· Aghaiy, P., O. Sadeghipour, and B. Delkhosh, 2011. The response of autumn safflower cultivars to drought stress in Shahre-rey region. Plant and Ecosystem. 26(7): 3-14. (In Persian).
· Alizadeh, A. 2001. Practical hydrology principles. Astan Ghods Razavi Press. (In Persian)
· Alvarz, S., A. Navarro, S. Banon, and S.B. MJ. 2009. Regulated deficit irrigation in potted Dianthus plants: Effects of severe and moderate water stress on growth and physiological responses. Scientia Horticulture. 122: 579-585.
· Ashkani, J., H. Pakniyat, Y. Emam, M.T. Assad, and M.J. Bahrani. 2007. The evaluation and relationships of some physiological traits in spring safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under stress and non-stress water regimes. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. 9: 267-277. (In Persian).
· Ashraf, M., and P.J.C. Harris. 2004. Potential biochemical indicators of salinity tolerance in plants. Plant Science. 166: 3-16.
· Ashrafi, E., and Kh. Razmjoo. 2010. Effect of irrigation regimes on oil content and composition of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) cultivars. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society. 87(5): 499-506.
· Babai, K., M. AminiDehagi, S.A.M. Modares-Sanavi, and R. Jabbari. 2010. Effect of water stress on morphological characteristics, content of proline and thymol in thyme. Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 26 (2): 251-239. (In Persian).
· Baghkhani, F., and H. Farahbakhsh. 2008. Effects of drought stress on yield and some physiological characters of three spring safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) varieties. Agricultural Research. 9(3): 45-58. (In Persian).
· Bahadorkhah, F., and S.A. Kazemeini. 2014. Effect of salinity and sowing method on yield, yield component and oil content of two cultivars of spring safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 12(2): 264-272. (In Persian).
· Bassil, E.S., and S.R. Kaffka. 2002. Response of safflower (Carthamus tinectorius L.) to saline soils and irrigation. I. Consumptive water use. Agricultural Water Management. 54: 67-80.
· Bijanzadeh, E., K. Nosrati, and T. Egan. 2010. Influence of seed priming techniques on germination and emergence of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Seed Science and Technology. 38: 242-247. (In Persian).
· Dudley, L.M., and U. Shani. 2003. Modeling plant response to drought and salt stress: Reformulation of the root sink term. Vadose Zone Journal. 2: 751-758.
· Esendel, E., A.I. Stanbulluoglo, B. Arslan, and C. Pasa. 2008. Effect of water stress in growth components of winter safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). In Knights, S.E. and T.D. Potter (ed.) Proceedings of the 7th International Safflower Conference. Wagga, Australia. November 3-6. P. 211-217.
· Farid, N., and P. Ehsanzadeh. 2006. Yield and yield components of spring-sown safflower genotypes and their response to shading on inflorescence and the adjacent green tissue in Isfahan. Journal of Water and Soil Science. 10(1): 189-199. (In Persian).
· Feizi, M., M.A. Hajabbasi, and B. Mostafazadeh-Fard. 2010. Saline irrigation water management strategies for better yield of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) in an arid region. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 4: 408-414.
· Ferasat, M., N.A. Sajedi, and M. Mirzakhani. 2012. Effects of drought stress on yield and yield components in safflower genotypes (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 10(2): 346-353. (In Persian).
· Franco, J.A., S. Banon, J.A. Fernandez, and D.I. Leskovar. 2000. Effect of nursery regimes and establishment on root development of Lotus certicus seedlings following transplanting. Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology. 76: 174-179.
· Gardner, F.P., R.B. Pearce, and R.L. Mitchell. 1985. Physiology of crop plants. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA.
· Hans-Henning, M., R.E. Blackshaw, J.R. Byers, H.C. Huang, D.L. Johnson, R. Keon, J. Kubik, R. McKenzie, B. Otto, B. Roth, and K. Stanford. 2004. Safflower production on the Canadian prairies. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Lethbridge, Alberta. 43p.
· Jami Alahmadi, M., M.A. Behdani, and A. Rahimi. 2009. Responses of yield and yield components of three safflower (Carthamus tinectorious L.) spring cultivars to salinity induced at different growth stages. Journal of Crop Production. 2(4): 113-134. (In Persian).
· Javadipour, Z., M. Movahhedi Dehnavi, and H.R. Balouchi. 2013. Evaluation of photosynthesis parameters, chlorophyll content and fluorescence of safflower cultivars under saline condition. Journal of Crop Production. 6(2): 35-56. (In Persian).
· Javed, S., S. Anwer Bukhari, M.Y. Ashraf, S. Mahmood, and T. Iftikhar. 2014. Effect of salinity on growth, biochemical parameters and fatty acid composition in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany. 46(4):1153-1158.
· Kamali, E., Z. Shahmohammadi Heydari, M. Heydari, and M. Feyzi. 2011. Effects of irrigation water salinity and leaching fraction on soil chemical characteristic, grain yield, yield components and cation accumulation in safflower in Esfahan. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science. 42(1): 63-70. (In Persian).
· Ksouri, R., W. Megdiche, A. Debez, H. Falleh, C. Grignon, and C. Abdelly. 2007. Salinity effects on polyphenol content and antioxidant activities in leaves of the halophyte Cakile maritime. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 45: 244-249.
· Lak, Sh., A. Naderi, S. A. Siyadat, A. Aeinehband, Gh. Nourmohamadi, and S.H. Mosavai. 2007. The effects of different levels of irrigation, nitrogen and plant population on yield, yield components and dry matter remobilization of corn at climatical conditions of Khuzestan. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources. 11(42): 1-15. (In Persian).
· Mohammad, M., A.M. Liaghat, and H. Molavi. 2011. Simultaneous effect of deficit irrigation and salinity on yield and yield components of tomato under field conditions. Journal of Irrigation Sciences and Engineering. 34:15-23. (In Persian).
· Mohsenzadeh, S., M.A. Malboobi, K. Razavi, and S. Farrahi-Aschtiani. 2006. Physiological and molecular responses of Aeluropus lagopoides (Poaceae) to water deficit. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 56: 314–322.
· Mosavifar, B.A., M.A. Behdani, M. Jami Alahmadi, and M.S. Hoseini Bojd. 2009. The effect of irrigation disruption in different reproductive growth stages on yield, yield components and oil content in three spring safflower cultivars. Agroecology. 1(1): 41-51. (In Persian).
· Mosavifar, B.A., M.A. Behdani, M. Jami Alahmadi, and M.S. Hoseini Bojd. 2011. Changes of chlorophyll index (SPAD), relative water content, electrolyte leakage and seed yield in spring safflower genotypes under irrigation termination. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research. 9(3): 525-534. (In Persian).
· Navarro, A.S., W. Banon, M.J. Conejero, and Sanchez-Blanco. 2008. Ornamental characters, ion accumulation and water status in Arbutus unedo seedlings irrigated with saline water and subsequent relief and transplanting. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 62: 364-370.
· Öztürk, E., H. Özer, and T. Polat. 2008. Growth and yield of safflower genotypes grown under irrigated and non-irrigated conditions in a highland environment. Plant Soil Environs. 54(10): 453-460.
· Palizdar, M., B. Delkhosh, A.H. Shiranirad, and Gh. Noormohammadi. 2013. Investigation on effects of irrigation regimes and potassium content on yield and yield components of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 24(4): 628-645. (In Persian).
· Rezaeizad, A. 2007. Responses of some sunflower genotypes to drought stress using different stress tolerance indices. Seed and Plant Improvement Journal. 23: 43-58. (In Persian).
· Rostami, M., R. Mirzaei, and M. Kafi. 2003. Assessment of drought resistance in four safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) cultivars at the germination stage. 7th International Conference on the Development of Drylands, 14-17 September, Tehran, Iran. (In Persian).
· Ruiz-Sanchez, M.C., R. Domingo, A. Torrecillas, and A. Perez-Pastor. 2000. Water stress preconditioning to improve drought resistance in young apricot plants. Plant Science. 156: 245-251.
· Sarmadnia, Gh., and A. Kochaki. 1999. Physiological aspects of dry farming. Jahad Daneshgahi, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. Pp. 440. (In Persian).
· Shahidi, A., M.J. Nahvinia, M. Parsinejad, and A. Liaghat. 2010. Determination of optimum model of water uptake under conjunctive salinity and water stress conditions in wheat cultivar. Journal of Water and Soil. 24: 534-544. (In Persian).
· Shannon, M.C. 1998. Adaptation of plants to salinity. Advance in Agronomy. 60: 75-119.
· Shir-esmaili, G.H., A.A. Maghsudi mood, G.R. Khajueinejad, and R. Abdoshahi, 2018. Yield and oil percentage of safflower cultivars (Carthamus tinctorius L.) in spring and summer planting seasons affected by drought stress. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 12(2): 237-252. (In Persian).
· Taheri Asbagh, F., A. Fayaz Moghaddam, and A. Hassanzadeh Gorttapeh. 2009. Influence of water stress and sowing date on sunflower yield and oil percentage. Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 4(4): 487-489.
· Torrecillas, A., P. Rodriguez, and M.J. Sanchez-Blanco. 2003. Comparision of growth, leaf water relations and gas exchange of Cistus albidus and Cistus monspeliensis plants irrigated with water of different NaCl salinity levels. Scientia Horticulture. 97: 353-368.
· Wang, D., M.C. Shannon, and C.M. Grieve. 2001. Salinity reduces radiation absorption and use efficiency in soybean. Field Crops Research. 69(3): 267-277.
· Yadollahi Dehcheshmeh, P., A.A. Bagheri, A. Amiri, and S. Esmailzadeh. 2014. Effects of drought and foliar application on yield and photosynthetic pigments sunflower. Journal of Crop Physiology. 6 (21): 73-83. (In Persian).
· Yadollahi Dehcheshmeh, P., M.R. Asgharipour, N. Kheiri, and A. Ghaderi. 2015. Effects of drought stress and different types of organic fertilizers on the yield and yield components of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). 1(2): 27-40. (In Persian).
· Yari, P., A.H. Keshtkar, and A. Sepehri. 2014. Evaluation of water stress effect on growth and yield of spring safflower. Plant Products Technology. 14(2): 101-117. (In Persian).
· Zafari, M., A. Ebadi, S. Jahanbakhsh Godehahriz, and M. Sedghi. 2017. Evaluating some physiological characteristics of safflower cultivars (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under water deficit stress and brassionosteroide application. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology. 11(4): 743-758. (In Persian).