary, S.E.A. 2004. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, photosynthesis and carbohydrate metabolism in salt-stressed maize plants. Journal of Agriculture and Biology.
· Kolupaev, Y., T.O. Yastreb, Y.V. Karpets, and N.N. Miroshnichenko. 2011. Influence of salicylic and succinic acids on antioxidant enzymes activity, heat resistance and productivity of Panicum miliaceum
L. Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry.
· Krantev, A., R. Yordanova, T. Janda, G. Szalai, and L. Popova. 2008. Treatment with salicylic acid decreases the effect of cadmium on photosynthesis in maize plants. Journal of Plant Physiology.
· Li, K.R., and C.H. Feng. 2011. Effects of brassinolide on drought resistance of Xanthoceras sorbifolia
seedlings under water stress. Acta Physiological Plantarum
. 33: 1293–1300
· Mahdavian, K. 2017. The effect of different concentrations of salicylic acid on moderating the effects of sodium chloride stress on growth parameters and photosynthetic pigments in sunflower (Helianthus annuus
L.). Journal of Plant Environmental Physiology.
· Mahdavian, K. 2018. The effect of different concentrations of salicylic acid on salt-tolerant barley seedlings. Journal of Crop Physiology
. 36(4): 121-136. (In Persian).
· Mahmood, S., S. Iram, and H.R. Athar. 2003. Intra- specific various quantitative and qualitative attributes under differential salt region. Journal of Research in Science Teaching.
· Maleki, M.S., and A.A. Ehsanpour. 2018. Effect of salicylic acid on total phenol, flavonoid, anthocyanin and PAL and TAL enzymes in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum
Mill) plants. Iranian Journal of Plant Biology
. 9(4): 55-67. (In Persian).
· Meher, H.C., V.T. Gajbhiye, and G. Singh. 2011. Salicylic acid-induced glutathione status in tomato crop and resistance to root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita
(Kofoid & White) chitwood. Journal of Xenobiotics.
· Miura, K., and Y. Tada. 2014. Regulation of water, salinity, and cold stress responses by salicylic acid. Plant Science Journal.
5: 410- 424.
· Mohammadi, L., F. Shekari, J. Saba, and E. Zangani. 2011. Effects of seed priming with salicylic acid on vigor and morphological traits of safflower seedlings. Modern Science of Sustainable Agriculture Journal.
7: 63-72. (In Persian).
· Naeem, M., M. Idrees, M.M. Alam, T. Aftab, and M.M. Khan. 2012. Brassinosteroid-mediated enrichment in yield attributes active constituents and essential oil production in Mentha arvensis
L. Russian Agricultural Sciences.
· Neocleous, D., and M. Vasilakakis. 2007. Effects of NaCl stress on red raspberry (Rubus idaeus
L. ‘Autumn Bliss’). Scientia Horticulturae
. 112(3): 282-289.
· Omidbaigi, R. 2007. Production and processing of medicinal plants. Vol. 3, Astane Ghods Razavi press, Mashhad, 325 p. (In Persian).
· Pakmehr, A., F. Shakeri, and M. Rastgo. 2015. The effect of seed priming with salicylic acid on some photosynthetic traits of blubber beans under stress at flowering stage. Iranian of Journal Pulses Research.
5(2): 19-30. (In Persian).
· Parida, A.K., and A.B. Das. 2005. Salt tolerance and salinity effects on plants: a review. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.
· Pérez, M.G.F., N.E. Rocha-Guzmán, E. Mercado-Silva, G. Loarca-Piña, and R. Reynoso-Camacho. 2014. Effect of chemical elicitors on peppermint (Mentha piperita
) plants and their impact on the metabolite profile and antioxidant capacity of resulting infusions. Food Chemistry.
· Pirbalouti, A.G., M.R. Samani, M. Hashemi, and H. Zeinali. 2014. Salicylic acid affects growth, essential oil and chemical compositions of thyme (Thymus daenensis
Celak.) under reduced irrigation. Plant Growth Regulation.
· Porra, R.J. 2002. The chequered history of the development and use of simultaneous equations for the accurate determination of chlorophylls a and b. Photosynthesis Research.
· Rather, M.A., B.A. Dar, S.N. Sofi, B.A. Bhat, and M.A. Qurishi. 2016. Foeniculum vulgare
: A comprehensive review of its traditional use, phytochemistry, pharmacology, and safety. Arabian Journal of Chemistry.
· Razmi, N., A. Ebadi, J. Daneshian, and S. Jahanbakhsh. 2017. Salicylic acid induced changes on antioxidant capacity, pigments and grain yield of soybean genotypes in water deficit condition. Journal of Plant Interactions.
· Ronaldo, J.D.D., P.P. Hildete, S. Ladaslav, and R.B.H Claudia. 2013. 24 Epibrassinolide restores nitrogen metabolism of pigeon pea under saline stress. Botanical Studies
. 54: 9- 15.
· Ruiz-Lozano, J.M. 2003. Arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis and alleviation of osmoticstress. New Perspectives for Molecular Studies Mycorrhiza
. 13: 309–317.
· Schmidhalter, U., C. Bredemeier, D. Geesing, B. Mistele, T. Selige, and S. Jungert. 2006. Precision agriculture: Spatial and temporal variability of soil water nitrogen and plant crop response. Bibliotheca Fragmenta Agronomica.
· Shabani, L., A.A. Ehsanpour, G. Asghari, and J. Emami. 2009. Glycyrrhizin production by in vitro cultured Glycyrrhiza glabra
elicited by methyl jasmonate and salicylic acid. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology.
· Shakirova, F.M., A.R. Sakhabutdinova, M.V. Bezrukova, R.A. Fatkhutdinova, and D.R. Fatkhutdinova. 2003. Changes in the hormonal status of wheat seedlings induced by salicylic acid and salinity. Plant Science
. 164: 317-322.
· Sheteawi, S.A., and K.M. Tawfik. 2007. Interaction effect of some biofertilizers and irrigation water regime on mungbeen (Vigna radiata
) growth and yield. Journal of Applied Sciences Research
. 3(3): 251-262
· Shibli, R.A., M. Kushad, G.G. Yousef, and M.A. Lila. 2007. Physiological and biochemical responses of tomato micro shoots to induced salinity stress with associated ethylene accumulation. Plant Growth Regulation.
· Singh, B., and K. Usha. 2003. Salicylic acid induced physiological and biochemical changes in wheat seedlings under water stress. Plant Growth Regulation.
· Swamy, K.N., and S.S.R. Rao. 2008. Influence of 28-homobrassinolid on growth, photosynthesis metabolite and essential oil of geranium. American Journal of Plant Physiology
. 3(4): 173-179.
· Szepesi, A. 2006. Salicylic acid improves the acclimation of Lycopersicon esculentum
Mill. to high salinity by approximating its salt-stress response to that of the wild species L. pennellii
. Act Biologica Szegediensis.
50(3-4): 177- 187.
· Talaat, N.B., and B.T. Shawky. 2012. 24-Epibrassinolide ameliorates the saline stress and improves the productivity of wheat (Triticum aestivum
L.). Environmental and Experimental Botany
. 82: 80-88.
· Tambussi, E.A., C.G. Bartoli, J. Beltrano, J.J. Guiamet, and J.L. Araus. 2000. Oxidative damage to thylakoids proteins in water stressed leaves of wheat (Triticum aestivum
L.). Physiologia Plantarum.
· Tavili, A., A. Farajolahi, H. Pouzesh, and E. Bandak. 2010. Treatment induced germination improvement in medicinal species of Foeniculum vulgare
Miller and Cuscuta epithymum
(L.). Modern Applied Science.
· Valladares, F., and U. Niinemets. 2007. The architecture of plant crowns: from design rules to light capture and performance. Functional Plant Ecology.
· Wagner, G.J. 1979. Content and vacuole/ extra vacuole distribution of neutral sugars, free amino acids, and anthocyanins in protoplast. Plant Physiology
. 64: 88-93.
· Yadegari, M. 2018. Foliar application effects of salicylic acid and jasmonic acid on the essential oil composition of Salvia officinalis
. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry.
· Yang, J., J. Zhang, Z. Wang, Q. Zhu, and L. Liu. 2001. Water deficit induced senescence and its relationship to the remobilization of pre-stored carbon in wheat during grain filling. Agronomy Journal
. 93: 196-206.
· Yavas, I., and A. Unay. 2016. Effects of zinc and salicylic acid on wheat under drought stress. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences.
· Yuan, G.F., C.G. Jia, Z. Li, B. Sun, L.P. Zhang, N. Liu, and Q.M. Wang. 2010. Effect of brassinosteroids on drought resistance and abscisic acid concentration in tomato under water stress. Scientia Horticulturae
. 126(2): 103-108.
· Zare, S., A. Tavili, A. Shahbazi, and A. Riahi. 2010. The effect of different salicylic acid concentrations on improved germination characteristics of Sanguisorba minor
L. under salt and drought stress. Journal of Range and Watershed Management.
· Zargerian, M., A. Tehranifar, H. Nemati, and B. Siavashpour. 2016. The effect of salicylic acid on some morphophysiologic characteristics of sunflower seedlings in drought stress conditions. Journal of Horticulture. 30(1): 162-151. (In Persian).
Zhang, M., Z. Zhai, X. Tian, L. Duan, and Z. Li. 2008. Brassinolide alleviated the adverse effect of water deficits on photosynthesis and the antioxidant of soybean (Glycine max L.). Plant Growth Regulation. 56: 257-264