· Al-Taisan, W.A. 2010. Evaluation of maize and potato densities effect on potato tuber yield in mono-cropping and intercropping systems. Australian Journal of Botany 57: 708-714.
· Boyd, N.S., R. Gordon, S.K. Asiedu, and R.C. Martin. 2002. The effects of living mulch on tuber yield of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). Biological Agriculture and Horticulture. 18: 203-220.
· Buhler, D., D. Liebman, and J.J. Obrycki. 2002. Theoretical and practical challenges to an IPM approach to weed management. Weed Science. 48: 274-280.
· Campiglia, E., R. Paolini, G. Colla, and R. Mancinelli. 2009. The effects of cover cropping on yield and weed control of potato in a transitional system. Field Crops Research. 112: 16-23.
· Dejoux, J.F., F. Feree, and J.M. Meynard. 2011. Time of hilling and interseeding affects weed control and potato yield. Weed Science. 47: 215- 225.
· Duppong, L.M., K. Delate, M. Liebmen, R. Horton, G. Kraus, J. Petrich, and P.K. Chowdbury. 2013. The effect of natural mulches on crop performance, weed suppression and biochemical constituents of catnip and St. John's Wort. Crop Science. 44: 861-869.
· Essah, S.Y., C. Delgado, J.A. Dillon, and R. Sparks. 2012. Cover crops can improve potato tuber yield and quality. Hort Technology. 22: 185-190.
· Friedrich, J.W., L.E. Schrader, and E.V. Norghim. 2009. Competition between potato and a living mulch. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 869: 579-876.
· Hall, J., L. Hartwing, and L. Hoffman. 2006. Cyanazine losses in runoff from no-tillage corn in living mulch and dead mulches vs. unmulched conventional tillage. Journal of Environmental Quality. 13: 105-110.
· Hiroshi, U., I. Kazuto, J. Yutaka, I. Keiko, S. Eri, Y. Toshiko, N. Satoshi, and G. Jai. 2012. Effect of interseeding cover crops and fertilization on weed suppression under an organic and rotational cropping system: 1. Stability of weed suppression over years and main crops of potato, maize and soybean. Field Crops Research. 127: 9-16.
· Jaiswal, V.P. 2010. Crop-weed competition studies in potato. Journal of Indian Potato Association. 18: 131-134.
· Martin, R.C., P.R. Greyson, and R. Gordon. 2010. Competition between corn and living mulch. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 79: 579-586.
· Moechnig, M.J., D.E. Stotenberg, and L.K. Binning. 2007. Empirical corn yield loss estimation from common lambsquaters (Chenopodium album) and giant foxtail (Setaria faberi) in mixed communities. Weed Science. 51: 386-393.
· Moshatati, A., A. Hejazi, M.H. Kian Mehr, S.A. Sadat Noori, and M.H. Gharineh. 2009. Effect of seed eeight on germination and growth of weat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedling pizhtaz variety. Elect. j. Crop Product. 2: 137-144. (In Persian).
· Mulugeta, D., and C.M. Boerboom. 2011. Potato (Solanum spp.) in the hot tropics. IV. Intercropping with maize and the influence of shade on potato microenvironment and crop growth. Field Crops Research, 18: 141-157.
· Murphy, C., D. Lemerle, R. Jones, and S. Harden. 2012. Use of density to predict crop yield loss between variable seasons. Weed Research. 42: 377-384.
· Prakashy, E.D., A.K. Pandy, and A.K. Srivastava. 2004. Relay intercropping of potato (Solanum tuberosum) in maize (Zea mays) under mid-hill condition. Journal of Agriculture Science. 74: 64-67.
· Putnam, A.R., and J. Defrank. 2009. Use of phytotoxic plant residues for selective weed control, Crop Protection. 2: 173-181.
· Ramakrishna, A., H.M. Tam, S.P. Wani, and T.D. Long. 2013. Effect of living mulches of Maize on soil temperature, moisture, weed infestation and yield of potato in northern Vietnam. Field Crops Research, 95: 115-125.
· Sincik, M., Z.M. Turan, and A.T. Goksoy. 2008. Responses of potato (Solanum tuberosum) to green manure cover crops and nitrogen fertilization rates. American Journal of Potato Research. 85: 150-158.
· Singh, B., R. Paolini, G. Colla, and R. Mancinelli. 2010. The effects of cover cropping on yield and weed control of potato in a transitional system. Crop and Pasture Science. 63:1018-1025
· Stinner, W., K. Moller, and G. Leithold. 2008. Effect of biogas digestion of clover/grass-leys, cover crops and crop residues on nitrogen cycle and crop yield in organic stockless farming systems. European Journal of Agronomy. 29: 125-134.
· Swanton, C.J., B.D. Booth, and S.D. Murphy. 2003. Weed ecology in natural and agricultural systems.CAB International Publishing. 320 pp.
· Teasdale, J.R. and C.L. Mohler. 2011. Weed suppression by residue from hairy vech and rye cover crop. In Proceedings of the 1st International Weed Control Congress. 516-518.
· Thiessen Marten, J.R., J.W. Hoeppner, and M.H. Entz. 2001. Legume cover crops with winter cereals in southern Manitoba: establishment, productivity and microclimate effects. Agronomy Journal. 93: 1086-1096.
· Uchino, H., K. Iwama, Y. Jitsuyama, K. Ichiyama, E. Sugiura, T. Yudate, S. Nakamura, and J. Gopal. 2012. Effect of interseeding cover crops and fertilization on weed suppression under an organic and rotational cropping system. Field Crops Research. 127: 9-16.
· Wang, Q., Y. Li, and A. Alva. 2012. Influence of cover crops and herbicide treatment on weed control and yield in potato and corn (Zea mays). Weed Technology. 24: 341-346.
· Wang, Q., Y. Li, W. Klassen, and Z. Handoo. 2010. Influence of cover crops and soil amendments on okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L.) production and soil nematodes. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems. 22: 41-53.
· Weinert, T.L., W.L. Pan, M.R. Moneymaker, G.S. Santo, and R.G. Stevens. 2010. Nitrogen recycling by nonleguminous winter covers crops to reduce leaching in potato rotation. Agronomy Journal. 94: 365-372.