· Abdul-Baki, A.A., and J.D. Anderson. 1973. Vigor determination in soybean seed by multiple criteria. Crop Science. 13(6): 630-633.
· Ahmadpour, R., S. Hosseinzadeh, N. Armand, E. Fani, and F. Noedoust. 2015. Effect of methanol on germination characteristics of lentil (Lens culinaris) under drought stress. Iranian Journal of Seed Research. 2(1): 83-96. (In Persian).
· Alivand, R., R. Tavakol Afshari, and F. Sharifzadeh. 2013. Effects of gibberellin, salicylic acid, and ascorbic acid on improvement of germination characteristics of deteriorated seeds of Brassica napus. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 43 (4): 561-571. (In Persian).
· Anjum, N.A., S.H. Umar, and M.T. Chan. 2010. Ascorbate-glutathione pathway and stress tolerance in plants. Springer Dordrecht Heidelberg London New York. 462p.
· Ansari, O., M.S. Azadi, F. Sharif-Zadeh, and E. Younesi. 2013. Effect of hormone priming on germination characteristics and enzyme activity of mountain rye (Secale montanum) seeds under drought stress conditions. Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry. 9 (3): 61-71.
· Basra, S.M.A., N. Ahmad, M. Khan, N. Iqbal, and M.A. Cheema. 2003. Assessment of cottonseed deterioration during accelerated ageing. Seed Science Technology. 31 (3): 531-540.
· Bewley, J.D., K.J. Bradford, H.W.M. Hilhorst, and H. Nonogaki. 2013. Seed physiology of development, germination and dormancy. 3rd Edition. Springer New York, 392 pages.
Bhatia, V. S., S. Yadav, K. Jumrani, and K.N. Guruprasad. 2010. Field deterioration of soybean seed: Role of oxidative stress and antioxidant defense mechanism. Journal of Plant Biology. 32 (2): 179-190.
· Chamani, F., E. Tohhidinejad and M. Mohayeii. 2018. Effect of Salicylic Acid on Morpho-agronomical Traits of Guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba L.) under Drought Stress. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 12 (4): 569-580.· Dolatabadian, A., S.A.M. Modarresi Sanavy, and K.S. Asilan. 2010. Effect of ascorbic acid foliar application on yield, yield component and several morphological traits of grain corn under water deficit stress conditions. Notulae Scientia Biologicae. 2: 45-50.
· Downie, A., S. Miyazaki, H. Bohnert, P. John, J. Coleman, M. Parry, and R. Haslam. 2004. Expression profiling of the response of Arabidopsis thaliana to methanol stimulation. Phytochemistry. 65(16): 2305-2316.
· Eisvand, H.R., and M.A. Alizadeh. 2002. Evaluation some physiological quality characters (percentages of germination, speed of germination & vigore index) of Dracocephalum moldavicaL., by accelerated agin test. Iranian Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research. 11: 249-256. (In Persian).
· Fariduddin, Q., S. Hayat, and A. Ahmad. 2003. Salicylic acid influences net photosynthetic rate, carboxylation efficiency, nitrate reductase activity and seed yield in Brassica juncea. Photosynthetica. 41: 281-284.
· Forcella, F., R.L. Benech Arnold, R. Sanchez, and C.M. Ghersa. 2000. Modeling seedling emergence. Field Crops Research. 67: 123-139.
· Galeshi, S.A., and Z. Bayat Tork. 2006. Effect of post anthesis drought stress on seed vigor in two wheat cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science and Natural Resource. 12 (6): 1-7. (In Persian).
· Gharineh, M.H., A.M. Bakhshndeh, and K. Ghassemi Golezani. 2004. Vigour and seed germination of wheat cultivar in Khuzestan environment condition. Journal of Agricultural Science. 27: 1. 65-75. (In Persian).
· Grown, B.A.O.S.P. 2012. Physiological role of salicylic acid in improving performance, yield and some biochemical aspects of sunflower plant grown under newly reclaimed sandy soil. Australian Journal of Basicand Applied Sciences. 6: 82-89.
· Guo, Z., H. Tan, Z. Zhu, S. Lu, and B. Zhou. 2005. Effect of intermediates on ascorbic acid and oxalate biosynthesis of rice and in relation to its stress resistance. Plant Physiology, Biochemistry. 43: 955-962.
· Hamidi. A., D. Roodi, V. Asgari, and S. Hajilooi. 2008. Study on applicability of controlled deterioration vigour test for evaluation of seed vigour and field performance relationship of three oil-seed rape (Brassica napus L.) cultivars. Seed and Plant. 24 (4): 677-705. (In Persian).
· Hsu, C.C., C.L. Chen, J.J. Chen, and J.M. Sung. 2003. Accelerated aging-enhanced lipid peroxidation in bitter gourd seeds and effects of priming and hot water soaking treatments. Scientia Horticulturae. 98 (3): 201-212.
· Hunter, E.A., C.A. Glasbey, and R.E.L. Naylor. 1984. The analysis of data from germination tests. Journal of Agricultural Science. 102 (1): 207-213.
· Ivanova, E.G., N.V. Dornina, and Y.A. Trotsenko. 2001. Aerobic methylobacteria are capable of synthesizing auxins. Journal of Microbiology. 70: 392-397.
· Kalantar Ahmadi, S.A., A. Ebadi, J. Daneshian, S. Jahanbakhsh, and S.A. Siadat. 2015 b. Changes in enzymatic and nonenzymatic antioxidant defense mechanisms of canola seedlings at different drought stress and nitrogen levels. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 39 (5): 601-612.
· Kalantar Ahmadi, S.A., A. Ebadi, J. Daneshian, S. Jahanbakhsh, S.A. Siadat, and H. Tavakoli. 2015 a. Effects of irrigation deficit and application of some growth regulators on defense mechanisms of canola. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici. 43(1): 124-130.
· Kalantar Ahmadi, S.A., A. Ebadi, J. Daneshian, S.A. Siadat, and S. Jahanbakhsh. 2017. Effect of drought stress and foliar application of growth regulators on photosynthetic pigments and seed yield of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) cv. Hyola 401). Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 18(3): 196-217. (In Persian).
· Kalantar Ahmadi, S.A., and A.A. Shoushi Dezfouli. 2019. Effects of foliar application of micronutrients on seed yield and oil quality of canola (Brassicanapus L.) cv. Hyola401 under drought stress condition. Journal of Crop Sciences. 21(3): 237-253. (In Persian).
· Kalantar Ahmadi, S.A., and G. Fathi. 2014. Determination of stopping irrigation time for canola genotypes in North Khouzestan conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 45(3): 355-365. (In Persian).
· Khaki-Moghadam, A., and A. Rokhzadi. 2015. Growth and yield parameters of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) as influenced by foliar methanol application under well-watered and water deficit conditions. Environmental and Experimental Biology. 13(2): 93-97.
· Maguire, J.D. 1962. Speed of germination, aid in selection and evaluation for seedling emergence and vigour. Crop Science. 2: 176-177.
· Malik, S., and M. Ashraf. 2012. Exogenous application of ascorbic acid stimulates growth and photosynthesis of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under drought. Soil and Environment. 31(1): 72-77.
· Marshal, A.H., and D.N. Lewis. 2004. Influence of seed storage conditions on seedling emergence, seedling growth and dry matter production of temperate forage grasses. Seed Science and Technology. 32: 493-501.
· Mehrafarin, A., H. N. Badi, G. Noormohammadi, S. Rezazadeh, and A. Qaderi. 2011. Effects of environmental factors and methanol on germination and emergence of Persian Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research. 6 (19): 4631-4641.
· Mojaradi, T., M.R. Yavarzadeh and F. Shirzady. 2020. Effects of Seed Priming of Salicylic Acid and Foliar Application of Brassinostroid on Yield and some Physiological Traits of Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill.) under Water Deficit Condition. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 14 (2): 193-216. (In Persian).
· Oskouei, B., E. Majidi Heravan, A. Hamidi, F. Moradi, and A. Moghadam, 2014. Effect of planting date on yield and germination indices of different shapes of hybrid maize seeds (Zea mays L. cv. Single cross 704). International Journal of Biosciences. 5 (12): 512-517. (In Persian).
· Pirredda, M., M.E. González-Benito, C. Martín, and S. Mira. 2020. Genetic and epigenetic stability in rye seeds under different storage conditions: Ageing and oxygen effect. Plants. 9(3): 393.
· Rabiei, B., and M. Bayat. 2009. A study of seed germination and seedling growth indices of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) cultivars through seed vigour tests. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 40 (2): 93-104. (In Persian).
· Ramberg, H.A., J.S.C. Bradley, C. Olson, J.N. Nishio, J. Markwell, and J.C. Osterman. 2002. The role of methanol in promoting plant growth. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 1: 113-126.
· Rezaei, M., M. Sedghi, and R. Seyed Sharifi. 2014. Effect of seed priming on reserve mobilization of pot marigold (Calendula officinalis L.) seeds under salinity stress. Research in Crop Ecosystems. 1(2): 55-62. (In Persian).
· Sedghi, M., A. Nemati, and B. Esmaielpour. 2010. Effect of seed priming on germination and seedling growth of two medicinal plants under salinity. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 22 (2): 130-139.
· Shakirova, F.M., A.R. Sakhabutdinova, M.V. Bezrukova, R.A. Fatkhutdinova, and D.R. Fatkhutdinova. 2003. Changes in the hormonal status of wheat seedlings induced by salicylic acid and salinity. Plant Science. 164(3): 317-322.
· Shalata, A., and P.M. Neumann. 2001. Exogenous ascorbic acid (vitamin C) increases resistance to salt stress and reduces lipid peroxidation. Journal of Experimental Botany. 52: 2207-2211.
· Shao, H.B., L.Y. Chu, C.A. Jaleel, C.X. Zhao. 2008. Water deficit stress-induced anatomical changes in higher plants. Comptes Rendus Biologies. 331: 215-225.
· Shirani Rad, A.H., H. Atarodi, and H. Jabari. 2012. Investigation of irrigation regime and sowing date effect on seed vigor of rapeseed cultivars with accelerated ageing test. Electronic Journal of Crop Production. 5(2): 57-73. (In Persian).
· Sun, K., F. Jian, D.S. Jayas, and N.D. White. 2014. Quality changes in high and low oil content canola during storage: Part I– Safe storage time under constant temperatures. Journal of Stored Products Research. 59: 320-327.
· Tasgin, E., O. Atic, and B. Nalbantoglu. 2003. Effect of salicylic acid on freezing tolerance in winter wheat leaves. Plant Growth Regulation. 41: 231-236.
· Turkan, I. 2011. Plant responses to drought and salinity stress. Vol 57 - 1st Edition. Development in a post-genomic era. Advances in Botanical Research. 593p.
Zbiec, I., S. Karczmarczyk, and C. Podsiadło. 2003. Response of some cultivated plants to methanol as compared to supplemental irrigation. Electronic Journal of Polish Agricultural Universities. 6: 1-5.