· Agegnehu, G., A. Srivastava, and M.I. Bird. 2017. The role of biochar and biochar-compost in improving soil quality and crop performance: a review. Applied Soil Ecology
. 119: 156–170.
· Alizadeh, A. 2004. Relations between soil, root and plant. Astan Ghods Press. 46 pp. (In Persian).
· Anonymous. 1994a. CORESTA recommended method No 35. Determination of total alkaloids (as nicotine) in tobacco by continuous flow analysis. Available from: https://www.coresta.org/sites/default/files/technical_documents/main/CRM_35-update
· Anonymous. 1994b. CORESTA recommended method No 38. Determination of reducing carbohydrates in tobacco by continuous flow analysis. Available from: https://www.coresta.org/sites/default/files/technical_documents/main/CRM_38-update (Aug10).pdf
· Antony, A., and R.B. Singadhupe. 2004. Impact of drip and surface irrigation on growth, yield and WUE of Capsicum (Capsicum anum
L.). Agricultural Water Management
. 65: 121-132.
· Asgharipoor, M.R., and M. Rafiei. 2010. Effect of drought stress on different morphological characteristics of root and root: shoot ratio on mungbean genotypes. Pp: 2814. In: Proceedings of the 11th
Iranian Crop Sciences Congress, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. (In Persian).
· Auge, R.M. 2001. Water relations, drought and vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis. Mycorrhiza
. 11: 3-42.
· Azimi, R., M. Ghang Gho, and H.R. Asgari. 2013. The effect of mycorrhiza inoculation on the initial establishment and morphological of the Thymus vulgaris
L. under natural conditions. Iranian Journal of Crop Science
. 4: 666-676. (In Persian).
· Behrooz, A., and K. Vahdati. 2019. Arbuscular mycorrhiza and plant growth-promoting bacteria alleviate drought stress in Walnut. American Society for Horticultural Science
. 54: 1087-1092.
· Boyer, L.R., P. Brain, X.M. Xu, and P. Jeffries. 2015. Inoculation of drought-stressed strawberry with a mixed inoculum of two arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi: effects on population dynamics of fungal species in roots and consequential plant tolerance to water deﬁciency. Mycorrhiza.
· Chawla, H.S. 2003. Plant biotechnology a practical approach. Science Publishers Inc. USA.
· Elwan, L.M. 2001. Effect of soil water regimes and inoculation with mycorrhizae on growth and nutrients content of maize plants. Zagazig Journal of Agriculture Research
. 28: 162-172.
· Fritz, C., N. Palacios-Rojas, R. Feil, and M. Still. 2006. Regulation of secondary metabolism by the Carbon-nitrogen status in tobacco: nitrate inhibits large sectors of phenylpropanoid metabolism. The Plant Journal
. 46: 533-548.
· Hammer, E.C., Z. Balogh-Brunstad, I. Jakobsen, P.A. Olsson, S.L.S. Stipp, and M.C. Rilling. 2014. A mycorrhizal fungus grows on biochar and captures phosphorus from its surfaces. Soil Biology and Biochemistry
. 77: 252-260.
· Hashem, A., A. Kumar, A.M. Al-Dbass, A.A. Alqarawi, A.B.F. Al-Arjani, G. Singh, M. Farooq, M. Elsayed, and E. Fathi Abd_Allah. 2019. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and biochar improves drought tolerance in chickpea. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences
. 26: 614-624.
· Jiangzhou, L., J. Sigui, Z. Limeng, and Z. Qingzhong. 2016. Effects of biochar on soil quality and tobacco growthduring four years of consecutive application. Institute of Enviromental and Sustainable Development in Agriculture. Chinese Agricultural Science. APPOST 16.
· Kennedy, I.R., A.T.M.A. Choudhury, and M.L. Kecskes. 2004. Non-symbiotic bacterial diazotrophs in crop-farming systems: can their potential for plant growth promotion be better exploited? Soil Biology and Biochemistry
. 36: 1229–1244.
· Kim, Y., J.I. Oh, M. Vithanage, Y.K. Park, J. Lee, and E.E. Kwon. 2019. Modification of biochar properties using CO2
. Chemical Engineering Journal
. 372: 383-389.
· Ladha, J.K., and P.M. Reddy. 2003. Nitrogen fixation in rice systems state of knowledge and future prospects. Plant and Soil
. 252: 151-167.
· Lin, G., W. Rui, S. Guoming, Z. Jixu, M. Guixing, and Z. Jiguang. 2017. Effects of biochar on nutrients and the microbial community structure of tobacco-planting soils. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
. 17(4): 884-896.
· Maw, B.W., J.R. Stansell, and B.G. Stansell. 2009. Soil-plant-water relationships for flue-cured tobacco. The University of Georgia, Cooperative Extension. Research Bulletin
. 427: 1–36.
· Mickan, B.S.; L.K. Abbott, K. Stefanova, and Z.M. Solaiman. 2016. Interactions between biochar and mycorrhizal fungi in a water-stressed agricultural soil. Mycorrhiza
. 26: 565-574.
· Ortiz, N., E. Armada, E. Duque, A. Roldan, and R. Azcon. 2015. Contribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and/or bacteria to enhancing plant drought tolerance under natural soil conditions: effectiveness of autochthonous or allochthonous strains. Journal of Plant Physiology
. 174: 87-96.
· Phillips, J.M., and D.S. Hayman. 1970. Improved procedures for clearing roots and staining parasitic and vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi for rapid assessment of infection. Transactions of the British Mycological Society
. 55: 158-161.
· Pringle, A., J.D. Bever, M. Gardes, J.L. Parrent, M.C. Rillig, and J.N. Klironomos. 2009. Mycorrhizal symbioses and plant invasions. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics
. 40: 699–715.
· Rapparini, F., and J. Penuelas. 2014. Mycorrhizal fungi to alleviate drought stress on plant growth, p. 21–42. In: M. Miransari (ed.). Use of microbes for the alleviation of soil stresses. Vol. 1. Springer, New York, NY.
· Ruiz-Lozano, J.M., R. Porcel, G. Bárzana, R. Azcón, and R. Aroca. 2012. Contribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis to plant drought Mycorrhiza (2016) 26:565–574 tolerance: state of the art. In: Aroca, R (ed.), Plant Responses to Drought Stress. Springer, Berlin 335–362.
· Sabeti, M.M., A. Fallah, M. Norouzi, and S. Harutyunyan. 2012. Response of coker flue-cured tobacco to inoculation with Azotobacter chroococum
at various levels on nitrogen fertilization. Australian Journal of Crop Science
. 6(5): 861-868.
· Sensoy, S., S. Demir, O. Turkmen, C. Erdinc, and O. Savur. 2007. Responses of some different pepper (Capsicum annum
L.) genotypes to inoculation with two different arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Scientia Horticulturae
. 113(1): 92-95.
· Shang, X., Y. Shang, J. Fu, and T. Zhan. 2017. Nicotine significantly improves chronic stress-induced impairments of cognition and synaptic plasticity in mice. Mol neurobiol
. 54: 4644-4658.
· Solaiman, Z.M., P. Blackwell, L.K. Abbott, and P. Storer. 2010. Direct and residual effect of biochar application on mycorrhizal root colonization, growth and nutrition of wheat. Australian Journal of Soil Research
. 48(7): 546-554.
· Song, H. 2005. Effects of VAM on host plant in condition of drought stress and its mechanisms. Electronic Journal of Biology.
· Stajkovic, O., D. Delic, D. Josic, N. Kuzmanovic, N. Rasulic, and J. Knezevic-Vukcevic. 2011. Improvement of common bean growth by co-inoculation with rhizobium and plant growth-promoting bacteria. Romanian Biotechnological Letters
. 16: 5919-5926.
· Suliman, W., J.B. Harsh, N.I. Abu-Lail, A.M. Fortun, I. Dallmeyer, and M. GarciaPérez. 2017. The role of biochar porosity and surface functionality in augmenting hydrologic properties of a sandy soil. Science of Thethe Total Environment
. 574: 139–147.
· Taffouo, V.D., B. Ngwene, A. Akoa, and P. Franken. 2013. Influence of phosphorus application and arbuscular mycorrhizal inoculation on growth, foliar nitrogen mobilization, and phosphorus partitioning in cowpea plants. Mycorrhiza
. 24: 361–368.
· Tso, T.C. 2005. Production, physiology and biochemistry of tobacco plant. Institute of international development and education in agricultural and life sciences, New York, USA
· Vamerali, T., M. Saccomani, S. Bona, G. Mosca, M. Guarise, and A. Ganis. 2003. A comparison of root characteristics in relation to nutrient and water stress in two maize hybrids. Plant and Soil
. 255: 157–167.
· Warnock, D.D., J. Lehmann, T.W. Kuyper, and M.C. Rillig. 2007. Mycorrhizal responses to biochar in soil–concepts and mechanisms. Plant and Soil
. 300: 9-20.
· Wu, Q.S., and R.X. Xia. 2006. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi influence growth, osmotic adjustment and photosynthesis of citrus under well-watered and water stress conditions. Journal of Plant Physiology.
· Wu, S.C., Z.H. Cao, Z.G. Li, K.C. Cheung, and M.H. Wong. 2005. Effects of biofertilizer containing N-fixer, P and K solubilizers and AM fungi on maize growth: a greenhouse trial. Geoderma
. 125(1-2): 155-166.
· Xiang, Y., Q. Deng, H. Duan, and Y. Guo. 2017. Effects of biochar application on root traits. GCB Bioenergy
. 9: 1563-1572.
· Xu, C.Y., S. Hosseini-Bai, Y. Hao, R.C.N. Rachaputi, H. Wang, Z. Xu, and H. Wallace. 2015. Effect of biochar amendment on yield and photosynthesis of peanut on two types of soils. Environmental Science and Pollution Research International
. 22: 6112–6125.
· Yaghoby, M., M. Amerian, and H. Asghar. 2014. Comparison of the effect of biological and biofertilized fertilizers on some physiological traits in bean growing. The 2nd
National Conference of the Desert with the Approach of the Management of Arid and Desert Areas. Semnan University. (In Persian).
· Yousef, A.A., A.E. Edris, and A.M. Gomaa. 2004. A comparative study between some plant growth regulators and certain growth hormones producing microorganisms on growth and essential oil composition of Saliva officinalis
L. Plant Annals of Agricultural Science
. 49: 299-311.
· Zahra, I. T., and T.E. Loynachan. 2003. Endomycorrhizal fungi survival in continuous corn, soybean and fallow. Agronomy Journal
. 95(1): 224-230.
· Gao, L., R. Wang, G. Shen, J. Zhang, G. Meng, and J. Zhang. 2017. Effects of biochar on nutrients and the microbial community structure of tobacco-planting soils. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
. 17(40): 884-896.
Zhang, J., Z.F. Zhang, G.M. Shen, R. Wang, L. Gao, Y.C. Dai, T. Zha, and J.G. Zhang. 2016. Tobacco growth responses and soil properties to rice-straw biochar applied on yellow-brown soil in central China. International Conference on Energy Development and Environmental Protection (EDEP 2016) ISBN: 978-1-60595-360-1.