· Ali, S., R. Mekki, G. Mairaj, M. Arif, M. Fida, and S. Bibi. 2008. Assessment of different crop nutrient management practices for yield improvement. Australian Journals of Crop Science.
· Alimadadi, A., M.R. Jahansouz, H. Besharati, and R. Tavakol Afshari. 2008. Study of the effect of phosphate solubilizing microorganisms, mycorrhiza and seed priming on nodulation in chickpea. Iranian Journal of Soil Research.
24: 43-53.(In Persian).
· Anjamshoaa, S., H. Moeinrad, and H. Ebrahimi. 2011. The effects of different irrigation levels on grain yield and yield components of four chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinum
L.) in Mashhad climatic condition. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research.
2(2): 69-82. (In Persian).
· Anonymous. 2020. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/faostat/en/#data/QC
· Aref, M., and M.A. Rezaei. 2014. Investigation of ascorbate and glycine betaine and their combined effects on photosynthetic pigments, protein, soluble sugars and catalase activity in chickpea (Cicer arietinum
L.) under soil salinity stress. Journal of Iranian Plant Ecophysiological Research.
9: 161-174. (In Persian).
· Ashraf, M., and M.R. Foolad. 2007. Improving plant abiotic-stress resistance by exogenous application of osmoprotectants glycinebetaine and proline. Environmental and Experimental Botany.
· Azarnia, M., and H.R. Eisvand. 2014. Effects of hydro and hormonal priming on yield and yield components of chickpea (Cicer arietinum
L.) in irrigated and rain-fed conditions. Journal of Crop Production.
6(4): 1-18. (In Persian).
· Bakht, T., I. Ahmad Khan, M. Ishfaq Khan, I. Khan, and A. Mateen Khattak. 2009. Weed control in pea (Pisum sativum
L.) through mulching. Journal Weed Sciece Reserch.
15(1): 83- 89.
· Basu, P.S., M. Ali, and S.K. Chaturvedi. 2007. Osmotic adjustment increases water uptake, remobilization of assimilates and maintains photosynthesis in chickpea under drought. Journal of Experimental Biology.
· Cha-um, S., T. Samphumphuang, and C. Kirdmanee. 2013. Glycine Betaine alleviates water deficit stress in indicia rice using proline accumulation, photosynthetic efficiencies, growth performances and yield attributes. Australian Journal of Crop Science.
· Diaz-Zorita, M., and G.A. Grosso. 2001. Application of foliar fertilizers containing glycine betaine improve wheat yields. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.
· Eisvand, H.R., M. Azarnia, F. Nazarian Firoozabadi, and R. Sharafi. 2012. Effects of Priming by gibberellin and abcsisic acid on emergence and some physiological characters of chikpea (Cicer arietinum
L.) seedling under dry and irrigated conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science.
42(4): 789-797. (In Persian).
· Eisvand, H.R., M.A. Alizadeh, and A. Fekri. 2010. How hormonal priming of aged and nonaged seeds of bromegrass affects seedling physiological characters. Journal of New Seeds.
11(1): 52-64. (In Persian).
· Geletu, B., and A. Yadeta. 2002. Evaluation of Ethiopian chickpea landraces for tolerance to drought. Genetic Resources Crop Evolution.
· Ghassemi-Golezani, K., P. Sheikhzadeh-Mosaddegh, and M. Valizadeh. 2008. Effects of hydropriming duration and limited irrigation on field performance of chickpea. Research Journal of Seed Science
. 1: 34-40. (In Persian).
· Ghassemi-Golezani, K., S.H. Mustafavi, and J. Shafagh-Kalvanagh. 2012. Field performance of chickpea cultivars in response to irrigation disruption at reproductive stages. Research on Crops.
· Gholami Zali, R., P. Ehsanzadeh, and J. Razmjoo. 2016. Effects of seed priming and irrigation regimes on grain yield and components of spring and autumn-sown Hashem chickpea genotype in northern Lorestan. Iranian Journal of Filed Crop Science.
47(1): 119-130. (In Persian).
· Kaur, S.A., K. Gupta, and N. Kaur. 2003. Priming of chickpea seeds with water and mannitol overcomes the effect of salt stress on seedling growth. International Chickpea and Pigeonpea Newsletter.
· Kirnak, H., E. Dogan, M. Alpaslan, S. Celik, E. Boydak, and O. Copur. 2008. Drought stress imposed at different reproductive stages influences growth, yield and seed composition of soybean. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist.
· Majnoon Hosseini, N. 2013. Agronomy and production of pulses (7 ed.): Tehran Unit of Jahad- Daneshgahi Press. (In Persian).
· Massomi, A., M. Kafi, and S.H. Hosseini. 2005. Effects of drought stress on morphological traits in chickpea (Cicer arientinum
L.) genotypes in greenhouse. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research.
3(2): 277-290. (In Persian).
· McDonald, M.B. 2000. Seed priming. In M. Aa., and J.D.B. Black (Ed.),Seed Technology and Its Biological Basis (pp. 287-325): Sheffield Academic Press, England.
· Miri, H.R., and A. Zamani Moghadam. 2015. Exegenous application of glycine betaine to reduce the effects of drought stress on maize (Zea maize
L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research.
12(4): 704-717. (In Persian).
· Moshtaghi, N., A. Bagheri, A. Nazemi, and S. Moshtaghi. 2009. Investigation of betaine spray on freezing tolerance of chickpea (Cicer arietinum
L.) in controlled conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research.
7(2): 647-656. (In Persian).
· Palta, J.A., A.S. Nandwal, S. Kumari, and N.C. Turner. 2005. Foliar nitrogen applications increase the seed yield and protein content in chickpea (Cicer arietinum
L.) subject to terminal drought. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research.
· Peolples, M.B., H. Nielsen, O. Huguenin, E. Erik, S. Jensen, E. Justes, and M. Williams. 2018. The contributions of legumes to reducing the environmental risk of agricultural production (G. Lemaire, P. De Faccio Carvalho, and S. Recous Eds.): Agroecosystem Diversity.
· Pocard, J., T. Bernard, and D. Rudulier. 1991. Translocation and metabolism of glycine betaine in nodulated alfalfa plants subjected to salt stress. Physiologia Plantarum
. 81: 95-102.
· Rahchamandi, H., M.A. Aboutalebian, G. Ahmadvand, and A. Jahedi. 2011. Effects of on-farm seed priming and sowing date on yield and yield components of three soybean cultivars (Glycine max
L.) in Hamedan. Plant Production Technology.
2(2): 17-28. (In Persian).
· Shirani B., M. Khodambashi, S. Fallah, and A. Danesh-Shahraki. 2015. Effects of foliar application of nitrogen, zinc and manganese on yield, yield components and grain quality of chickpea in two growing seasons. Journal of Crop Production and Processing
. 5(16) :143-152. (In Persian).
· Sogani M., F. Paknejad, I. Nadali, F. Elahipanah, and M. Ghafari. 2011. Effects of methanol on yield and yield components of chickpea (Cicer arietinum
L.). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology.
5(17): 79-88. (In Persian).
· Taghdisi Sayyar, M., S. Enteshari, and F. Daneshmand. 2014. The interaction of exogenous glycine betaine and water deficit on some physiologic characteristic of tomato (Lycopersicun esculentum
Mill.) plants. Journal of Plant Process and Function.
5(17): 109-120. (In Persian).
· Taiz, L., E. Zeiger, I.M. Moller, and A. Murphy. 2015. Plant Physiology and Development (6 ed.): Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, CT.
· Venkatesh M.S., N.B. Singh, and P.S. Basu. 2008. Foliar application of 2% urea for rainfed Chickpea. Pulses Newsletter. April-June.
Zarei, I., G. Mohammadi, Y. Sohrabi, D. Kahrizi, and K. Yari. 2011. Effect of different hydropriming times on the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). African Journal of Biotechnology. 10: 14844-14850.