· Ahmadi, A., A. Dabbagh Mohammdi Nasab, S. Zehtab Salmasi, R. Amini, and H. Janmohammadi. 2010. Evaluation of yield and advantage indices in barley and vetch intercropping. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production. 20(2): 76-87. (In Persian).
· Ali, E.A. 2012. Effect of iron nutrient care sprayed on foliage at different physiological growth stages on yield and quality of some durum wheat (Triticum durum L.) varieties in sandy soil. Asian Journal of Crop Science. 4: 139-149.
· Amiri, E. 2013. Evaluation of safflower and chickpea intercropping under different levels of plant density and nitrogen. M.Sc. Thesis. Industrial University of Isfahan, Iran. (In Persian).
· Asadi, G.A., S. Khorramdel, and M.H. Hatefi Farajian. 2016. The effects of row intercropping ratios of chickpea and saffron on their quantitative characteristics and yield. Journal of Saffron Agronomy and Technology. 4(2): 93-103. (In Persian).
· Awaad, H., and N. Elnaggar. 2017. Potential role of intercropping in maintaining and facilitating environmental sustainability. In: Sustainability of agricultural environment in Egypt: Part I. Abdelazim, M.N., and M. Abu-Hashim (eds). pp: 81-100. Springer, New York.
· Aytac, Z., N. Gulmezoglu, Z. Sirel, I. Tolay, and A. Alkan Torun. 2014. The effect of zinc on yield, yield components and micronutrient concentrations in the seeds of safflower genotypes (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici. 42(1): 202-208.
· Bahadorkhah, F., and S.A. Kazemeini. 2014. Effect of salinity and sowing method on yield, yield component and oil content of two cultivars of spring safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 12(2): 264-272. (In Persian).
· Cortés-Mora, A., G. Piva, M. Jamont, and J. Fustec. 2010. Niche separation and nitrogen transfer in Brassica-legume intercrops. Ratarstvo i Povrtarstvo. 47: 581-586.
· Doubi, B.T.S., K.I. Kouassi, K.L. Kouakou, K.K. Koffi, J.P. Baudoin, and B.I.A. Zoro. 2016. Existing competitive indices in the intercropping system of Manihot esculenta Crantz and Lagenaria siceraria (Molina) Standley. Journal of Plant Interactions. 11(1): 178-185.
· Duchene, O., J.F. Vian, and F. Celette. 2017. Intercropping with legume for agroecological cropping systems: complementarity and facilitation processes and the importance of soil microorganisms. A review. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 240: 148-161.
· Fotohi- Chianeh, S., A. Javanshir, A. Dabbagh Mohammadi Nassab, E. Zand, F.F. Razavi, and E. Rezaei-Chianeh. 2012. Effect of various corn (Zea mays L.) and bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) intercropping densities on crop yield and weed biomass. Journal of Agroecology. 4(2) 131-143. (In Persian).
· Hamzei, J., and M. Seyedi. 2013. Evaluation of barley (Hordeum vulgare) and chickpea (Cicer arietinum) intercropping systems using advantageous indices of intercropping under weed interference conditions. Journal of Agronomy Sciences. 6(9): 1-12. (In Persian).
· Hamzei, J., and N. Ghamari Rahim. 2015. Economic evaluation of faba bean (Vicia faba L.) and maize (Zea mays L.) intercropping based on relative value total and decrease of weeds growth. Journal of Crop Production and Processing. 6(19): 97-108. (In Persian).
· Hamzei, J., S. Najjari, F. Sadeghi, and M. Seyedi. 2014. Effect of foliar application of nano-iron chelate and inoculation with mesorhizobium bacteria on root nodulation, growth and yield of chickpea under rainfed conditions. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research. 5(2): 9-18. (In Persian).
· He, J., H. Wang, H. Ding, and C. Ge. 2016. Epibrassinolide confers zinc stress tolerance by regulating antioxidant enzyme responses, osmolytes and hormonal balance in Solanum melongena seedlings. Brazilian Journal of Botany. 39: 295-303.
· Hong, Y., N. Heerlink, M. Zhao, and W. van der Werf. 2019. Intercropping contributes to a higher technical efficiency in smallholder farming: evidence from a case study in Gaotai County, China. Agricultural Systems. 173: 317-324.
· Imtiaz, M., A. Rashid, P. Khan, M.Y. Memon, and M. Aslam. 2010. The role of micronutrients in crop production and human health. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 42(4): 2565-2578.
· Jalilian, J., A. Zajafabadi, and M.R. Zardashti. 2017. Intercropping patterns and different farming systems affect the yield and yield components of safflower and bitter vetch. Journal of Plant Interactions. 12(1): 92-99.
· Javanmard, A., M. Amani Machiani, and H. Eskandari. 2019. Evaluation of forage quantity and quality of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) and pea (Pisum sativum L.) intercropping system in Maragheh rainfed conditions. Journal of Agroecology. 11(2): 435-452. (In Persian).
· Kamaraki, H., and M. Galavi. 2012. Evaluation of foliar Fe, Zn and B micronutrients application on quantitative and qualitative traits of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Agroecology. 4(3): 201-206. (In Persian).
· Kazemeini, S.A., and H. Sadeghi. 2012. Reaction of the green bean-safflower intercropping patterns to different nitrogen fertilizer levels. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Research. 31(2): 13-22. (In Persian).
· Koochecki, A., J. Shabahang, S. Khorramdel, and R. Azimi. 2013. The effect of irrigation intervals and intercropped marjoram (Origanum vulgare) with saffron (Crocus sativus) on possible cooling effect of corms for climate change adaptation. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 11(3): 390-400. (In Persian).
· Kumara, K., K.N. Rao, H. Veeresh, A.K. Gaddi, and A.S. Channabasavanna. 2020. Response of safflower to foliar application of micronutrient mixture. International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry. 21(2): 26-33.
· Lithourgidis, A.S., C.A. Dordas, C.A. Damalas, and D.N. Vlachostergios. 2011 a. Annual intercrops: An alternative pathway for sustainable agriculture. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 5(4): 396-410.
· Lithourgidis, A.S., D.N. Vlachostergios, C.A. Dordas, and C.A. Damalas. 2011 b. Dry matter yield, nitrogen content, and competition in pea-cereal intercropping systems. European Journal of Agronomy. 34: 287-294.
· Liu, Y., W.P. Zhang, J.H. Sun, X.F. Li, P. Christie, and L. Li. 2015. High morphological and physiological plasticity of wheat roots is conducive to higher competitive ability of wheat than maize in intercropping systems. Plant and Soil. 397: 387-399
· Majnoon Hoseini, N., J. Soleymani, and H. Zeynali. 2014. Study the different proportions of strip intercropping on yield and yield components of safflower and spring chickpea. 5th National Conference of Iran Beans. Tehran, Iran. (In Persian).
· Maliro, M.F.A., D.L. Mc Neil, B. Redden, J.F. Kollmorgen, and C. Pittock. 2008. Sampling strategies and screening of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) germplasm for salt tolerance. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution. 55: 53-63.
· Manjith Kumar, B.R., M. Chidenand, P.M. Mansur, and S.C. Salimath. 2009. Influence of different row proportions on yield components and yield of rabi crops under different intercropping systems. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 22(5): 1087-1089.
· Marastoni, L., M. Sandri, Y. Pii, F. Valentinuzzi, G. Brunetto, S. Cesco, and T. Mimmo. 2019. Synergism and antagonisms between nutrients induced by copper toxicity in grapevine rootstocks: monocropping vs. intercropping. Chemosphere. 214: 563–578.
· Martin-Guay, M., A. Paquette, J. Dupras, and D. Rivest. 2018. The new green revolution: sustainable intensification of agriculture by intercropping. Science of the Total Environment. 615: 767-772.
· Mashhadi, T., A. Nakhzari Moghaddam, and H. Sabouri. 2015. Investigation of competition indices in intercropping of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under nitrogen consumption. Journal of Agroecology. 7(3): 344-355. (In Persian).
· Najaf Abadi, A., J. Jalilian, and Zardoshti, M.R. 2017. The effect of intercropping patterns on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of safflower and bitter vetch in high-input and low-input farming systems. Journal of Crop Improvement. 19(2): 445-460. (In Persian).
· Nandan, B., B.C. Sharma, G. Chand, K. Bazgalia, R. Kumar, and M. Banotra. 2018. Agronomic fortification of Zn and Fe in chickpea an emerging tool for nutritional security - a global perspective. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health. 2(4): 12-19.
· Nasri, M. 2014. Evaluation of different value on fertilizer (N, K, Zn) on nitrate content and quality characteristics of common bean to genotype sunray in Varamin region. Environmental Sciences. 12(4): 47-54. (In Persian).
· Reich, P.B., D. Tilman, S. Naeem, D.S. Ellsworth, J. Knops, J. Craine, D. Wedin, and J. Trost. 2004. Species and functional group diversity independently influence biomass accumulation and its response to CO2 and N. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 101: 10101-10106.
· Rezaei-Chiyaneh, E., S. Khorramdel, and P. Garachali. 2015. Evaluation of relay intercropping of sunflower and faba bean on their yield and land use efficiency. Journal of Crops Improvement. 17(1): 183-196. (In Persian).
· Saeidi, M.R., Y. Raei, R.A. Amini, A. Taghizadeh, and B. Pasban Eslam. 2018. Evaluation of yield and protein content of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) in intercropping with faba bean (Vicia faba L.) under biological and chemical fertilizers. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production. 28(4): 247-260. (In Persian).
· Saeidi, M.R., Y. Raei, R.A. Amini, A. Taghizadeh, B. Pasban Eslam, and A. Rohi Saralan. 2019. Competition indices of safflower and faba bean intercrops as affected by fertilizers. Notulae Scientia Biologicae. 11(1): 130-137.
· Sarbandi, H. 2014. Yield and yield components response of chickpea to foliar application of micronutrients. M.Sc. Thesis. Islamic Azad University, Arak, Iran. (In Persian).
· Singh Rajesh, K., H. Kumar, and K. Singh Amitesh. 2010. Brassica based intercropping systems - A review. Agricultural Review. 31(4): 6- 11.
· Soleimani, R., F. Nourgholipour, and F. Moshiri. 2017. Effect of foliar application of Zn, Fe and Mn on seed yield and micronutrient contents of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 19(1): 1-12. (In Persian).
· Vanlauwe, B., K. Descheemaeker, K.E. Giller, J. Huising, R. Merckx, G. Nziguheba, J. Wendt, and S. Zingore. 2015. Integrated soil fertility management in sub-Saharan Africa: unravelling local adaptation. Soil. 1: 491-508.
· Verma, R.K., A. Chauhan, R.S. Verma, L.U. Rahman, and A. Bisht. 2013. Improving production potential and resources use efficiency of peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) intercropped with geranium (Pelargonium graveolens L. Herit ex Ait) under different plant density. Industrial Crops and Products. 44: 577-582.
· Yaseen, M., W. Ahmad, and M. Shahbaz. 2013. Role of foliar feeding of micronutrients in yield maximization of cotton in Punjab. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 37: 420-426.
· Yilmaz, S., A. Özel, M. Atak, and M. Erayman. 2014. Effects of seeding rates on competition indices of barley and vetch intercropping systems in the eastern Mediterranean. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 39: 135-143.
· Zafaranieh, M. 2014. The effect of different patterns of safflower and chickpea intercropping on yield and yield components of chickpea. 2th National Conference of Applicable Researches in Agriculture Sciences. Tehran, Iran. (In Persian).
· Zain, M., I. Khan, R.W.K.K. Qadri, U. Ashraf, S. Hussain, S. Minhas, A. Siddiquei, M.M. Jahangir, and M. Bashir. 2015. Foliar application of micronutrients enhances wheat growth, yield, and related attributes. American Journal of Plant Sciences. 6: 864-869.
Zhang, G., Z. Yang, and S. Dong. 2011. Interspecific competitiveness affects the total biomass yield in an alfalfa and corn intercropping system. Field Crops Research. 124: 66-73.